Chris Knott Insurance Scheme With Vx220.org.uk

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#41 ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

Please don't forget to ring us when your insurance is due!

#42 vxbandit

vxbandit

• Pip
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

Very competetive. Phoned up and they beat my other quoted by loads.

#43 ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

Very competetive. Phoned up and they beat my other quoted by loads.

In 2008 so far, we saved our new customers, on average, 15.5% off their BEST quote, not just their renewal price, but their BEST quote!

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover, & 19 and over for TPF&T cover. All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, it excludes all M (Manchester), L (Liverpool), OL (Oldham) & SK1-12 (Stockport) postcodes and Northern Ireland.

Please feel free to call us at renewal time!

#44 Wazzer

Wazzer

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

Found the service over the phone friendly and very helpful. Beat my renewel quote quite easily but I have since found a cheaper one, non the less very impressed with the attitude and manner of the guy who I spoke to. thumbsup

#45 Geebo

Geebo

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

I thought my Norwich Union renewal this week was good at £380 but Chris Knott came up with £330. A £50 saving for just a few minutes on the phone. Also now bonus protected . Imnotworthy

#46 davestarck

davestarck

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:00 PM

I thought my Norwich Union renewal this week was good at £380 but Chris Knott came up with £330.
A £50 saving for just a few minutes on the phone. Also now bonus protected . Imnotworthy

Out of interest how old etc if you don't mind me asking. I phoned them today and they couldn't get any where near my £330 from Hagerty. I'm 42 with no accidents, clean licence etc etc?

Dave

#47 Geebo

Geebo

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:04 AM

I thought my Norwich Union renewal this week was good at £380 but Chris Knott came up with £330.
A £50 saving for just a few minutes on the phone. Also now bonus protected . Imnotworthy

Out of interest how old etc if you don't mind me asking. I phoned them today and they couldn't get any where near my £330 from Hagerty. I'm 42 with no accidents, clean licence etc etc?

Dave

I turned 50 3 weeks ago no accidents and clean licence . The quote included a Milltek exhaust. I've got an NA by the way.
The guy said it was the lowest quote he had done for a VX.
Dave there aint many perks to being an old fart but :P but I paid more the this 3 years ago with Norwich Union without the bonus protection.

#48 davestarck

davestarck

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:40 AM

Dave

I turned 50 3 weeks ago no accidents and clean licence . The quote included a Milltek exhaust. I've got an NA by the way.
Dave there aint many perks to being an old fart but :P but I paid more the this 3 years ago with Norwich Union without the bonus protection.

Mine is also a NA with a Milltek, but I have not got any 'No Claims' as my Hagerty policy does not have it!! Plus your slightly older of course :lol:

Dave

Edited by davestarck, 13 September 2008 - 08:40 AM.

#49 Geebo

Geebo

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

Dave

Mine is also a NA with a Milltek, but I have not got any 'No Claims' as my Hagerty policy does not have it!! Plus your slightly older of course :lol:

Dave

Slightly older, I like that Dave.

Edited by Geebo, 14 September 2008 - 10:29 PM.

#50 Sambo1

Sambo1

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

Suppose theres not alot of point me getting a quote as im only 21 with 4years NCB :closedeyes:

#51 ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

Suppose theres not alot of point me getting a quote as im only 21 with 4years NCB :closedeyes:

It's worth giving us a call if you've got the experience.

#52 Sambo1

Sambo1

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

It's worth giving us a call if you've got the experience.

Hi Tim

I just phoned and was told there wasnt alot of point doing a quote. Evan tho im 21 with 4 years NCB and having owned a Racing puma focus RS and a clio 182 Trophy doing various track days etc :rolleyes:

Oh well will have to wait till next year and stomach the £1070 insurance cost with admiral. Annoying because Bell and admiral quoted me £850 but put it up over £200 because i fitted some coilovers :rolleyes:

thumbsdown

Best Regards

Sam

#53 ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

OK, sorry we couldn't do it this year.

#54 Sambo1

Sambo1

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

No worries Joys of being young still

#55 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

Its not worth calling them if you want to get home after an accident though.. :rolleyes: no wonder they managed to beat flux's quote.. the cover is minimal. you end up stranded the otherside of the country thumbsup

Edited by Guy182, 15 September 2008 - 12:23 PM.

#56 EdButler

EdButler

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:30 PM

Its not worth calling them if you want to get home after an accident though.. :rolleyes:

no wonder they managed to beat flux's quote.. the cover is minimal.

you end up stranded the otherside of the country thumbsup

Ill echo this as I seem to recall wanting a Courtesy Car in my policy, but just found out it isn't in my policy schedule... Rather annoyed - make sure you read EVERYTHING once you get one of these policies through people :(

#57 ChrisKnottIns

ChrisKnottIns

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

I personally had an accident with these insurers and had a courtesy car with me 24 hours after I notified them!!!! I was well impressed.

Edited by Tim1, 15 September 2008 - 01:00 PM.

#58 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

Well that's handy :rolleyes:

#59 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

I personally had an accident with these insurers and had a courtesy car with me 24 hours after I notified them!!!!

I was well impressed.

what use is a courtesy car 24hrs later when you are stranded at the otherside of the country and the insurance recovery will take your car to a local safe place where you then need to make your own way from..

how do i walk a few hundred mile home from the middle of the lake district....

#60 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

I personally had an accident with these insurers and had a courtesy car with me 24 hours after I notified them!!!!

I was well impressed.

I wonder why you haven't added your contact details/ad to this post :rolleyes:

Edit: I'm guessing they weren't strapped down properly? :)

Edited by sworks, 15 September 2008 - 12:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users