Nurburgring Lap Times?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 bazzio

bazzio

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

I know some people think its not a good idea to time your laps @ the ring but i do and was wondering what times you chaps have done?? my pb is 8.59 btg and ill be putting it on youtube in the next week or so.. chinky chinky

#2 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:56 AM

9:47 with a 17st passenger on my third lap ever. I think DW1 is doing 8:20's

#3 bazzio

bazzio

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:45 AM

9:47 with a 17st passenger on my third lap ever.

I think DW1 is doing 8:20's

thats not bad for your 3rd lap, it takes a good 10-15 laps before you know where it goes.. thumbsup

#4 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

Done my share of laps at the ring over the year and hope to bring that upto 150laps this year (on 105 :D) only done 2 laps in the vx last year as before all laps were in my R5 GTT with Audi TT engine and that was 8min 31secs, strange but true the 2 laps in the vx were 10mins something and 8mins 31secs lol - had a real bad head though (steak on the stone and way tooo many beers :D) Would like to crack the 8min mark and the car is more than upto the job - just not sure me or my nuts are :D - Sabine was suppose to take my 5 out previously but never got round to it, maybe she will set a fast lap in the vx for me :) 8:20 is a good time! Too much traffic most of the time and so little space to get it wrong, I hit 150mph twice on my 2nd lap! I get worried, seem soooo many accidents there DG

#5 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:17 AM

thats not bad for your 3rd lap, it takes a good 10-15 laps before you know where it goes.. thumbsup

I had help from Grand Turismo :)

#6 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

my mate got 8:54 in his S2000 and said the track was full of traffic and with a clear track he recons 8:40 is possible.. i would of thought the vx would be quicker.

#7 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

It's all about familiarity with the circuit and if you are prepared to drive like a nutter. I think a stage 2 VXT with suspension, stickies etc in the right hands could crack the 8 min mark.

#8 dw1

dw1

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:26 PM

Done my share of laps at the ring over the year and hope to bring that upto 150laps this year (on 105 :D) only done 2 laps in the vx last year as before all laps were in my R5 GTT with Audi TT engine and that was 8min 31secs, strange but true the 2 laps in the vx were 10mins something and 8mins 31secs lol - had a real bad head though (steak on the stone and way tooo many beers :D)

Would like to crack the 8min mark and the car is more than upto the job - just not sure me or my nuts are :D - Sabine was suppose to take my 5 out previously but never got round to it, maybe she will set a fast lap in the vx for me :)

8:20 is a good time! Too much traffic most of the time and so little space to get it wrong, I hit 150mph twice on my 2nd lap! I get worried, seem soooo many accidents there

DG

I’m not that quick! I’m on a safe 8.40 pace at the moment and that feels rapid to me.

I doubt I’d get below 8 minutes mainly due to lack of talent followed by lack of balls then bhp. Driven by an expert I’m sure my 227bhp tubby could happily break the 8 minuter.

Did you do the 150 at Flugplatz and Foxhole?
I’ve managed 141 true datalogged gps mph at both those points and they feel really quick, not sure I could go much faster there. An extra 10mph is a massive amount especially as you head into the next bend, I think my sphincter would be popping a valve.

IMO timing is ok as long as it doesn’t affect your driving, i.e. not trying to go quicker or make up time if you’ve been delayed – I personally think that’s hard not to do if you have a timer in your face. It’s a risky cocktail, especially when you hit traffic. I kept my PerformanceBox out of sight and only looked at it after the weekend so had no idea of my times – you know though when you’ve put in a fast one because it feels so fluid.

