Oulton Park Tuesday 18th November

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

Just thought I would mention it

I am off to Oulton Park tomorrow with a few other track day regular friends and the weather forecast is dry so fun fun fun

Thread from the RTOC forum (which I am a member of :D)

Oulton Park trackday, run by the guys at Trackaction-Online ( http://www.trackaction-online.co.uk ), on Tuesday 18th November. Normal list price for the day is £150, but they've kindly offered us a club rate price of £120.

For that price, that's use of the full circuit, open pitlane (and hence no 20 minute sessions ), and free instruction/tuition.

I don't think, as a club, we've been to Oulton before, so here's a perfect opportunity to tick that off the list of UK tracks to drive on.

Info about Oulton track here: http://www.motorspor....uk/oulton-park and if you check their trackday prices, we really are getting a good deal for that £120 price.

Discount code is RTOC1 if you are goin to use it please let me know so I can update the RTOC side of things. The discount will not show until you are at teh payment section ;)

Be nice to see another vx there

Any problems give us a call on 07866534386

Regards
Duncan

#2 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:30 PM

:D:D only I could get a full 720degree spin on the sighting laps LOL Was giving one of my friends a bit of banter in the briefing about getting some lessons - PMSL Road tyres on the vx just dont really work (even when the track dried out) but had my scare at druids after almost catching my tank slap moment it snapped and tried dont lift tech, lift off tech and finnaly brake on the grass - none really worked - just NO grip :D:D Quite a few span there to the point that it was announced that if anyone else span they had to sit out for and hour and get tuition when going back out lol when I came in after the sighting lap they said you may want to take it easy ;) Finally dried out and changed to my track wheel / tyre setup and it was a different car, spent the rest of the daying getting 6-10mpg only coming in to rest brakes which got worse towards the end of the day also out braked myself twice in the day . 1144's are just not upto hard track work! Then when fitting road tyres on at the end the rear pad was half way through the metal, no rear pad left cant hear it crying over the exhaust All in all top day other than my brown pants moment Few nice cars there, and some fast ones which kept it challenging, also found the marshalls ran the even VERY well!! Best I have seen for blue flagging :):) Well that's the last track day for me this year and plenty to play with for next season

#3 ollster

ollster

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:55 PM

Sounds like a good day, a freind of mine was there in his silver mk1 golf rally car, not sure if you saw it... he was probably driving like a lunatic :rolleyes:

:D:D only I could get a full 720degree spin on the sighting laps LOL

Was giving one of my friends a bit of banter in the briefing about getting some lessons - PMSL

Road tyres on the vx just dont really work (even when the track dried out) but had my scare at druids after almost catching my tank slap moment it snapped and tried dont lift tech, lift off tech and finnaly brake on the grass - none really worked - just NO grip :D:D Quite a few span there to the point that it was announced that if anyone else span they had to sit out for and hour and get tuition when going back out lol when I came in after the sighting lap they said you may want to take it easy ;)

Finally dried out and changed to my track wheel / tyre setup and it was a different car, spent the rest of the daying getting 6-10mpg only coming in to rest brakes which got worse towards the end of the day also out braked myself twice in the day . 1144's are just not upto hard track work!

Then when fitting road tyres on at the end the rear pad was half way through the metal, no rear pad left cant hear it crying over the exhaust

All in all top day other than my brown pants moment

Few nice cars there, and some fast ones which kept it challenging, also found the marshalls ran the even VERY well!! Best I have seen for blue flagging :):)

Well that's the last track day for me this year and plenty to play with for next season

#4 darronwall

darronwall

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts
  • Interests:the older i get the more my genitals look like jeremy clarkson

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

they are doing a day 12 dec if anyone interested

#5 Hotballs

Hotballs

• 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

I came down for a couple of hours myself and saw you flying round there Duncan. A friend of mine was in the Trophy he seemed to really enjoy the day. The weather got better as the day wore on and it looked fairly quiet out there. Did you here that Subaru? it made a very distinct sound!

#6 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

they are doing a day 12 dec if anyone interested

I've been looking at that too, I should be there thumbsup

#7 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

I came down for a couple of hours myself and saw you flying round there Duncan. A friend of mine was in the Trophy he seemed to really enjoy the day. The weather got better as the day wore on and it looked fairly quiet out there. Did you here that Subaru? it made a very distinct sound!

Sould have popped over and said hello - would have taken out out for a few laps ;)

That scooby was the WORSE I can still hear it now lol - biggest kettle in the world! Towards the end the track was great but not many left going round :(

#8 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

Seen the mk1 also ;) used his pump :D:D:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users