Na Tuning Results

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#241 Foxy_Jr

Foxy_Jr

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:25 AM

Well Lets see how Courtenay ;) perform on mine, I'm booked in today for a remap!! :P Will post the figures/graphs later!! :groupjump:

#242 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:41 AM

If you have not already got one, go for a K@N or viper the noise is ace. thumbsup

#243 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:13 PM

Well Lets see how Courtenay ;) perform on mine, I'm booked in today for a remap!! :P

Will post the figures/graphs later!!

:groupjump:

Foxy_Jr, is that Courteney's CS3 you're going for (airbox mods, exhaust, remap)?

#244 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

Foxy_Jr, is that Courteney's CS3 you're going for (airbox mods, exhaust, remap)?

He already has Piper back box, viper and precat removed, so it's just the remap.

#245 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:11 PM

Ahhh, a proper fair test thumbsup How many miles on the kiddy's car?

#246 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:23 PM

...about 12k iirc - mines about 9k so they're almost identical.

#247 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:18 PM

He is obviously still driving round having the time of his life. :groupjump:

#248 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 07:19 PM

He bloody better be enjoying it! I'm sitting here waiting for the results!!!

#249 Pipo

Pipo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Interests:Computer, automotive technics, electronics, MTB, Alpine ski, playing keyboard.

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:05 PM

But it seems you have that standard effect 146/120 HP at flywheel and wheels ;)
chinky chinky

Yep, I admit I was disappointed with the results. :( But my mods (i removed the maincat also now, just have to mod the backbox yet) will only have effect after I let the ECU be reprogrammed. I hope to end up with +- 175 HP :)

#250 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:01 PM

He bloody better be enjoying it! I'm sitting here waiting for the results!!!

I am going on holiday in the morning and was looking forward to the results. Looks like I will have to wait a week. thumbsdown

#251 Foxy_Jr

Foxy_Jr

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 10:09 PM

First off, what a great service I recieved from the guys at Courtenay today - Thanks. thumbsup Very interesting afternoon and pleased with the results. The car feels much more livley and the 'flat spot' between 3-4000 rpm seenms to have almost vanished. ;) Before the remap : 155.8bhp @ 5388 rpm 159.1lbft @ 5048 rpm After the remap : Max Power speed 107.6 mph / 5623rpm Power @ Flywheel 164.5 bhp Power @ Wheels 128.1 bhp Max torque speed 96.9mph / 5048 rpm Max torque 160.0 lbft tested @ 18Deg / 1011mb Lets see how it compares on Monday!! :D

#252 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:13 AM

Looking good, do you fancy the courtenays, 200cpsi cat, it gives even more thrust from around 4000rpm (well worth it). :D

#253 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:14 AM

But it seems you have that standard effect 146/120 HP at flywheel and wheels ;)
chinky chinky

Yep, I admit I was disappointed with the results. :( But my mods (i removed the maincat also now, just have to mod the backbox yet) will only have effect after I let the ECU be reprogrammed. I hope to end up with +- 175 HP :)

I´m not sure that removing the trumpet is such a great idea, tho. It is there for a reason, prolly creating harmonic pulses, which can enhance the mid-range power. To improve the inlet system characteristics knowledge of how all volumes interact is essential.

#254 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:22 PM

Nice one Foxy_Jr...any chance of seeing the graphs? :)

#255 Foxy_Jr

Foxy_Jr

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:00 AM

Nice one Foxy_Jr...any chance of seeing the graphs? :)

Willl try and post the graphs ASAP. However, the graphs they printed were the average of the 7, yes! 7 runs they did on the dino, after the remap :D

The 2nd run after the remap gave a huge, unexpected, power increase 140+ bhp at the wheels!! :D So they were trying to explain that. In the end it was put down to the management winding the timing round then the knock sensors winding it back. Initialy it was thought to be wheelspin, but the 80-100mph time went from standard 5.8s to 2.6s!! (the clock never lies) During that run the thing went mental B) at about 5000rpm!! Can anyone else offer any sudgestions on this??

The figures I posted the other night I think were probably as acurate as they could be. The guys at Courtenay showed me how easy it is to 'fiddle' the results of the dino.

I will be interested to see how it compares to the other cars on Monday.

I would like to see how these results compare to a calculated bhp measurement taken from a 0-60 time. Obviously you need to know the weight of the car. Foxy has a accelerometer which calculates this. So maybe we can have a play in Angelsea.

#256 Pipo

Pipo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Interests:Computer, automotive technics, electronics, MTB, Alpine ski, playing keyboard.

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:08 PM

I´m not sure that removing the trumpet is such a great idea, tho. It is there for a reason, prolly creating harmonic pulses, which can enhance the mid-range power. To improve the inlet system characteristics knowledge of how all volumes interact is essential.

To Clipping Point:
You're right. I discovered that removing the trumpet of the airbox pulled up the torque curve between 4000 and 5500 rpm and made the flat part longer, but made the dip between 3000 and 3300 rpm deeper.

#257 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:24 AM

A test with a Ecotec engine with the standard (Chevy) intake and with no intake or filter at all, just the bare TB. Interesting that the mid-range torque only suffers marginally, while the top end effect is great.....

Attached Files

Edited by rubber, 07 December 2004 - 01:10 AM.

#258 lobster

lobster

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:23 PM

Just a general point , whenever we have tables on here I can't see them. It's obviously my computer, so what sort of table seeing programme do I need? :blink:

#259 meldert

meldert

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:12 PM

Just a general point , whenever we have tables on here I can't see them. It's obviously my computer, so what sort of table seeing programme do I need? :blink:

None AFAIK... All tables that C_P posts are always pictures i.e. screen dumps... You should be able to se them as you se all the other pics on this forum... :blink:

#260 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:40 AM

Things are heating up. A 245 HP Speedster in Italy, with separate TB:s. My own tuning project, with 68 mm TB. TMS:s TB product.. This will be a thrilling spring, indeed!!

Attached Files

Edited by clipping_point, 25 March 2006 - 09:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users