• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 NOEXCESSBAGGAGE

NOEXCESSBAGGAGE

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:18 PM

This >CLICK< seems to keep some information about recalls, but alas, not everything.

#22 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:30 AM

Note that for my NA the following re-calls have been added recently: Rear Alloy Road Wheel (replacement of both!!!) :D Vacuum Hose (brakes) :blink: I just called the helpline (before I take my car in to be sprayed) to double check all recalls have been done. She listed the two above. The rear alloys are prone to cracking / breaking and have been added as a replacement recall - remember Thorney posting a query about this some time back! The vacuum hose has also been added, I remeber reading peoples concerns over this too! Would advise all owners to give them a call (0118 945 8500) especially if you have an NA :)

Edited by mandarinvx, 26 July 2006 - 10:43 AM.

#23 mcbunny

mcbunny

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

Note that for my NA the following re-calls have been added recently:

Rear Alloy Road Wheel (replacement of both!!!) :D
Vacuum Hose (brakes) :blink:

I just called the helpline (before I take my car in to be sprayed) to double check all recalls have been done.

She listed the two above. The rear alloys are prone to cracking / breaking and have been added as a replacement recall - remember Thorney posting a query about this some time back!

The vacuum hose has also been added, I remeber reading peoples concerns over this too!

Would advise all owners to give them a call (0118 945 8500) especially if you have an NA :)

just rang them and yep me too alloys and servo hose !! fantastic :D will need to contact dealer now

#24 MajorGav

MajorGav

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:13 AM

She listed the two above. The rear alloys are prone to cracking / breaking and have been added as a replacement recall - remember Thorney posting a query about this some time back!

:blink: :o :blink:

#25 mcbunny

mcbunny

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:18 AM

thinking about it if we get new rear alloys will they just reuse the old rubber or can we wangle new rubber too :blink:

#26 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:41 AM

I'm going to start a new thread fo this to avoid cluttering the sticky thread and make sure people read it!

#27 N17VES

N17VES

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:02 PM

I've just quizzed my local dealer on this....Its seems 2 more recalls were added to the list early this month 1) Vacuum hose pipe 2) rear wheels Obviously booked mine in for the new wheels :D

#28 convict

convict

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:37 PM

I've just quizzed my local dealer on this....Its seems 2 more recalls were added to the list early this month

1) Vacuum hose pipe

2) rear wheels

Obviously booked mine in for the new wheels :D

As by now will every man and his dog!!!

I think either vauxhall will be making a new batch or we're all going to end up with turbo rears( :o ), but either way, I think its likely to be a while before everyone has their rears changed!

#29 SAPD

SAPD

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:26 PM

Just checked and I'm due the vacuum hose and rear wheels too. Will be calling Bristol Street Newcastle tomorrow but please can someone post of they get any info on what happens with replacing the wheels??

#30 adtmits

adtmits

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:46 PM

Note that for my NA the following re-calls have been added recently:

Rear Alloy Road Wheel (replacement of both!!!) :D
Vacuum Hose (brakes) :blink:

I just called the helpline (before I take my car in to be sprayed) to double check all recalls have been done.

The vacuum hose has also been added, I remeber reading peoples concerns over this too!

Would advise all owners to give them a call (0118 945 8500) especially if you have an NA :)

just rang them and yep me too alloys and servo hose !! fantastic :D will need to contact dealer now

wahoo.... me too... think my servo hose is on its way as well.... means i just need one refurbed wheel... not two!!!

#31 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:51 PM

wahoo.... me too... think my servo hose is on its way as well.... means i just need one refurbed wheel... not two!!!

You'll get 2 new rears AND the fronts refurbed at Vauxhall's cost...
they don't make the LY wheels anymore...

I've got a call open with customer service to see what they will do.

But, I would hold off refurbing your LY wheels as the best option is that that they powder coat all four (2new rears and the 2 fronts) to get a proper colour match all round.

I'll keep you informed...

#32 adtmits

adtmits

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:56 PM

You'll get 2 new rears AND the fronts refurbed at Vauxhall's cost...
they don't make the LY wheels anymore...

I've got a call open with customer service to see what they will do.

But, I would hold off refurbing your LY wheels as the best option is that that they powder coat all four (2new rears and the 2 fronts) to get a proper colour match all round.

I'll keep you informed...

superb... cheers for that.

#33 adtmits

adtmits

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:47 AM

My local dealer wont allow me to be booked in until i recieve my letter..... back of the queue for me as far as the wheels are concerned.

#34 Dazzer

Dazzer

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:46 PM

Hi

Looks like Baylis in Cheltenham will do my wheels and (urgent) brake hose recall in near future. These were the only recalls I mentioned to them when I booked it in. Until this evening I didn't even know there had been recalls for:
  • ABS
  • Timing Chain
  • Caliper Bolts
  • Air Bag

However, they want over £800 for the timing chain to be done due to the lubrication fault described on this forum. Surely, if if the car has FVSH then it should all have been done as a matter of course shouldn't it?

If it has not been then, despite being 5 years old, Vauxhall should still honour the recall notices, yes?

#35 luna_s

luna_s

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:36 PM

timing chain wasnt outstanding on mine, and ive not investigated far enough to check the nozzle, but vauxhall are very vague with the engines affected - some are outside of that engine range apparently

#36 framauro

framauro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:17 PM

For convenience, I have just put together THIS link so that you can just click it to see VX220 recalls as listed on the VOSA website, saves typing in the dates and vehicle information each time.

I have also added a VOSA VX recalls linky in my signature too.

thumbsup

#37 nickxcpro

nickxcpro

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

quote] If you want to know about recalls on your car call: 0118 945 8500. [/quote] i've just tried to phone this number to check on any further recalls and cant get through. does anyone have an upto date number etc cheers

#38 dapimp

dapimp

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Bar sports, especially pool. Obviously my VX....and my lovely gf.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

i've just tried to phone this number to check on any further recalls and cant get through. does anyone have an upto date number etc cheers [/quote] I went through their website to get to Vauxhall customer services (vauxhall.customerassistance@uk.gm.com - the email that replied). They confirmed that the Vacuum house was replaced in 2006 for my car and that there were no outstanding recalls. :)

#39 m4t7y

m4t7y

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

i've just tried to phone this number to check on any further recalls and cant get through. does anyone have an upto date number etc
cheers

PM 'The Insider' he can prob get all info you need regarding your car and any other help you may need. Hope this helps chinky chinky

#40 The Insider

The Insider

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:56 PM

Who me? Safety recalls are as follows- and are to be covered fully for the lifetime of the car Track control arm tube Drivers airbag and front brake calipers Rear alloy wheel Customer satisfaction programs are Abs control unit Fuel breather pipe Vacuum hose Service updates are Drivers seat adjustment timing chain

Edited by The Insider, 26 September 2008 - 03:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users