• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

Making up a new loom for my Striker and have the ECU plug already wired in. Now i would like to cover the loom completely from the plug outwards, but not sure what stuff to use. The plug is about 50mm by 20mm so whatever i use will need to cover that, and the rest of the loom. Heat shrink tubing i suppose would be the best , so what do i use, and where do i get it ?

#2 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

You'll probably need to use self-amalgamating tape in place of heatshrink at the ECU plug/loom due to the size of it and then maybe use some cloth loom tape for the OEM look on the rest of the loom.

#3 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

I used the proper OEM fabric tape from www.vehicleproducts.co.uk It's called Rayon Cloth Tape

#4 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:13 PM

Excellent thumbsup Just want to make sure its all watertight and neat. I basically lost two trackdays because the chap that built the car ran part of the loom too close to a moving part, chaffed cables are not a result. Pity it took so long to find the bloody problem. Still, hopefully be up and running again within three weeks, looking forward to driving it again, and hopefully with some reliability this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users