Tommess' Lemans Green Opel Speedster

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Tommess

Tommess

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

I think it's time to introduce myself! (first of all sorry for my rusty english...)

Since 2005 I've kept an eye for the Speedster as it is called in Germany. Great car, supercar performance and last but not least: affordable!

In 2006 I managed to get some money from my bank...

And that's what I got for the money:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Somehow the LeMans green and the silver wheels looked a little pale to me. Something had to change :rolleyes:

Before I had the car I already had purchased the ATS DTC wheels from a group-buy, they had to be coloured differently...
So they were powdercoated in gold...

If that decision was right?

Well, I think so!

Posted Image

Mounted, it already looked very fine, but somehow it looked like a Cross-Country-Speedster... :rolleyes:

So the next group-buy was used to lower the car! Doublesixx coilovers (main/helper springs) 3-way adjustable (High/Low-speed).

Posted Image

Finally the car looked like I had imagined it before. :sneaky: :dribble:

Posted Image

The whole appearance was slightly bothered by the silver windshield-frame...

Posted Image Posted Image

And that's the final result since last summer with hardtop.
It somehow looks much better with hardtop imho... :rolleyes:

Posted Image Posted Image

What else have I changed?

Power was changed a little bit since purchasing the speedy..

Here some technical mods:

HKS airfilter
Carbon-intake
Moto-Concept-exhaust
Klasen-remapping
Sintermetall-coupling
VX-Performance oilcooler
short belt
PO intercooler incl. selfmade airvent
doublesixx coilovers Version III
ATS DTC with Hankook RS-2 (215/40 und 235/40)

I think that's it for the moment.. :D

With friendly greetings from Germany ;)

Thomas

#2 aron916

aron916

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

Looks very nice! Not normally a fan of the green, but with the hard top and window surround it looks B) Plus i love the ATS wheels, really sets the car off! chinky chinky

#3 Pink Princess

Pink Princess

Please talk slowly...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Email nmclements@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

I hate green cars with a passion... BUT WOW! I love it. The gold actually suits it :) Some other nice subtle mods done too :)

#4 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

#5 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Rock Climbing

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

Looks great mate, the gold on green really works well. You speedster owners seem to love 17"s on the front but us VX owners are always trying to remove them. I get confuised :lol:

#6 jonkelly

jonkelly

• PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

that is one NICE green!! and i thought mine look good in green... suddenly really wanting Le Mans Green!!! and that hard top looks incredible!!! but im not feeling the wheels...

#7 Tommess

Tommess

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

Thanks! chinky chinky Green wasn't my first choice either... I really wanted to have that beige interior with black! My girlfriend then said: "Why don't you get the green one and paint it black later on?" I said: "Yeah, you're right, why not?!" And now I wouldn't want another colour... B) I also really love the bronze coloured wheels like Racing Hart, Work wheels, Enkei and so on, but what a pity they don't produce them with the pct 5x110... @jameshs: We Speedster-owners love big wheels and big brake-kits!! :D It'll maybe better to have 16" race-wise on the front, but personally I like those 17"rims on the front much better. It's not all about performance, it also has to look good... :P

#8 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Rock Climbing

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

Thanks! chinky chinky

Green wasn't my first choice either...

I really wanted to have that beige interior with black! My girlfriend then said: "Why don't you get the green one and paint it black later on?" I said: "Yeah, you're right, why not?!" And now I wouldn't want another colour... B)

I also really love the bronze coloured wheels like Racing Hart, Work wheels, Enkei and so on, but what a pity they don't produce them with the pct 5x110...

@jameshs:

We Speedster-owners love big wheels and big brake-kits!! :D
It'll maybe better to have 16" race-wise on the front, but personally I like those 17"rims on the front much better. It's not all about performance, it also has to look good... :P

Good call, it does look great with the ATS's. All the speedsters that i saw whilst in Germany all had them

#9 Tommess

Tommess

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

Yes, that's true!

