Photo

Trackdays Planned In Scotland?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Goin' Ape

Goin' Ape

• 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:13 PM

HI My first post, so ignore any cock-ups...... Does anyone know about upcoming Scottish trackdays or have prior experience of tracking in Scotland? I'm assuming that the only realistic venue is Knockhill, but does anyone know of alternatives or is there any feedback from anyone who's been on Knockhill itself before? Anyone tried the advertised "hot hatch" events.....? I've not tracked my VX before (I did the Palmersport day - but this is MY only car and I'm scared poof ) but would dearly like too..... Cheers

#2 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:18 AM

Welcome! I've done loads of track evenings at Knockhill. Hot Marques only though, I'd avoid the Hot Hatch events. The Hot Marques evenings area restricted to 40 cars and you get open pit lane format, so loads of track time of you like. They'bve been getting a bit of bad press at the moment though, since the over take anywhere sensible, on either left or right side 'rule' has been confusing some newcomers... but it's a big enough track to keep clear of any trouble. The SIDC (Imprezza club) and Dreadnought (TVR club) also arrange regulat track days, and most Elise/VX seem to be welcome. the driving standards are a little better on these events too. Andy Walsh, 1st Lotus does driver training days at Crail airfield, which are a good way to start learning the basics from an expert. I'll post up any details of track events in the Track Day forum when I hear of them. Hope to see you at one soon. Gary

#3 Goin' Ape

Goin' Ape

• 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:44 AM

Gary Thanks for the hints. I'd already heard that avoiding the Hot Hatch day might be a good idea, but the Hot Marques sounds pretty reasonable. I'll look into Crail - I'd not given it a thought before but that might be a really good idea as a starter at least. Ta! Cheers Ian

#4 caleebra

caleebra

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 12:43 PM

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the forum :D

May I draw your attention to the following clicky - If you're based in Scotland your suggestions and attendance would be most welcome thumbsup

Best,
Lee (Aberdeen)

edit: link didn't work at first... :rolleyes:

Edited by caleebra, 12 May 2004 - 12:47 PM.

#5 Goin' Ape

Goin' Ape

• 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:51 PM

Thanks Lee

I've had a look at the link - looks like I'll be away for ALL the proposed dates though, apart maybe from the 10/11th July!

Hope to see you around anyway

Ian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users