40 replies to this topic

#21 chrisgold

chrisgold

pembrokeshireremapping.co.uk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:pembrokeshireremapping.co.uk

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

If it's still for sale on October 15th ( When my work share option matures ) I'll buy it - under 10k :o - I'll take the pain from the wife at that kind of money ;)

Why not give him a big deposit, then he has a guaranteed sale? :rolleyes:

#22 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

With hindsight and now knowing what these cars are all about I would happily buy a Cat# if I could see some history on here and a caring owner, would probably get a bargain and the longer you keep it the better value it would be. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I too would probably been scared to buy a car like this years ago.

#23 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

BUMP :P Taking ARB off tonight or tomorrow night and seats will be in the car until sold and swapped at the last min if they are def not wanted. May even clean her lol :D DG

#24 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

Selling the ARB Duncan? (or has it been sold separately?)

#25 old codger

old codger

• PipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Clay pigeon shooting, motor racing, cars and bikes.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

Car looks good, with plenty of mods, but no doubt cat c will put a lot of people off. Good Luck anyway.

#26 BAZ8465

BAZ8465

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:Driving cars, Watching other people driving cars, cleaning cars, looking at nice cars, NOT fixing cars

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

If it's still for sale on October 15th ( When my work share option matures ) I'll buy it - under 10k :o - I'll take the pain from the wife at that kind of money ;)

Why not give him a big deposit, then he has a guaranteed sale? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your comment - You obviously know more than I do about my personal finances and current disposable income levels :dry:

Edited by BAZ8465, 13 September 2010 - 11:28 AM.

#27 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

Can also add the Certificate of Conformity (C.o.C) if required for European sale ;) DG

#28 jameso

jameso

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Someone buy this please! it is a very good price. I would like those seats for a Fab £5 ;)

#29 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:11 PM

how is this not gone yet? duncan where do you live ;)

#30 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

I am near Coventry :D Car is prov sold and looks like it it moving to sunny climates (south France) :) to a very nice new owner due to be collected oct 1st :) cant wait to see the French plate (something cool about it :D) Seats going with the car but so tempted with a special FAB £5 note :P Had quite a few interested but the person who is flying over was 1st to confirm he was having it Missing the car already :( :( :( :( :( and no Zac the full engine rebuild of your car or vag conversion is going to help :D lol DG

#31 rsg

rsg

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

Thank god someone has bought this car!!!

Now we can get on with watching Duncan's new project!!!! [babies can't be that expensive! ;) ]

#32 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

At bloody last...congrats and comisserations Duncan chinky chinky Any other parts left over to sell (or give to me FOC?) ;)

#33 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

Thanks Rob :) since movinghave not filtered the bits I have knocking around but tbh most are service type parts or int engine parts. Short of a few clutchs, rads and fuel tank. Rich now we know there is no talk about my future projects on her :D when it happens the vx world will of course know what it is :D just need to se how that cheap baby option pans out 1st :D and then decide on how mad I go for the next project there are a few options knocking about :D (once I have sourced some more money as well :S) DG

#34 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

Thanks Rob :) since movinghave not filtered the bits I have knocking around but tbh most are service type parts or int engine parts. Short of a few clutchs, rads and fuel tank.

Rich now we know there is no talk about my future projects on her :D when it happens the vx world will of course know what it is :D just need to se how that cheap baby option pans out 1st :D and then decide on how mad I go for the next project there are a few options knocking about :D (once I have sourced some more money as well :S)

DG

nice 5 door Saab with B234 engine perfect for loony bhp with a holset , followed by mid engine transplant , just tune it up on the saab beforehand.

#35 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

Thanks Steve - could work I guess :P But easier and cheaper options for big power out there ;) if going for another vx with diff engine option

#36 Harry0075

Harry0075

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Cars (Classic + Sportscars), Running, Cycling, and Discovery Turbo!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

Just spoke to DG, and the VX is on way down to the south of France to its new home, in typical horrible English weather! :) I wonder if it'll get spotted en-route out of the UK this afternoon. only on VX left in the car park now Dunc :mellow:

#37 coople

coople

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:F1, Diving and cycling.

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

That would be mine that is left in Duncan's drive way :mellow:

#38 Papy11

Papy11

• Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Track days, Plancha, wine

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

Hey Guys, Just a quick one to let you know that I have now landed home, even had time to give myself and the car a wash. My Right ankle and foot are still not responding to my directives, must be the 985 mile journey! Learnt a lot about the car, like, don't try to look good getting in and out of it when people are watching! Duncan gave me fantastic support through the drive. thanks again. Well, I am a proud new owner, and now :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

#39 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

985? Is that all?!! rallly Nice work though, you'll love the car :) (sounds like you've almost spent more time in it than other's have all year!!) ;)

#40 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:34 AM

Steve Harry was refering to our work underground car park :) but yes your car is now the only black vx in the household :( and has one of those oe slow steering racks :D:P - quick racks are the daddy!! Car looked REALLY good turning off onto the M42 but really could not have gone to a nicer person! David is a true petrol head and know the car will get used and enjoyed, he even brought me some wine from his collection (6 in fact!) and the one I had last night was one of the best reds I have had for a while. Loved the fact he was planning on almost 1000 miles with no directions, tunnel booking but a back pack with sleeping bag, change of clothes :D true adventure stuff.....love it! And weather was about as bad as it could be for a vx let alone in a new car you have never driven & wrong side of road :o and not sure how long he slept but he was there in about 24hrs :P Once Steve's car is gone I think it will hit home with no car in the garage - good job zac is making me do some more indepth work on his to keep me going DG Cant wait to see the car with French number plate.....will look very cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users