#81 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

He is now a bit afraid that this might be a bit overkill in a VX... :ninja:

Nah. :tt:

Would be nice if he would fit the 3.35 first, and do some iat testing, and then try the 3.15

#82 Speedy4Fun

Speedy4Fun

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Would be nice if he would fit the 3.35 first, and do some iat testing, and then try the 3.15

For that reason I already swapped to a bigger 3.15 pulley, but maybe even bigger needed to get the IAT temps down.
Exmantaa didn't have the Phenolic spacer fitted while on the dyno. they did a couple of pulls, so the heatsoke is not so strange.

My car will be finished this weekend :happy:
specs:
Z20NET engine converted to LSJ engine
LSJ ECU
Flowed head
balance delete.
Harrop SC.

Need to run in the engine first, so will take some time before I can really push it.

#83 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

My car will be finished this weekend :happy:

I could be pursuaded to pop over next week for some indonesian takeaway and a pax ride :poke:

#84 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Good results! What was the peak torque number? Makes me want to push ahead with my LSJ plans, given I've got a few of the essential parts, but fear my plans may have permanently stalled..

#85 ultimate

ultimate

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

WOW... ;-)

#86 ultimate

ultimate

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Do you have a dino protocoll where you can see the hp and torque over rpm?

#87 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Guys... You don't honestly think a 2.0 LSJ/B207 can put 335 or 308pk (to the wheels) without any extra power mods?? :sleepy:

What you see on those pulls is wheelslip pushing the dyno calculations off...
(I never said my engine has that much powah... :rolleyes: )

For the final run we took a seat on the rear clam to tacle the wheelspin at high rpm's:
http://youtu.be/J4QxAt1Yv-8

Result, 234.9pk measured at the wheels. (But with a well warmed-up car; my IAT was 56*C for the start of this last run! No phenolic spacer.)
With Smileys dyno run as comparison we can conclude that drivetrain loss here is about 16-17%, making for a ~281pk at the engine. (284 BHP?) which is not too shabby for the specs... :D
(Bog standaard 2.0 LSJ/Saab engine with "basic Stage2 SC" conversion, dual pass cooling and only a 3.05" pulley. Tullett 2,5"muffler, but still with the stock 2,2 OEM manifold.)

Screen plots from Smileys 2,2 Stage 2 against my 2.0 LSJ:Posted Image
The rpm scale is a bit off here. My limiter was at 7200rpm, Smiley's at 7050.
Also I need to work on my low end ignition timing, as the advance came in quite late and will gain some torque there, But this was also partially due to those high intake temps after 3 pulls...

Edited by Exmantaa, 13 February 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#88 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Thats still a very good result! So looks like my previous goal of the same specification as this, but with a ported head and Tullet manifold / 2.5" system would have yielded 300bhp..

#89 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Yes, very good result for what is in fact now a "GM stage 2" LSJ engine. (42lb injectors, 3.05"pulley and re-mapped) And now I have a curve for this standard engine, I can start tearing it apart for the Harrop & head. :happy:

Edited by Exmantaa, 13 February 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#90 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I can start tearing it apart for the Harrop & head. :happy:

Finally :tt:
Hopefully the blades are not rusted shut by now :P

#91 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Smiley How did the your graph compare to the OBD software internal power run calc?

#92 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

No idea. After the obd 1.0 debacle on hp claim going sour, i stopped trusting the obd horsies numbers and rely on dyno sessions only. Could be that it's ok by now, but i don't use it. Ultimate is using all features quite requently. Ask him.

Edited by smiley, 13 February 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#93 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

The internal OBD power run feature is nothing more than an acceleration measurement vs. time.
You can do the same if you have lots of road speed data + time of a WOT run. Only thing is you need to know the specs of your car to accurately calculate horsepower... (total weight, gear, mechanical drag, wind drag etc)

Try this: http://www.bradbarnh...ts/VirtualDyno/

I think you can use an OpCom to log the needed OBD data in a comma seperated file format.

#94 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

Any updates on this - engine and HP Tuners / LSJ set-up still running well..? :)

#95 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

Well, basically it's running flawless, so not much to upddate on that.

Fitted my ported head + ZZP stage 2 cams and bolted the Harrop charger on top, so I gues it's has around 320-340BHP now.

Did several trackdays with it this year and even with the 80mm pulley you run into the same cooling issues as other Harrops with IAT's in the 80-90°C. And exhaust noise is always an issue for tracks, so now mounted a cat back in to quieten it down... :glare:  

Power is close to enough, so the focus for the car is shifted now more to brakes (CL5+ but braking is still not what it should be) and handling (testing out some Quantum singles now). Car is still a bit nervous and loose/twitchy, so focuss this winter is on new suspension bushes. Still debating to fit OEM rubber ones or just go balls-out with sphericals. :happy:

#96 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:37 PM

Good to hear the old LSJ engine is holding up well.. thumbsup

#97 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Fitted my ported head + ZZP stage 2 cams and bolted the Harrop charger on top, so I gues it's has around 320-340BHP now.

Did several trackdays with it this year and even with the 80mm pulley you run into the same cooling issues as other Harrops with IAT's in the 80-90°C. And exhaust noise is always an issue for tracks, so now mounted a cat back in to quieten it down... :glare:  

Power is close to enough, so the focus for the car is shifted now more to brakes (CL5+ but braking is still not what it should be) and handling (testing out some Quantum singles now). Car is still a bit nervous and loose/twitchy, so focuss this winter is on new suspension bushes. Still debating to fit OEM rubber ones or just go balls-out with sphericals. :happy:

Good news :)

I don't know how much you have fiddled with your geo settings, but this might resolve your twitchyness before assuming that your bushes are knackered.

#98 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:45 PM

He can wiggle his wishbone so some fresh rubber will be a good start.

#99 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

Good news :)

I don't know how much you have fiddled with your geo settings, but this might resolve your twitchyness before assuming that your bushes are knackered.

Typed a detailed story that is now gone, but basically the geo is ok and the dampers (Hoffman NTR's or Quantum blacks) + 7/8" ARB are pretty good.

Just feels a bit "loose" and not really planted, whatever I change, so time for a bush upgrade.

(Anybody tried out a mix of OEM rubbers and spherical bushes??)

Edited by Exmantaa, 16 October 2014 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users