• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 02:58 PM

I'm gonna risk it and come to spectate. I rekon if we all arrive at the same time they'll let us in together - Besides I've never been asked for any sort of paperwork to get access to a trackday (Getting the wristband to allow you to drive is a different matter though!) TT/rubber - As we live close to each other, maybe I could give TT a lift? We could meet rubber at Thurrock if you like. Lat me know what you think. Either way, see y'all at 7

#22 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:28 PM

Chris, I'd like to go out for a blast with you tomorrow. I wanna see how our cars compare. Obviously we'll have to make allowances for your poorer driving ability. :P edit: typo

Edited by streetboy, 13 February 2004 - 03:29 PM.

#23 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:54 PM

Yeeeeeeee haaaa! We’ve got the full GT tomorrow and only 75 cars! :groupjump: How excited am I! Chris: We’ve got the 1km straight mate. The NA boys don’t stand a chance. :P I’ll be interested to see how Ian’s Stage 3 performs. 210bhp/tonne? Impressive! Not quite 270bhp/tonne though, is it. ;)

#24 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 05:14 PM

We’ve got the 1km straight mate. The NA boys don’t stand a chance

Git ;)

#25 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 05:21 PM

I'm gonna risk it and come to spectate. I rekon if we all arrive at the same time they'll let us in together - Besides I've never been asked for any sort of paperwork to get access to a trackday (Getting the wristband to allow you to drive is a different matter though!)

TT/rubber - As we live close to each other, maybe I could give TT a lift? We could meet rubber at Thurrock if you like. Lat me know what you think.

Either way, see y'all at 7

cheers for the offer mate, but I'll go up with rubber - gonna have to stick with the plan as I have no internet at home at the moment and am leaving work in a mo

#26 Chuck

Chuck

• PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Home Entertainment, Computing

Posted 13 February 2004 - 05:34 PM

7am, your joking, I don't get out of bed until lunch.

#27 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 06:19 PM

cheers for the offer mate, but I'll go up with rubber - gonna have to stick with the plan as I have no internet at home at the moment and am leaving work in a mo

No probs. See u there

#28 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 06:29 PM

Ben meet us at Toddington services at 7am Ian

#29 Louise

Louise

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:51 PM

Any news guys/gals????? How did it go? I heard it was wet :rolleyes:

#30 earlystock

earlystock

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:46 AM

My car broke....alternator belt decided to snap, followed( i think,a few seconds later by the Cam belt)...seems to be a possible pattern here....Thorneys belt shreds, Streetboys starts to wear though, and now mine has snapped. Otherwise a good day. There was not a whole lot of grip out there. I found the turbo awhole lot more of a handfull than the NA. Car is now back at Crownhill. Kudos to the guys at Crownhill...gave me a lift to Milton Keynes station.

#31 proaxis2

proaxis2

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:14 AM

Glad to see you got back alright Chris. Apart from his car braking it was a very good day. Good to meet a few guys from here for the first time and was great to take the VX on track for the first time, resulting in quite a few rookie spins :D Overall the day was well organised. Great using the full GT circuit with not that many cars present. Couple of occasions I'd do a complete 4 mile lap and not come accross anyone in front or behind me. New corner is interesting, obviously mainly done for safety reasons, but they could have swept it before hand. Along side our 10 or so VX's, obviously mainly Elises present, with couple of GT3's, Caterhams and a nutbag went out in the Porchse Caynene (sp), he was keeping up and overtaking others though!! :blink: Got some photos which I'll post in a minute, some which I took and ones of me, obviously I didn't take, and you can see the difference as they were taken by the pro photographer who was there. Adam

#32 proaxis2

proaxis2

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:16 AM

Me

Attached Images

• me.jpg

#33 proaxis2

proaxis2

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:17 AM

P11 COV

Attached Images

• p11cov.jpg

#34 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 11:34 AM

Beford was brill :groupjump: At first when I saw the track and realised it was damp and cold, my hopes for a great day went down the pan. That was until we actually got out there :) I love bedford, I love the way you can chuck your car around most of the circuit without crashing into anything. In the afternoon I gave up trying to learn the lines and tried out my sideways driving. Absolutely brilliant :groupjump: Lift off the throttle mid way through a bend, let the back end swing out and floor the throttle Wahheeey I'm going sideways :jump: Probablly one of the best days i've done for a while now. I hope Earlystock can get his car fixed asap as well :) Will have to keep my eye out for other bedford days now cheers

#35 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:23 PM

Fantastic day, good to meet you all, shame Streetboy met the black flag. Usual excellent SELOC manners, I had a session with with Don Palmer, who appeared never to have been in a VXT before and was full of praise for the set up of the car (unlike the previous elise he had been driving). Value day for open pit on the full circuit with that number of cars. I am seriously tempted by the 28th. Took my wife to a track day for the first time (It was Valentines day) She only managed two laps before feeling sick. Shame those were the only two laps all day I was out at the same time as Thorney. She did present me with the days pics on DVD. Sweet.

#36 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:57 PM

Blimey, I didn't realise you were there Partridge.... Oh yeah, that's right I think I said hello for the three minutes you weren't on the track!! :P :poke: Glad you had such a good day mate :D I've got some piccies too but they'll have to wait till I get home from work I'm afraid!

#37 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:18 PM

Finally got home internet back connected!! :D :jump: Just wanted to say thanks to Ian (Rubber) for the passenger ride and for actually getting me there (and literally going out of his way to collect me!!), thanks to Chris (earlystock) for a very rally pax ride!! Hope your car gets sorted quickly mate. And streets for the pax ride before the final black flagging - and for going "f*ck it we've been black flagged, so I might as well go for it" :lol: cheers to BenW to for the lift back :D It was a good day :D B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users