• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 Doctor Ed

Doctor Ed

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

Based simply on the massive differences in sensor input pin locations, I can't see how this would actually work. Unless, as I said, the unit is capable of taking a multitude of inputs over various pins and can sort itself out. I'm sceptical. Simply based on what objective stuff I can find, it all seems to scrambled too work properly, if at all.

#122 Doctor Ed

Doctor Ed

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image

#123 AlfaAversion

AlfaAversion

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

It looks split diagonal on the matiz but split front rear on the vx . Could lead to some odd braking fronts being braked through rear channel so it would have brake bias on the front . Not a mod for people to do I suspect without a lot of testing to make sure the wheel that is released is the one skidding or you could have a big off

#124 Arno

Arno

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

well, ill answer my own question Matiz pinout/wiring diagram here: http://www.autocats....M2_5_25.en.html  

That Matiz diagram does look a bit bizarre as far as the pinout numbering on the plug they specify where the top row of pins numbers left-to-right and the rest right-to-left.

Almost as if the illustrator has mixed the male unit connector with the female harness plug halfway.

Still... Doesn't help too much as it means that there's no 1:1 match between the pins/harnesses in any case... :wacko:

It does seem that only the 'big' pins (16-19) for the main power and ground are fixed pins in the controller design and the rest is likely (software) configurable/programmable for various I/O tasks. Eg. it looks like the VX ABS unit uses a different pin for the brake switch too..

Matiz part diagram does seem to be a little incomplete though as it doesn't show the data link connection pin to connect to the OBD plug in the car.

I guess one of the first tests of using such a controller (just the electronic bit on top of the hydraulic unit you can unlpug and swap, not the whole hydraulic unit) in a VX would be to see if the diagnostics work. I assume the Matiz uses a variant of a GM Tech-II or OPCom too to communicate with the ABS unit. That would quickly show if it's happy or not or if it's 'talking' at all..

Bye, Arno.

#125 miscia

miscia

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

That Matiz diagram does look a bit bizarre as far as the pinout numbering on the plug they specify where the top row of pins numbers left-to-right and the rest right-to-left.

Almost as if the illustrator has mixed the male unit connector with the female harness plug halfway.

Matiz part diagram does seem to be a little incomplete though as it doesn't show the data link connection pin to connect to the OBD plug in the car.

The diagram looks ok to me... pins are numbered right to left and top to bottom, in this way the male connector pinout will be left to right and top to bottom and you will have 1:1 pins coupling.

About OBD connection, there's a good possibility that the ABS ecu is communicating on CAN as happens in more recent cars! :)  

#126 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

Lets hope someone doesn't inadvertently invent IceMode 2 with this unit..! :lol: 

#127 Exige

Exige

• 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:57 AM

Good morning from Munich, Id like to pick up on the question of wheel diameters in conjunction with the Lotus ABS once more. On my supercharged Opel Speedster Ive been running the Lotus ABS with 225/45-17 on the rear and 205/50-16 at the front for several years now and Ive always been very happy with the general ABS behaviour, especially on track. BUT: measurements from my Performance Box show that I am unable to reach more than 9.5 m/s2 in deceleration. Tests from the German magazine sport auto show that Elises and Exiges with the same brake configuration achieve figures of around 12 m/s2. Now I am wondering whether the reason might be my bigger front wheels triggering an earlier than optimal ABS action. I am running Yoko AD08R tyres, so this cant be the reason either, given that Lotus chose them for the new Cup 260. So has anyone ever proved that the achievable deceleration is the same, regardless of wheel circumferences, as claimed at the beginning of this thread? Kind regards, Nikolaj

Edited by Exige, 22 October 2017 - 08:06 AM.

#128 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:36 AM

Interesting, another thing I think of is if you run a lot more camber?

Br, Per

#129 Exige

Exige

• 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

I dont think so, I run 50 minutes at the front (so just below 1degree) and 2 degree 10 minutes rear. Regards, Nikolaj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users