Vx220 Turbo Cat D For Sale

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 MJay

MJay

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

I cannot post in the for sale section for some reason. I have a Cat D recorded Vx220 in grey. I bought it to repair 9 months ago but just havnt had the time..... I know it will just sit here for eternity now so I may has well just sell it on to someone who will repair it. It is all stripped back from its front impact and requires:- Crashbox Front Clam Windscreen It does have some very very light chassis damage to the upper font arm carrier but I have been told by a couple of enthusiasts in the US that it isn't worth worrying about and as long as it goes back into Geo spec it will be fine. I have bought brand new arms and bits for the damaged side from Vaux (£700) and that comes in the sale. All other bits are included and in a box (ie radiator, etc etc. £5500. Located in Bristol if anyone want to come view.

#2 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

Do you have any pics to put up for guys to look at? Mileage/year/Reg No.? Good luck with the sale chinky chinky

#3 MJay

MJay

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

Here are a number of photos.

Mileage is 49,000 - Year 2003 - When I got it I drove it around the block and it was all ok to drive.

Includes : Headlights, Foglights, Radiator, Rad Surround, Bonnet and all bolts for mentioned items.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by MJay, 18 October 2010 - 11:37 AM.

#4 MJay

MJay

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

Got all excited today and fitted all the new front suspension. :)

#5 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, Rc planes, RC Quad flyers, trucks, motorbikes, quad bikes, fast cars, car Audio, Security, computers, business, FPV flying and most of all my girlfriend Lisa

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

My advise to you bud would be repair it yourself, im doing one at the moment, its an easy job, bit fiddly if you have to repair the heater box. i had a bugger of a job waiting for a headlight and decided to buy one new, crash box is available from eBay, i got mine from the lotus centre and am very happy with it, just glue straight on, and the rad surround and front clam from MVS racing, (Village Fox) on eBay too, this time of year you can expect to find all the bits you need on the net easily, ive been driving mine up and down the cul de sac too, mines being painted in a weeks time, god i cant wait. you would be suprised what you can get done on a Sunday... You will regret selling it! I just re read and you dont even need a radiator or surround, you lucky bugger, go on FIX IT, hardest bit was removing the crash box.

Edited by moneyhunster, 19 October 2010 - 05:37 PM.

#6 MJay

MJay

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

Yeah ok then Ill think about keeping it. Dont suppose you have a spare Rad hose do you?

My advise to you bud would be repair it yourself, im doing one at the moment, its an easy job, bit fiddly if you have to repair the heater box. i had a bugger of a job waiting for a headlight and decided to buy one new, crash box is available from eBay, i got mine from the lotus centre and am very happy with it, just glue straight on, and the rad surround and front clam from MVS racing, (Village Fox) on eBay too, this time of year you can expect to find all the bits you need on the net easily, ive been driving mine up and down the cul de sac too, mines being painted in a weeks time, god i cant wait.

you would be suprised what you can get done on a Sunday...

You will regret selling it!

I just re read and you dont even need a radiator or surround, you lucky bugger, go on FIX IT, hardest bit was removing the crash box.

#7 MJay

MJay

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

Oh yeah and how do you get the last oft eh crash box off?

#8 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, Rc planes, RC Quad flyers, trucks, motorbikes, quad bikes, fast cars, car Audio, Security, computers, business, FPV flying and most of all my girlfriend Lisa

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

hi mate, Safty First *Wear a mask, you will see why* I cut the bulk of the crash box off with a angle grinder, i then cut the top lip off of the crash box which folds over the cross member bit at a 90 degree angle so i could get a paint scraper between the crash box and chassis, i then used the angle grinder to make a start in seperating the crash box from the chassis being carefull not to touch the alluminium, you cant cut very deep though, once i had a gap i used a stiff paint scraper from B&Q and sharpened it with the angle grinder on one side (that was important) Using the paint scraper i tapped it between the box and alluminium with the sharpened side close to the crash box and not the chassis, there are rivits on that bit of alluminium chassis so you dont want to chop them off. I ended up cutting vertical strips in the remaining bit of the crash box as it made it easier to remove it in sections. I removed the remaining glue by slicing the glue with the scraper at an angle. It took me a Sunday afternoon but the car looked so clean and tidy afterwards i was well pleased. just clean it up and order your crash box from uklotuscentre on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3a5f34d896 Car will look pretty good after its fitted see my project. You can bell me anytime, sent you my number. Shame you live so far away, i really enjoyed doing mine.

#9 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

It looks great from the rear! :lol:

#10 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

There is a user breaking his VX Turbo on the parts section, im sure he will have the pipe your after. Start a project with plenty of pictures in the project section, there are plenty of peeps on here willing to offer help and advice, i had bits offered that i didnt spot that i needed.

#11 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

It looks great from the rear! :lol:

Just like mine :)

#12 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

Just buy rad hoses from elise parts. thumbsup

#13 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

:yeahthat: elise hoses are the same thumbsup

#14 booboo

booboo

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

easiest way to get crash box of it with a blow torch and a old kitchen knife, Ive taken crash boxes off in the past and sold them on heat the knife and slowly push and saw it through the areas that's bonded

#15 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:13 PM

easiest way to get crash box of it with a blow torch and a old kitchen knife, Ive taken crash boxes off in the past and sold them on
heat the knife and slowly push and saw it through the areas that's bonded

I wish someone told me that!
Wouldnt this be a good topic to add to the How to section as so many get bumped.

#16 Pocoloco

Pocoloco

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

Hi, I'm interested in the car is you decide not to do the rebuild. Can we have a chat. Thanks.

#17 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

Oh the fun jobs :) For £3k I would take he off your hands and would even give you the gearbox and engine back foc to sell. You all know what engine / box would have to go in ;) DG

#18 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

Same here , worth around £3000 to me as a donor car for an engine conversion plus stripped track car build.

#19 moneyhunster

moneyhunster

Oooh whats this bit do??

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

way too cheap, he has both lights too! how u gettin on with it bud? mine will be painted by friday, will post pics up soon as.

#20 Pocoloco

Pocoloco

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Hey MJay, Still interested if you are selling!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users