Can Anyone Make One Of These For Me?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Angelplayz

Angelplayz

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife to be, Angela & my 2 dogs Sammy & Daisy.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

Hi guys.

As some of you know I have sold my VX and have bought a MX5 as my track Biatch!

I have upgraded lots of bits (new 1144 mintex brakes, tyres, Brake lines, Braces etc) but have started to find a few issues, some of which I've sorted, some of which I'm still finding need doing!!

I was at RAF Marham yesturday (great day!) and suddenlt lost all power on the final straight. Coasted into the pits and opened the bonet. Saw the issue right away, the induction air filter piping had come apart meaning the cone filter was just hanging off!

The pipework is currently held in place by a Jubilee clip with a screw thread welded to it screwed and bolted to a T-shaped bracket like this one (sorry about the basic artwork!)

Posted Image

This is a problem as the jubilee clip snapped at the weld and I think this will happen again if I just get anouther one made up.

What I would like to have made is as follows (again sorry about the rubbish drawing!)

Posted Image

I would still have a jubilee clip holding the pipework together but would have the new bracket holding the pipe in place.

Any improvements to my rubbish design are just as welcome as an offer to make one for me!!

I can provide measurements if needed.

Cheers

Dean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users