#9 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

Mine was speedo reading but comparing to gps it has never been more than 2mph out. As you can imagine I was not staring at the speedo long :P so could be a 148mph in true life or I push a second or 2 after looking but hey either way as you know anything abouve 120 round those sections is bloody fast!!! I try not ot do the timing thing anymore for the reasons you have stated, usually a passenger recording on the sly :P Rather have a clean lap and enjoy - 8 or 10mins don't really care :D Find getting there early in the morning for a bit and then watching the afternoon is a better way to play it now

#10 bazzio

bazzio

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

Done my share of laps at the ring over the year and hope to bring that upto 150laps this year (on 105 :D) only done 2 laps in the vx last year as before all laps were in my R5 GTT with Audi TT engine and that was 8min 31secs, strange but true the 2 laps in the vx were 10mins something and 8mins 31secs lol - had a real bad head though (steak on the stone and way tooo many beers :D)

Would like to crack the 8min mark and the car is more than upto the job - just not sure me or my nuts are :D - Sabine was suppose to take my 5 out previously but never got round to it, maybe she will set a fast lap in the vx for me :)

8:20 is a good time! Too much traffic most of the time and so little space to get it wrong, I hit 150mph twice on my 2nd lap! I get worried, seem soooo many accidents there

DG

im on 42 laps at the min, would love some more power as the standard na feels slow up that long bank.
saying that i was really pleased to get under 9 mins on eagle f1's chinky chinky

#11 rsg

rsg

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

Are these full lap times or bridge to bridge (a la Top Gear)??????

#12 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

That is my timings ;)

#13 rsg

rsg

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

I've passenged in an 8.20 for a full lap (set point to set point) in a proto AM V8 Vantage driven by my old boss Chris Porritt who competes in the 24hr races there. One of the best experiences of my life Imnotworthy

#14 bazzio

bazzio

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:34 PM

Are these full lap times or bridge to bridge (a la Top Gear)??????

yeah, bridge to gantry(its the bridge with the r8 advert on it) chinky chinky

Edited by bazzio, 17 June 2009 - 12:34 PM.

#15 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

You can't drive a full lap on tourist days, just BTG.

#16 pj_sibley

pj_sibley

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:23 AM

I passengered with StuR in his VXR on a couple of 8m12 BTG laps back in 2007. Simply epic and sooooo fast!!! My Stage 2 NA laps in roughly 8m50 - 9m10 (never timed it with a stopwatch or anything) without a passenger, although I reckon a sub-8m40 is easily possible on a clear track in the hands of someone really good :) Will be there 27-30th June if anyone else is going? Will either be in my Audi S4 or the VX....

Edited by pj_sibley, 19 June 2009 - 06:24 AM.

#17 dw1

dw1

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

I've passenged in an 8.20 for a full lap (set point to set point) in a proto AM V8 Vantage driven by my old boss Chris Porritt who competes in the 24hr races there. One of the best experiences of my life Imnotworthy

That makes me feel proud of my 8.40 as being respectable when you consider it the power difference in the Vantage :)

I passengered with StuR in his VXR on a couple of 8m12 BTG laps back in 2007. Simply epic and sooooo fast!!! My Stage 2 NA laps in roughly 8m50 - 9m10 (never timed it with a stopwatch or anything) without a passenger, although I reckon a sub-8m40 is easily possible on a clear track in the hands of someone really good :)

Will be there 27-30th June if anyone else is going? Will either be in my Audi S4 or the VX....

StuR is a properly quick driver, I've been at a track day when he was there and he spanked past me effortlessly, very impressed.

I think once you get to mid 8s then it really does feel seriously fast at the Ring through some of the sections. Epic is a fantastic word to describe it.

#18 krämbulle

krämbulle

• Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:57 PM

I am strangely fascinated by the Nürburgring and although I have never been there I still find lap times quite interesting. Does anyone know what the best lap time an VX have performed there? Have it been run by 'Sport Auto' for example? //Johan

#19 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

I'm sure Danger7 was saying that one of the German Speedys holds the record, well under 8 mins. Not sure of the spec tho.

#20 RobNA

RobNA

RobSC :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

That makes me feel proud of my 8.40 as being respectable when you consider it the power difference in the Vantage :)

Thats a full lap though, not BTG :)

(not dismissing 8.40 BTG though, its a seriously good pace thumbsup)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users