Kwaker Green Stage 4 Project

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

Imnotworthy I laid eyes upon this green monster today Imnotworthy Fantastic looking car thumbsup Your little husky set it off perfectly, nice to meet you Adam, very strange about the soft tops not fitting! Anyone know if the Turbo soft tops are different to an NA's?

#102 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Anyone know if the Turbo soft tops are different to an NA's?

Exactly the same. thumbsup

#103 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:44 PM

the roofs are 100% the same so much be the fitting brackets they hook into, it was a few ml out to fit onto his n/a......

#104 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:44 AM

the roofs are 100% the same so much be the fitting brackets they hook into, it was a few ml out to fit onto his n/a......

the bracket that fits to the roll hoop is a little different , material and pattern

#105 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

the bracket that fits to the roll hoop is a little different , material and pattern

Answers that question then! Really would of thought they would be the same. Oh well sorry Adam, you'll have to wait for some else to swap with you.

#106 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

never mind eh :) it can stay for now, the days i use it the roof will be in the back for a just incase it rains kinda thing :)

#107 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

new discs and pads on all round today, made the car sooooo much better chinky chinky

#108 OneYet

OneYet

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

Any news??

#109 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

i saw it at the TA parked on its lonesome.. me n cliffe walked over to have a gander.. looks very nice i must admit and the blue interiour looks better irl than it does on pics. cracking job mate :)

#110 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

thanks chris! i did have a nose over the other vx's i found scatterd around the place! excuse the things like mirror seals missing and windows not lines up, im too happy driving the car i have left them for now :) today sorted a boost leak out which made a massive difference! currently having a tubular manifold made up which should be here in a few weeks or so, slowly purchasing parts so im ready to take it off the road when the summers over :grouphug:

#111 OneYet

OneYet

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

Any news from the Royal Mail Adam?

#112 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Any news from the Royal Mail Adam?

Would it be rude to ask how much a respray to kwaker green costs ? :rolleyes:

#113 OneYet

OneYet

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:53 AM

Hi Adam! YOU GOT ANOTHER PM!!!!!

#114 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

cost me a couple of k, i had to strip it down and rebuild it too. going for the 3" exhaust system to be made a week on thursday chinky chinky having a tubular manifold made up too then i will save for a lsd and gt30 turbo, then the other bits and bobs so its all ready to fit when winter comes around also other plans are to fit as much carbon as possible then next summer try for a mag feature :grouphug:

#115 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

Good to see you approaching the project with care and forethought :) Anticipating and buying all the parts in advance is a good idea IMO, as it working on it over winter.

#116 OneYet

OneYet

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

And you still have PM:s Adam.....

#117 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

oneyet i will reply to you tomorrow, one more in here from you though and i wont reply at all thumbsup nev, i have taken good thought and a good read of your blog, i will be needing advice when it comes to it i think to help me avoid problems, glad i have this engine though as it makes me want to keep this one chinky chinky hope to see your vx though one day in the near future :D

#118 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

hi guys, i havnt been on here much but in about another 2months im taking the vx off the road to make it better for next year chinky chinky here are a few of the plans for the car so far, going to start buying engine parts next week thumbsup new rod and shells for the forged engine tubular manifold and garrett turbo extensive headwork compomotive alloys with 888's i will aim for over 400bhp so any needed parts for this will be going on the car :) smoked indicators :gayfight: carbon seats, carbon interior sills and pockets, dash plates and a few other interior parts also debating a rollcage but unsure of this as of yet....... alloy rad xenon headlights freshen up all suspension arms etc with a trip to the powder coaters im sure there will be alot more being done to the car but for now thats abit of the winter months work thumbsup i will update with pics etc in a few weeks when i start to buy things. off to T in the park now so shall speak next week, chow for now :tumble:

#119 JamieVX220

JamieVX220

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Sounds excellent.. Did you secretly win the euro millions? Haha!

#120 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

haha i wish i did! tbh i think most my savings this year will be gone when i do the work i would like to do but only live one so im just going to do it :D hope i win that 166m though tomorrow night chinky chinky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users