Piper Exhaust

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DAZ

DAZ

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 02:29 PM

GARRY FROM PIPER NEEDS 5 OF US TO GET SOME MONEY OFF .STAINLESS STEEL SYSTEM GIVES AROUND 6-8 BHP AND HAS A 2.25 INCH BORE THROUGHOUT.ITS LARGE VOLUME BACK BOX MEANS ITS QUIET ON A CRUISE,BUT NICE AND LOUD WHEN YOU FLOOR IT.THE SYSTEM COSTS £380INK VAT (DONT NO WHOT WE WILL GET OFF THAT BUT ITS NOT MEGERBUCS ENAY WAY.) AND COMES WITH A LIFTIME GUARANTEE. SO COME ON R U UP 4 IT? PM ME IF YOU LIKE OR CALL 07816510016 cheers :D

#2 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 02:58 PM

Interested yes - but like most others here I'd prefer to hear it before comitting to anything. I'd ideally like to know how it compares to Vauxhall/Regal/Milltek as I've heard all of those quite a bit and they're all quite different. Any idea if anyone's got one yet? Or have Piper got a demo car?

#3 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:05 PM

somebody here gave their car over for the piper development didnt they? :jump:

#4 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:15 PM

I'm after one...still not sure wether to go with Vauxhall/Miltek/Regal/Janspeed/Piper...suppose it's just about price/performance/noise really.

Piper seemes to fit the bill if it is...

QUIET ON A CRUISE,BUT NICE AND LOUD WHEN YOU FLOOR IT

...and the price seems quite good (but £500 fitted doesn't seem too bad for the Vauxhall Sport)

Humm...decisions, decisions :unsure:

#5 DAZ

DAZ

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 04:57 PM

I HAVE BEEN QUOTED ABOUT £125 2hrs LABER BAY VAUXHALL FOR FITING I THINK IT WAS ONE OF THE STVEVES ON THIS SIT THAT HAS ONE I WILL PM HIM AND GET BACK OT U ASAP M8 :D :D

#6 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:28 PM

Daz, do you see that key on the far left hand side of your keyboard just above the Shift key and below the Tab key ? Yes, it says Caps Lock... excellent... Now, do you think perhaps you could press it to turn it off because ALL YOUR SHOUTING DOES MY FCUKING HEAD IN. Thanks ever so much ;) James

#7 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:31 PM

A few spelling lessons might not go a miss too ;) :P

#8 stevemgvx

stevemgvx

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:34 PM

I made a recording of the exhaust with the digital camera - not brilliant but gives an idea - can't see how to upload it now - has the members gallery gone or am I just stupid - don't answer that :)

#9 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:51 PM

I've asked Piper to donate an exhaust as a prize for someone in a competition in return for sorting a group buy....as yet they haven't come back to me. (A freebie for a prize seems fair as they don't want to sponsor a banner here :( )

#10 clipping_point

clipping_point

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 07:00 PM

I made a recording of the exhaust with the digital camera - not brilliant but gives an idea - can't see how to upload it now - has the members gallery gone or am I just stupid - don't answer that :)

Above the "add reply" button you see a field with a button to thre right. Press the button and locate the file on your computer cheers

#11 barrybethel

barrybethel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 07:20 PM

I guess the Piper doesn't do away with the pre-cat and replace the standard cat with a race cat. Is that right? I would think getting rid of the standard cats is where the biggest BHP increases come from Also, is the Piper quiet enough for track days?

#12 pablo

pablo

• Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:cars, snowboarding and breakdancing

Posted 16 February 2004 - 07:25 PM

ive got a piper being put on on thursday morning..will let you know

#13 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:45 PM

Daz, do you see that key on the far left hand side of your keyboard just above the Shift key and below the Tab key ? Yes, it says Caps Lock... excellent... Now, do you think perhaps you could press it to turn it off because ALL YOUR SHOUTING DOES MY FCUKING HEAD IN.

Thanks ever so much ;)

James

:o :lol: :beat: :lol:

#14 TonyIles

TonyIles

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:57 PM

I got a piper on mine, its quieter than the vauxhall s.e, especicaially at 75+, its pops and bangs, personally I found the sound more mellow than the vauxhall s.e, the boot will keep cooler, there is no heatshield on the u bend, the car seems to have a bit more oooomph, friends and colleagues have said it is quieter than the vaux s.e, but u still know the car is coming U use the standard hangers, and its fairly easy to fit, just make sure the tips are straight, and its s.steel P.S anybody wanna buy a vaux s.e? - in pristine condition

#15 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:00 AM

P.S anybody wanna buy a vaux s.e? - in pristine condition

££?? (roughly)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users