• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Would definitely be good, you would also expect it to be being the 'vauxhallpartswarehouse '. Spoke to AutoVaux (about 3min drive from home) saying it would be £81 from them. So if it is a genuine Vaux part then it would be the best part of £30 saved. thumbsup Cheers for the heads up ouchie, gonna be popping through to see Johnnyboy shortly so will seen if it triggers again. 3 out of 3 runs with the same OBD code surely means that it is an actual fault and not a symptom of a different issue.

Edited by Mangham54, 17 August 2010 - 05:29 PM.

#22 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

Well Hooray for Boobies!

Missus made an off the cuff remark last night.... "Is there no way you can check the sensor, it could be a loose cable or something". Well having pulled the rear undertray off and started checking the cable I felt one of the cables had a flat spot.... So spoke with my bro who brought his continuity tester and we set forth and stripped back a bit of the sheathing over the flat spot... There were a few threads of copper intact, but the rest had long since sheared.

So we removed tiny amount of sheathing off at either side of the broken wire and put the continuity tester on.... Nothing. Moved one of the sensors to the nearest end of the break - beeeep- great. Move to other side beeeep - great. So we snipped out the broken section and crimped the two ends back together and electrical taped it all up.

Well I managed a straight 20mins of driving with no EML.......fcuk yeah! 2hr tinkering and a 5p crimp and we are back in action! So my advice to anyone that gets this same fault.... feel each of the four wires for an inconsistency, strip it back (after undoing it from the harness - you'll see a four pin snap connector pretty much straight under the coolant expansion tank [Z22SE / NA]) and check for a break in the cable, crimp it back together and then makes sure it is covered to keep the moisture out and hopefully you should have a fix for less than a fiver!

I'll say it again: Hooray for Boobies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users