#61 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Gaz Golds AND SuperPro :rolleyes: :lol:

Some of the balljoints have a hex cutout in the centre of the shaft so you can use a 5mm Allen Key to hold them whilst you tighten.

Change the record Jimmy, Nitrons are not to everybody's budget or taste.

I didn't mention Nitrons :lol: I must stop winding Mike up like this :D

#62 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Niiiiiiiccceee! I think this will be my winter 2012 task :)

Rights its all just about finished as the only things left are 2 ball joints that are not tightening up and I don't know how to get round this problem

Cut the nylon locking part from the old nuts you took off the original ones and use these to do the initial tightening so the taper is seated. Now uno this and fit the new nyloc nut that came with the balljoint. Done..

You can also use a large clamp to force the upright onto the taper and get enough friction to stop the shaft rotating when you do up the nyloc.

Several Elise aftermarket suppliers now sell balljoints with allen key openings in the shaft so you can keep it fixed while doing up the nut, although that doesn't help you much now ;)

Bye, Arno.

Problem with this now is all my wheels are back on and the nut is only just on the balljoints not showing any thread at all. Im hoping that the weight on the car for a couple of days will stop the shaft from rotating.

Gaz Golds AND SuperPro :rolleyes: :lol:

Some of the balljoints have a hex cutout in the centre of the shaft so you can use a 5mm Allen Key to hold them whilst you tighten.

I dont think mine have but i will have a look thumbsup Its the ARB, GEO im getting thats going to make a big difference to the handling.

Cheers mate and we will have to do yours next :D

Hopefully i will be in my new house after xmas, so i plan on stripping it all down then.. :) you will be required to help! Lol

Sounds good mate and im happy to help :D

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Painted brake disks are the way forward, must do mine again (although moving to Bells so that could be more of a challenge)

I think i might get some 4 pots at some point but if not im going to get mine powdered coated the same orange i have got now.

Wishbones et all looks cracking Luke Posted Image

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Painted brake disks are the way forward, must do mine again (although moving to Bells so that could be more of a challenge)

It's cool - you can all kinds of colours of bells with DBA 5000 Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Edited by haggi961, 07 November 2011 - 07:55 PM.

#63 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Epicly clean and colourfull Haggi, I have to say I'm impressed with your job :) I fear one year soon, I may have to do the same, as my entire suspension setup is starting to feel a bit soggy at times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users