Fitting Induction Kit

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 m7mini

m7mini

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 02:02 PM

Have ordered a powertec kit for my NA 3 weeks ago and it still hasnt arrived despite being given a 4 day eta on ordering :angry: The latest excuse is that the instructions are being re-written so i have asked for it to be sent out without them - does anyone have any advice or instructions they could scan in to help me get the bloody thing on (assuming that it does acually turn up!) cheers

#2 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:41 PM

to be fair the instructions werent much cop. Pete asked me to take a few pics (as i have one) - but its so far in the engine bay that they came out crap.... I have instructions on how to remove the airbox -send me your email on a pm. I've just sent Pete a PM asking if he want the pics even if they are crap or not?? Its the angle, the pipes, the bodywork... Just always in the way :beat:

Edited by cheeky_chops, 13 February 2004 - 07:45 PM.

#3 m7mini

m7mini

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 04:44 PM

cheers... i think i will be ok in taking the airbox out, i was just trying to work out where all the brackets and bits go - gonna have a go tomorrow so i will see what happens :blink:

#4 pablo

pablo

• Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:cars, snowboarding and breakdancing

Posted 14 February 2004 - 04:52 PM

a nearby tuning garage did mine for £25.

#5 m7mini

m7mini

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:36 PM

Just found this on the web from a search maybe useful if others have the same questions.
http://www.filterpow...les/57-0392.pdf

#6 m7mini

m7mini

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 05:10 PM

Just spent the past few hours trying to fit the bloody thing with a mate that works on VX's and has fitted several induction kits..... Getting the airbox out was easy enough after getting the rear wheel off as it was stuck solid to the hub :9mm: So went to fit the powertec and all the brackets seemed the same as the K&N without the silicone extension to the intake pipe. So fitted the filter and brakets to the intake pipe etc and went to fit it on the car...did it fit - did it f**k Both of us the spent the next hour or so trying to workout how we could get it to fitusing what i had been supplied and we both came to the same conclusion that the filter needed the silicone extension as fitted to the K&N So we then farted around putting all the original bits back on. rant I am now a very very unhappy customer after waiting 3 weeks for it to arrive and then finding that it will not fit...needless to say i will be speaking to the supplier tomorrow and returning the filter :saw: So everyone, whats the best filter to get next - K&N or Pipercross?

#7 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 06:18 PM

Just spent the past few hours trying to fit the bloody thing with a mate that works on VX's and has fitted several induction kits.....
Getting the airbox out was easy enough after getting the rear wheel off as it was stuck solid to the hub :9mm:
So went to fit the powertec and all the brackets seemed the same as the K&N without the silicone extension to the intake pipe. So fitted the filter and brakets to the intake pipe etc and went to fit it on the car...did it fit - did it f**k
Both of us the spent the next hour or so trying to workout how we could get it to fitusing what i had been supplied and we both came to the same conclusion that the filter needed the silicone extension as fitted to the K&N
So we then farted around putting all the original bits back on. rant
I am now a very very unhappy customer after waiting 3 weeks for it to arrive and then finding that it will not fit...needless to say i will be speaking to the supplier tomorrow and returning the filter :saw:

So everyone, whats the best filter to get next - K&N or Pipercross?

So everyone, whats the best filter to get next - K&N or Pipercross?

Well happy with my Viper.... :D

#8 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 16 February 2004 - 12:09 PM

Well happy with my Viper....  :D

likewise jase, sounds the mutts.....and feels a whole lot more 'free-er' :D :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users