• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#61 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:22 AM

what are you using to replace the boot heat shield, nimbus g2?

#62 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

i was just going to use the original one as that seems to be fine?.........

#63 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

yay charge cooler pipes are through the sill :groupjump: found some ideal cable to use and went through nice and easy, wont be doing any more today now i will carry on tomorow i think with a friend helping me to make sure i do nothing wrong with the charge cooler thumbsup after that i will do final checks over the car and then get on with building the shell back up, still looks like i will have the car done and finished off within a weeks time though :D cant wait to get it on the road now :D just hope the weather keeps dry as i dont plan on using it in crappy weather if i can help it i'll use the mrs car will try get a pic update soon, just being lazy with that at the mo :tumble:

#64 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

Looking forward to seeing some more photos :)

#65 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

will get more pics up tomorrow night as i have a problem now :( while we changed the clutch we were going to change the slave cylinder, however the monkey who changed it recently (its all just been rebuilt) had done the pipe up extremely tight, worried about rounding the nut or breaking somthing we left that one on, all in etc and its pissed fluid out from inside the gearbox so we assume the cylinder has burst? i will make a start tonight and tomorrow when dom is free after work we will get the box off and all back together tomorrow night chinky chinky for some good news we wired up the charge cooler, cooler rad is mounted up etc so the front end is now ready to be built back up. i'll go back in the garage around 5ish i think, get the shafts etc out and pretty much ready to take the box off tomorrow. all i can say is im gutted but its just got to be done so get on with it, still plan to have the mot this friday coming :grouphug:

#66 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

right then i got the shafts out and gearbox oil back out, to make me feel better i put the front clam back on and did headlights etc so it looks abit more like a car chinky chinky

#67 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

even the lotus boys are at it now

Posted Image

#68 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

even the lotus boys are at it now

Is it me, or do the S1 Exige look like like it should have a Matt Black, or Anthracite arse to offset the rest of the paintwork?

The whole recessed-ness of the rear panel just looks primed for an contrasting colour!

#69 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

Is it me, or do the S1 Exige look like like it should have a Matt Black, or Anthracite arse to offset the rest of the paintwork?

The whole recessed-ness of the rear panel just looks primed for an contrasting colour!

:yeahthat:

A nice black or a metallic grey would be nice. Altho the Lotus isn't Kwaker green is it?

#70 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

that looks cool chinky chinky box is off, only took about an hour and a half so not that be of a deal, the cylinder looks fine to me though but will change that and maybe the pipe too just to be safe, i think the clutch etc will need taking off and cleaning too though. will leave it now and wait for dom to finish work :grouphug:

#71 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

Crikey Adam, you've been working hard !

#72 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

been flat out again tonight too nev :( had the box in and out so many times and still its not right! :( getting a new cylinder again tmo and putting standard flywheel on too as we think the clutch and fly from ebay are not made right and making the cylinder travel too far? pain in the ass

#73 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

problem solved! all working fine now soooooo tomorrows tasks are: get box bolted back up properly mounts back on shafts in arms bolted back up final checks then the rear clam can go on, spoiler, rear lights etc pending how i am for time i will aim to get the interior together then its just the lids, inner arches and doors realy chinky chinky

#74 starlight

starlight

I used to have a Europa, and had a VX220T once...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Oily bits...

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

So was it the eBay clutch and flywheel then?

#75 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

it seems that way mate yes :( i have mailed them both and told them i want a refund for the items. doing ok today so far, got the gearbox bolted up and all the mounts on, shafts in, arms bolted up, charge cooler is all mounted and pipes in place, linkages on and all the other odds and sods, seems ready now for the rear clam to go on chinky chinky i will be carrying on after going to the gym so about half 4 ish thumbsup

#76 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

got on fairly well, spent another 3hours or so on it and got the rear clam, rear lights, loom through the clam, rear spats, spoiler, front lid, rollbar cover, turbo ears interior back in, rear catch and a few other bits and bobs dont to the car main things left to do now are: rear lid doors building up and fitting heatsheilds final checks and undertrays inner arches and wheels back on front splitters this lot seems easily doable tomorrow to me? if so and all goes well i will mot it friday and tax it so shes on the road ready for the weekend, hope the weather goes well chinky chinky forgot to take pics today sorry :( ad

#77 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

Bloody hell you are a quick worker, looking forward to the pics - great work. Imnotworthy Steve

#78 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Bloody hell you are a quick worker, looking forward to the pics - great work. Imnotworthy

Steve

:yeahthat:

#79 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

thanks lads, i will get pics up tomorrow i think as it will be all finished then, i have been taking pics as i go along too, just the doors and charge cooler tank and front splitters now, it will be finished tonight chinky chinky mot tomorrow :D

#80 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:21 PM

got on pretty well tonight, hinges are on, doors are all built up ready to go on in the morning, its back on its wheels, splitters are on front, charge cooler tank in place etc tomorrow to do before mot is: doors on rear lid on heatshields on i'll be in the garage for around 8am and i am aiming to do these by mid day, im on my own though so might find the doors hard work alone but im sure i can do the above within 4-5hours of solid work......... i will update tomorrow afternoon after mot if it all goes ahead chinky chinky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users