That's why we call it the "Volksfelge" by now, because everyone has them... :lol:

By the way: Here you can find a video of my speedster in action:

CLICK HERE

For all the people who always wanted to know how a Larini exhaust sounds in real life... :rolleyes:

#10 Stefan_A

Stefan_A

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Photography, british sports cars, diecast models, GT racing, whiskey, project management

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

Nice car you got there Tommess, Le Mans Green certainly looks great on these cars. Doesn't really get why most people on the forum seems to hate green. Haven't gone all the way myself to respray the wheels, but seriously tempted.

#11 Tommess

Tommess

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

Thanks mate! Stefan, if I was you, I'd get those stripes in gold and powdercoat the rims in gold. That'll look very nice I guess. I know it's not genuine, but it'll definetly look great imho! B)

#12 j0n

j0n

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:vx220
    Juggling

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

Never been a fan of green but WOW thats well nice thumbsup

#13 Lps

Lps

Team 600+

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

Doublesixx coilovers (main/helper springs) 3-way adjustable (High/Low-speed).

Posted Image

Car looks lovely mate! thumbsup

those shocks look pretty trick too, do you have any more info? Cost etc?

#14 Tommess

Tommess

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

I'm not sure if these shocks are still in production! It's a little german manufacturer called doublesixx. They build those shocks mainly on demand. These shocks are fully adjustable in height. Rebound damping is adjustable and compression damping is seperated in high and low speed damping. Spring rates are fairly high. I think it was something about 120N/cm at the front and 140N/cm at the rear. Price was..., well let's say a LOT. But worth the money... One thing that has to be said. The brackets on the front have to be widened a little, because the damper diameter is a little bit high. That was an annoying point for lots of the german group-buyers. But still I a very refined system which was tuned by Hans Bauer, who nearly belongs to the inventory of the Hockenheimring. He's a driving instructor and works for nearly 30 years there. Btw he was Deutscher Slalommeister in the 80's. Another german producer is Wilbers www.wilbers.de

#15 forgotmepassword

forgotmepassword

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

lovely looking car Imnotworthy BRG and Gold ia a classic combo

#16 Stefan_A

Stefan_A

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Interests:Photography, british sports cars, diecast models, GT racing, whiskey, project management

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:42 AM

lovely looking car Imnotworthy
BRG and Gold ia a classic combo

To be picky, it's not BRG but Le Mans Green which is a two-coat pearlescent (vs BRG being a solid colour) :closedeyes:

Posted Image
Le Mans Green vs British Racing Green

#17 StealthVXT

StealthVXT

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:26 AM

Does anyone know if you can get those gorgeous :wub: alloys in England?? i dont currently own a VX220 but when i move back to England the first thing i am going to do is buy myself a tubby and i want some of those alloys on it...

#18 Tommess

Tommess

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

@StealthVXT:

If you or anybody else is interested in ATS DTCs or Rial GTRs, at the moment there is a group-buy going on in the german forum:

speedsterforum.de *

This group-buy was initialized by a good friend aka Speedsta. The shop that'll sell the rims is Dempert-Automotive.

If there is a real interest, I could forward it to them. There is only the question of shipping costs to U.K.

At the moment a set of ATS DTC costs 875€ + shipping (7,5x17" offset +20 / 9x17" offset +30)

At the moment a set of Rial GTR costs 999€ + shipping (8x17" offset +20 / 9x17" offset +30)

A direct link to the thread is here:

Group buy ATS DTC and Rial GTR *

*you have to register first in order to read and write I suppose...

#19 craggers

craggers

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

Gold alloys and british racing green! that is looking great! thumbs up!!!! :)

#20 Tommess

Tommess

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

@craggers: I'm sorry for correcting you, but as the title says it's Le Mans green, not british racing green, although it might look very similar on photos. In reality there's quite a difference! Btw I still have a Quaife LSD lying around, waiting to get mounted. What are your experineces with limited-slip-differentials and especially with Quaife? Anybody who can give a little report?!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users