• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 vortex

vortex

• PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:BIKES, CARS AND KARTING.

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:29 AM

Went to Santa Pod yesterday (RWYB day). Lot harder than it looks, could not get off the line without loads of wheel spin Best time 15.064 infact last to runs were identical.

#2 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 23 February 2004 - 06:27 PM

how many runs did you get?? How long were you there??

#3 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 07:42 PM

I did 14.4 in my vx :P

#4 Robski

Robski

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:33 PM

Vortex Also, how much was it? Do you think it was worth the cost? How about a mini write-up? Might encourage a few more of us to turn up if you think it's worth it! :D cheers

#5 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:39 PM

Need to put this up, and will probably get shot down...........But why?? Why would you want to do a straight line run in your VX?? This car is all about going round corners twice the speed of the car infront. Might just be me, but this does not appeal to me in the slightest. Ian :flame: Ok I've flamed myself.

#6 Robski

Robski

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:50 PM

Ian You have a completely valid point, however, I've never experienced the 'Santa Pod thing'. I know that the VX is really a track machine and there is no better place to enjoy driving! At the same time I'd like to give something like santa pod a try just to see what it's like - on the proviso that it's not a complete bore with a total of 90 seconds of adrenalin thrown in!!! It would also be a good place to quantify the effectiveness of the mods being carried out to the car, because as we all know we're no allowed to 'race' etc... on trackdays!!!! ;) Rob PS trackdays rule ok! :D

#7 Gedi

Gedi

404 Not Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:55 PM

I'll be going to Ultimate Street Car this year.....it'd be great if we could set up the VX owners club, I've never seen a VX show there before. Its an amazing weekend with cars from Nova SR's to scoobs to Ferraris going up the strip. They also have a top fuel dragster and a rocket propelled car. Fairground, pubs, food, nightlife all onsite. Anyway, i'll be posting about this closer to the time

#8 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:01 PM

OK Robski, here is a date to put in your diary, have put it on the club calendar........6TH June. It is VXL performance day at Santa Pod. A few of us went last year, twas ok. You can register in the morning and run your car, i think it was three times. You get put up against other cars like corsas/novas/astras. Shouldn't take the pi**, some of these guys spend a lot of money on those cars. To be honest, some of them did rip down the strip aswell. I was going to wait till nearer the time and suggest we go again this year, I suppose the time could be now. Ian

#9 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:20 PM

Rubber 1. Would be up for a VX Santa pod meet 2. On your first post, are up saying you don't enjoy whipping other cars of the lights, at least at Santa Pod it legal to do 0-100. I know its a boy racer thing to do, but god its a fun thing to do.....especially to bikes!!! Gavin

#10 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:30 PM

What I'm trying to say is that you can whip their arses better on a track, i.e around bends. Any fool can drive in a straight line. Each to their own, I can understand the excitement you get from it, it's just not for me. Ian What I should also add is that NOS is hidden, so when you're alongside a clapped out nova, and you're sitting there with a grin on your face.............BEWARE. It will beat you, and then comes the ribbing :D Ian

Edited by rubber, 23 February 2004 - 11:32 PM.

#11 vortex

vortex

• PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:BIKES, CARS AND KARTING.

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:32 AM

Ian

I know that the VX is really a track machine and there is no better place to enjoy driving!
At the same time I'd like to give something like santa pod a try just to see what it's like

Just wanted to see what it could do really.
total cost was £25
I got 4 runs but we hung around for 3 hours because it rained and I left about 3pm, so if I'd have stayed till 5, I'd proberbly got 2 more runs.
The cost was ok, but if it rains all day you don't get a refund. So choose your day carefully.
I would go again in the summer when theres a bit more grip, I think mid to low 14s is poss.

#12 earlystock

earlystock

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 12:53 PM

Rubber

1. Would be up for a VX Santa pod meet

2. On your first post, are up saying you don't enjoy whipping other cars of the lights, at least at Santa Pod it legal to do 0-100.

I know its a boy racer thing to do, but god its a fun thing to do.....especially to bikes!!!

Gavin

I definitely would not try the straight line thing against a bike...my lowly Ducati sports tourer can do 0-100 in about 7.5 seconds, a bit quicker than even the quickets VXT!

#13 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:14 PM

... my lowly Ducati sports tourer can do 0-100 in about 7.5 seconds, a bit quicker than even the quickets VXT!

Too right! My best 0-100 so far is just under 11 seconds.

But I bet I'll get low 10s in the summer. B)

#14 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:46 PM

Did I not mention the bike was a C90 Steppy, sorry Gavin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users