Photo

Heater Solution?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:06 AM

What about fitting a larger heater matrix from another vehicle?

lol - you had a look in there, right?

#22 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:08 AM

If you could plumb directly in to the radiator you could save the weight of the tubes and fluid to the heater matrix.

This one puzzles me. I can't understand why they haven't taken the heater tapping directly off the radiator. This would save a pair of pipes running down the chassis and there is more chance of the water being warm when it went into the heater.

Is there any reason why the heater can't be taken directly from the radiator and delete the engine to heater pipes? I can't think of one.

#23 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:11 AM

i'm prolly being really thick here.... but arent these pipes what is connecting the radiator to the engine?

#24 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:12 AM

No there are two sets. One par for the rad and one pair for the heater. Edited to say: Thicko

Edited by JimH, 25 February 2004 - 11:12 AM.

#25 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:14 AM

just looked at the diagram - 2 sets of pipes. i'm a thicko. eidt to say. that does look silly then. unless it has to do with gary's theory about the thermostat?

Edited by skiddo, 25 February 2004 - 11:15 AM.

#26 Lambo

Lambo

• PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:Mountain biking<br>Drinking<br>Reading<br>Scuba Diving<br>Cars and motorsport

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:21 PM

Depends on what temperature the thermostat is set at. Most are around 92C with winter thermostats set at 85C (or is that the other way around) My car runs right around 91C so it may be that connecting in to the radiator will result in an even colder car..... bugger. Suppose you could relocate the thermostat.... Oh wait, I think that was mentioned earlier as a fix by Eliseparts.. A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users