6 replies to this topic

#1 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

I had a fabulous Evening O.P.L session with Circuit Day’s yesterday. It was my first time there and it was more than a little daunting for the first hour. But after I familiarised myself with the layout, which is to my mind is quite technical, it proved to be an awesome track. The speeds you can carry through many of the corners required maximum concentration throughout the entire lap. That, together with the sheer quantity & quality of quick cars proved to be a great combination. Unlike LOT run Track Days, which are more restrained with better on Track etiquette, the Circuit Days run Days are more competitive with a generous splash of testosterone for good measure. There were two other vx’s there, but due to limited evening time we didn’t get time to say much. I can’t wait for the LOT track day at Silverstone soon. Also, I met Jamie one of the LOT instructors there. He was giving 1-2-1 tuition to a nice guy in a fab Orange 2-Eleven (...mmm!) Anyway, he only charges £200 all in per full day for 1-2-1 training at any circuit. I was thinking of booking up 3 days with him. Has anyone used him before?

#2 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

I had a fabulous Evening O.P.L session with Circuit Day’s yesterday. It was my first time there and it was more than a little daunting for the first hour. But after I familiarised myself with the layout, which is to my mind is quite technical, it proved to be an awesome track. The speeds you can carry through many of the corners required maximum concentration throughout the entire lap. That, together with the sheer quantity & quality of quick cars proved to be a great combination.

Unlike LOT run Track Days, which are more restrained with better on Track etiquette, the Circuit Days run Days are more competitive with a generous splash of testosterone for good measure. There were two other vx’s there, but due to limited evening time we didn’t get time to say much. I can’t wait for the LOT track day at Silverstone soon.

Also, I met Jamie one of the LOT instructors there. He was giving 1-2-1 tuition to a nice guy in a fab Orange 2-Eleven (...mmm!) Anyway, he only charges £200 all in per full day for 1-2-1 training at any circuit. I was thinking of booking up 3 days with him. Has anyone used him before?

Jamie Stanley ?

I had instruction with Jamie at a snowy & icey Brands in 2007 , very good.

Posted Image

#3 Stu-7

Stu-7

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

Max - sounds like you had a good day. I did a C-D day there in April (right before the LoT day as a matter of coincidence). And yes, the on-track behaviour and etiquette from the C-D to LoT day was markedly different. Glad you enjoyed the track. I found that Hangar straight is a bit of an engine-killer so i was short shifting into 5th as soon as I exited Chapel to save unnecessary loading on the engine. Most enjoyable section of track is Becketts > Chapel > Stowe > exit of Club corner....just awesome and because of the run-off you can really hang it out.

#4 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hope you did better than the Newbie on the Goldtrack evening tonight. Rolling road block unable to see the mayhem and agro he caused lap after lap. Get some training number 43 before you do any more open pitlane events.

#5 Stu-7

Stu-7

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:31 AM

Hope you did better than the Newbie on the Goldtrack evening tonight.

Rolling road block unable to see the mayhem and agro he caused lap after lap. Get some training number 43 before you do any more open pitlane events.

Was it a VX?

#6 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

Hope you did better than the Newbie on the Goldtrack evening tonight.

Rolling road block unable to see the mayhem and agro he caused lap after lap. Get some training number 43 before you do any more open pitlane events.

Was it a VX?

Yes but not a VXR.

I guess everyone starts somewhere but an open pitlane event you expect at least a basic level of competence.

#7 bennyboysvuk

bennyboysvuk

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Finally bought a VXT and what a piece of work she is!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

I couldn't believe how fast the GP circuit is when I went there on my bike. The only thing that detracted from it for me was the grid markings on the start finish straight mean that on a bike you're drifting about over each grid marking in the wet and also that the F1 cars (so I'm told) are responsible for pattering the tarmac at turn 1. I was glad of the run off in turn 1 though. thumbsup I recall going off there in a race and having enough run off to stay on the bike, rejoin and only lose 1 place. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users