• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 drpau

drpau

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

If she's not been completely upfront about the cars history you might question buying it at all.

Yep, add that to the lie about the weather (worse than the Michael Fish back in 89!!!) and shes getting the thumbs down from me.
Naa, you may as well still have a look, just go with your eyes wide open, if it were me I would photogrpah the rebuild - if shes done that it would inspire a bit of confidence. Just dont rush in....

#22 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Naa, you may as well still have a look, just go with your eyes wide open, if it were me I would photogrpah the rebuild - if shes done that it would inspire a bit of confidence. Just dont rush in....

She bought it already repaired by the looks of it, you can only ask if she got any pictures off the previous owner.

#23 nikkinak

nikkinak

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

The car was written off november 2005 according the HPI report.

#24 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

The car was written off november 2005 according the HPI report.

lol so she's said it's HPI clear hoping that you wouldn't think to check it yourself?!? :beat:

#25 nikkinak

nikkinak

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

its registered cat C soon ill pass i think :)

#26 drpau

drpau

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

Poor form. Jog on....

#27 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

its registered cat C soon ill pass i think :)

TBH there's a lot of CAT C/D repaired vx's on the road, because the cost of the parts is so high that very often insurance companies will deem them uneconomical to repair. They'll then be bought as project cars and some get repaired to a very high standard. I wouldn't be put off buying a repaired car, I drive one now. It's the lying that worries me.

Edited by AliM, 12 August 2010 - 12:23 PM.

#28 nikkinak

nikkinak

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

i wont mind a CAT D with it being mainly body work its just the fact it was down to the structure of the car. Anyways what do you guys think of the LPG converted VX220? its done 71K miles up at £6750.

#29 Harry0075

Harry0075

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Cars (Classic + Sportscars), Running, Cycling, and Discovery Turbo!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

to be honest, I get good miles out of my standard 2.2 NA (30+ mpg) and see no reason for needing to convert it. Plus I think i've seen a pic of this car somewhere on the forum. The whole boot was taken up by the LPG cannister/tank... :P even though a vx is not supposed to be used for lugging around stuff, its nice to have space to put something! :) its worth looking around, for close to that money you can buy a non-LPG one. (I did, and it was off the forum). Did a Eurotrip in it a few weeks, didn't skip a beat. thumbsup look around you'll find one.

#30 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

I think the LPG's all kinds of wrong lol,

how about these??:

03 Silver NA 42.5k miles, Cat D in 2006, Has a hard top which is worth about £500

or

2001 Calypso NA The front fog has been removed which might imply front end damage at some point or they couldn't be arsed fitting a new one when the old one broke.

Wivvys 02 Rab red NA

Edited by AliM, 12 August 2010 - 12:47 PM.

#31 nikkinak

nikkinak

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

Guys thanks again for all the feedback. I have a smart roadster with no boot space this doesnt bother me. ONly thing is the mileage my roadster has 27k on it just seems a little extreme to get something so high. As for the 2 cars just posted thanks for taking the time in looking. My heart was set on either black or blue but i know these 2 are the most desired and they will charge that bit more, a black one has just been posted in the classifieds and on piston heads at £7250. but dont have leather. you guys think im being too picky with this for the money i wanting to pay? be honest.

#32 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

If you have a limited budget it does force your hand in what you can buy/bargaining power. No chance of saving some more?

#33 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

As for the 2 cars just posted thanks for taking the time in looking. My heart was set on either black or blue but i know these 2 are the most desired and they will charge that bit more,

a black one has just been posted in the classifieds and on piston heads at £7250. but dont have leather.

you guys think im being too picky with this for the money i wanting to pay? be honest.

Honestly, I think you can be as picky as you like if you are willing to wait around for the right car, and more stuff will come up that suits your budget. But personally, i'd rather take a well looked after one in a colour that maybe wasn't my first choice than a bit of a shitter because it's black/blue.

I really wanted a blue one too, but then i found my Calypso and i'm so glad I didn't get blue now!

VX's are great in all colours :)

Edited by AliM, 12 August 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#34 nikkinak

nikkinak

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

There is but im a little impatient lol!! :lol: going to look at this one tomrrow. http://www.autotrade...age/1?logcode=p

#35 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

There is but im a little impatient lol!!

In which case yes, you're being too picky!

#36 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

The last owner of X707 HLH was user '7of7' who was a newbie in Sept 09, he's had the car 12 months if that thumbsup

#37 nikkinak

nikkinak

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

i know but when you have an idea in your head you just want to stick to it. i think i will have to look further a field :(. So we would say the x707 is a pretty decent car?

#38 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

i know but when you have an idea in your head you just want to stick to it. i think i will have to look further a field :(.

So we would say the x707 is a pretty decent car?

looks ok, it's X reg so one of the first made in 2000. If it's been well looked after then that's not a problem.

Broaden your search, the right car is worth travelling for. Dont dismiss the 3 I linked you to thumbsup

Edited by AliM, 12 August 2010 - 01:39 PM.

#39 nikkinak

nikkinak

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

AliM thanks for the heads up today dude you a star. once i get car ill get you a drink at one of the meets :) chinky chinky Just left a message for the guy on the silver one. i wouldnt want the hard top would it be easy enough to sell?

#40 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

AliM thanks for the heads up today dude you a star. once i get car ill get you a drink at one of the meets :)

chinky chinky

Just left a message for the guy on the silver one. i wouldnt want the hard top would it be easy enough to sell?

Someone will bite your hand off for the hardtop!

Good luck with your search, I hope you find what you're after :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users