#1 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:04 AM

We left it a bit late last year so its been suggested we start this now. Please use this thread ONLY to post your submissions for the calendar. (We still have some 2004 calendars for sale in the shop ;) ). Please keep the pictures and file sizes small to save on bandwidth, please make sure if they are professional shots that you have copyright for re-production and we'll move to a poll to chose the favourite 13. (1 is the cover shot).

#2 iandhd

iandhd

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:06 AM

:unsure:

Attached Files

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 04:03 PM.

#3 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:58 AM

March evening

Attached Files

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 04:05 PM.

#4 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:52 PM

My one

Attached Files

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 04:06 PM.

#5 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Interests:Just for the record, i'm not Welsh! - so no sheep jokes bahhh - interests - cycling, walking, photography, F1

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:29 PM

Nice shots guys thumbsup Can I suggest that a specification be set. Files that look good on a web page might not be good enough to repro. Also the aspect ratio needs to be agreed so that submissions are cropped correctly. No point in submitting portrait shots if the calendar is landscape for example. Thought I should mention this before people get carried away submtting shots that are voted for only to be rejected because the resoltion isn't high enough to print at decent enough quality. The other question is, do you want to repeat the format used last year? Personally, I think it's good to make it look different.

#6 Mick43

Mick43

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, Sport (tennis, squash, gym)

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:31 PM

hard to compete with above - esp Speedy K Imnotworthy Mick

Attached Files

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 04:08 PM.

#7 vee ex

vee ex

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:37 PM

I dont know - different though!!

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 04:10 PM.

#8 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:23 PM

1. aspect ratio needs to be agreed... ...repeat the format used last year?

2. resoltion isn't high enough to print at decent enough quality.

1. We'd better decide that soon!!! I'm easy – shall we have a vote on it or just let everyone post pics they think are good and then choose later on that basis? :unsure:

2. My pic on the March page of the 2003 calendar was 2.2Mb – pretty much a minimum I reckon... must set my camera to max resolution :beat: :D

Exjagman, you seem to know your stuff – would you have the capacity/infrafstructure to take the responsibility of sorting the hard details for us all? :)

Edit to say: I know you said ONLY post pics here, Thorney but I think we need to agree these details soon really.

Edited by speedyK, 17 May 2004 - 08:26 PM.

#9 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:25 PM

I think there are a few here that could be contenders

>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.vx220.org...&f=6&t=8309&hl=

I quite like the ones outside of the hotel

Evad ;)

#10 Duncan

Duncan

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:35 PM

Repost in the right thread...

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 04:11 PM.

#11 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:38 PM

I quite like the ones outside of the hotel

Had a bit of a play with this one from that thread – quite promising composition if the resolution of the orig. is enough for exjagman...

Attached Files

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 04:12 PM.

#12 oddiks

oddiks

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:45 PM

Repost in the right thread...

duncan that shows real promise for something new and different!

you find the right floor and the right building and you have something really special i think...

great work as it stands - upto you if you try and fine tune it!

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

#13 martinh

martinh

• PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:14 AM

don't you think that it is time we had a VX calendar and a VXT calendar as not to confuse people?

#14 Huntsman

Huntsman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Cars, Skiing, Squash, Motorbikes, Rabbits - all that kind of stuff.

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:39 AM

Guys, This thread is for pics only. We need to discuss them elsewhere. :)

#15 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:19 AM

Can I suggest that a specification be set. Files that look good on a web page might not be good enough to repro.

I think we need two resolutions:

1) a low res to post on this web site - poor s*ds like me can't get broadband in this bit of Milton Keynes (thanks BT!) and these pics takes ages to download;
2) a high res for reproduction so that successful offerings can be emailed or otherwise sent to the coordinator or printer.

chinky chinky

#16 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Interests:Just for the record, i'm not Welsh! - so no sheep jokes bahhh - interests - cycling, walking, photography, F1

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:13 AM

Exjagman, you seem to know your stuff – would you have the capacity/infrafstructure to take the responsibility of sorting the hard details for us all? :)

Edit to say: I know you said ONLY post pics here, Thorney but I think we need to agree these details soon really.

I would be happy for folks to email/send their large files to me to give them the thumbsup

I also run special noise reduction software for files that are a bit on the rough side, so I wouldn't excude any image if it can be improved.

If anyone is using good old fashioned film, I would be happy to drum scan your negs or slides FOC within reason

I am also prepared to make a web site to upload entries to, so that they can be viewed full screen one at a time to avoid clogging this site up and avoiding more bandwidth problems.

For security, the url would would only be available to members on request to avoid the images getting ripped off :flame: If future submissions are as good as these so far, I feel quite strongly that they should not end up being published elsewhere.

In addition, they should also be clearly watermarked like the example, but with a copyright symbol included.

We could have an image size limited 400 pixels on here and that would be enough to let people see the entries. That would also be better for guys like VIX that do not have broadband.

So to sum up, if everything is sent to me, i'll take care of QC, watermarking and returning a 400 pixel image to the member to submit.

Attached Files

#17 Duncan

Duncan

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:51 PM

Untill you get the website sorted... Bit WIP and only intended to be knocked back as a backdrop for some words or something graphic like that.

#18 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:39 PM

If everyone agrees, send your high res to me at andrew@actpix.com If you have high res tiff files, or files bigger than 5Mb compressed, then pm me and i'll send you ftp instructions. If you have several images, then pop them onto a disk and snail mail me. I also have another idea. How about the picture that has the highest votes, be made into a limited edition large print on special art paper (called Giclee prints) and supplied in a decent frame. This could go on sale in the shop with the profits going into a club fund. Just an idea, what do you think?

#19 madasahatter

madasahatter

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:30 PM

OK. As someone said, very difficult act to follow so far. Still, what do you think of this picture taken on probably the only nice evening in October 2003?

Attached Files

#20 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:21 PM

Before we start posting loads of pics we need to decide on the format!

Horizontal or vertical, and what approx ratio?

I took this one this evening – I live in the place that is catching the sun at the end of the lake just visible above my Speedster's roof. :)

Attached Files

Edited by exjagman, 23 June 2004 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users