• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ducati996Senna

Ducati996Senna

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:13 PM

I've read posts on the use of these bolts for certain types of wheels. How do they work and why are they used?

#2 barrybethel

barrybethel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 05:56 PM

Wobbly bolts are used when the PCD on the wheels doesn't match that on the car. I have these on my oz superleggeras. It's not as bad as it sounds! The hole in the wheel that the bolt passes through is slightly larger than the diameter of the bolt, allowing the bolt to be slightly off - centre. The bolts have large-ish washers which are dome shaped on the reverse to allow them to seat in the dish shaped aperture on the wheel. The bolts themselves are normal, i.e solid, not wobbly at all! Hope this helps. If you're still struggling pm me

#3 Ducati996Senna

Ducati996Senna

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:56 PM

Thanks alot thats fine.

#4 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:51 PM

I have'em on, used'em extensively on track, so far so good..... only complaint, after a while the washer tend to get stuck inside the rim( are loosely hooked on the bolt itself), so you have to pry'em out and reposition'em.... more a nuisance than anything else.... I think I fixed the issues tho', cramping the edges of the washer so that it does not disconnect anymore, while retaining all the needed "play"..... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users