• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Stuart_J

Stuart_J

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:56 PM

Hello.

The Skoda board are organising a trackday, 24th April, at Bruntingthorpe. This is mainly aimed at beginners, although others are more than welcome. Looks like a good day and a positive bargain at £90. So far it is mainly Skodas (you know those slow things that get in your way ) but there are already a few Scoobs, a very silly Supra that wants to try to crack 200 down the straight, some SEATs, couple of 200SX and some slowish track cars. So, what's included in the price and what is the format?

Free helmet hire
Free instruction
Wet handling circuit, against the clock and with instructors if needed
Sessions in the morning, split beginners/inters/advanced
Open pit PM
Burger van

Booking Process:

**WHEN asked about skills, eg virgin, noivce, inter or advanced. Do not worry about the 30 quid excess, this does not apply, tick intermediate for now, we'll sort it on the day **

1. Use link > https://www.easytrack.co.uk/Briskoda
2. Register or Logon > https://www.easytrac...mbers/logon.asp
* Please use forum handle or easy to identify name (also don't use same pswd) *
3. Add Car details > https://www.easytrac....asp?update=add
4. Book Event > https://www.easytrac...=0&has_booked=N

*Note: The cost of the day is 90GBP. Other payments are not required so do not check them during the booking process. If any mistakes are made we'll attempt to rectify them.*

Do not check instruction or hire helmets etc, I have no idea about the insurance they offer...don't check any options other than car/driver etc...

Couple of points, just to clarify my waffle:

1. There will be 25 helmets available on the day free of charge. These will be on a first come first served basis.

2. 3 instructors will be available on the day free of charge .

3. The cost is £90 per driver (speak to me first if you want another in the same car).

4. Please note this is a none profit making event for Briskoda and passengers are free on the day but I don't think a £5 donation to Briskoda would go amiss.

5. Do not book in as a novice, this will be sorted on the day.

6. The day is shown on the Easytrack home page but you cannot book through it, it's just there for our info. You need to use the link.

7. No one will be allowed back on the track if they are driving like a BMW driver, there are no refunds if you are not allowed on the track so make sure you car is road legal and you have a helmet. This is all out of our control and completely at Easytracks discretion, you have been warned.

8. There will be a small souvenir for all those who attend.

Oh and why not register on the Skoda board? www.briskoda.net

#2 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:58 PM

slipped you into the trackday forum stuart. won't get buried as quickly here either.

#3 wickywire

wickywire

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Interests:Cars, computers, Rugby, the usual

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:07 PM

how bad do bruntingthorpe eat tyres as i'm planning on going to Angelsey again in may and my fronts are getting towards the limit They will be fine for this but if i do brunters before then i'm not so sure.

#4 GerryM

GerryM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • Interests:VX<br><br>Snooker

Posted 31 March 2004 - 07:46 PM

Skoda ??, you takin the p*ss?

#5 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:08 PM

gerry, that's not very nice. you want the ball gag back in full time?

#6 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:12 PM

Unfortunately this is the same day as Minime's RR day at G-Force Paul

#7 GerryM

GerryM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:27 PM

gerry, that's not very nice. you want the ball gag back in full time?

What?

Me no undershtand

#8 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:42 PM

stop being nasty to other car enthusiasts or i'll change your name to VictorM. you have been warned, mofo.

#9 wickywire

wickywire

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:47 PM

i thought skoda :blink: at first bun then remembered the rs versions they do. I thought it was against the old skoda favorit. Should be good as there will be modded rs's there to play with. And if it gets cold i can always warm up my hands on the heated rear windscreens :D

#10 Louise

Louise

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:17 PM

Had a look at the attendees and there's alot of vRS Octavias and the little vRS Fabia going, they all look pretty stripped down, so should be fun :D

#11 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:44 PM

Hmmm, 30 notes on a rolling road day :sleepy: or 90 on some propper fun rallly ??? Anyone?? Bruntingthorpe is alot easier on tyres than Elvington - i'm never going there again!!!

#12 wickywire

wickywire

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:46 PM

that was my worry as elvington stripped my tyres bare. I think i will go just need to check and see if i can get the time off work.

#13 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:53 PM

Brunters is still not a baby smooth track though!! :P

#14 Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Guest_skiddo (Guest)

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:58 PM

they've done some stuff over winter so david walton was telling me. dunno specifics other than they have a new twisty circuit and a new skid pan. i think thorney said they have made the main circuit more interesting too - so it sounds like much might have changed... would be good if anyone goes over the next few weeks, they could shoot or report some eyewitness changes.

Edited by skiddo, 31 March 2004 - 09:59 PM.

#15 wickywire

wickywire

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:04 PM

someone posted a pic of a new tight twisty track at brunters. I'll have a look and try and find it

#16 GerryM

GerryM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:02 AM

stop being nasty to other car enthusiasts or i'll change your name to VictorM. you have been warned, mofo.

I love Skodas

#17 Stuart_J

Stuart_J

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:08 AM

Ask Thorney about the Skoda on the Cannonball, I think we did Skoda proud & actually finished having killed a scoob STI the year before (blown head gasket) Seriously there are some very quick Skodas going, remember the Octavia is basically a Golf/Audi A3 underneath so anything people have been doing to those is now being done to the Octavias & some are rumoured to be well over 300 bhp. Also some of the Fabia Diesels are being mapped to close to 200 bhp. The White Supra which finished second on the Cannonball is also going that was about 650 bhp on the Cannonball but has since had a few tweaks + Nitrous added. Should be a monster in a straight line but suggest you give it plenty of room on the twisties, it will probably do a few 360's if he tries too hard. Would love to see some of you guys, we want it to be a fun day for enthusiasts as well as a day for trackday virgins & to be honest a few more different makes will make it interesting for all. Stuart

#18 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:29 AM

Hmmm, 30 notes on a rolling road day :sleepy: or 90 on some propper fun rallly ???

Anyone??

Yeah know what you are saying but i don't like going back on my word once i've given a commitment and teh RR day will be interesting to see the comparisons of the cars in their various stages of mods on the same RR on the same day. i.e. minimal variations in temperature and RR tolerences etc

Paul

#19 wickywire

wickywire

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:43 PM

I think i'll go just need to make sure i'm not working that weekend.

#20 Stuart_J

Stuart_J

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:56 AM

Great, the first VX220 has just confirmed hes going, not sure if its anyone off this forum. He has posted as rossm & drives a Vauxhall,VX220 Turbo in black. Would be great to see a couple more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users