129 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

What with busy busy times I guess I've slacked on this one a little..... As always we've got the Le Mans weekend with LoT as an option but after speaking to Paul Golding last weekend he asked us to consider Zandvoort in August.... Weather should be good, it's close to Amsterdam and it's a change of scenery.... As for the circuit it's meant to be great fun (I have been told to discuss with Mr Partridge who's been out there and can advise). Other than this we can look into Spa dates (which I fear as they are expensive and weather's volatile) etc but I thought we should make a start looking at our options so we can get a list going :lol:....

#2 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:20 AM

I really want to do Spa this year but ill happily go anywhere we have VX's, beer and a decent track. I wont be in a position to book untill mid/late jan. Why is Paul trying to push this track instead of le mans?

#3 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

I'm up for a foray across the pond next year. But, as I'm going to be busy next year, I really need to pencil in some dates... ...Jimmy, please clarify. Are you saying Andy can advise on "must" visit places in Amsterdam or how good the circuit is?

#4 darronwall

darronwall

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts
  • Interests:the older i get the more my genitals look like jeremy clarkson

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:47 AM

SPACECAKES!!

#5 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

I really want to do Spa this year but ill happily go anywhere we have VX's, beer and a decent track. I wont be in a position to book untill mid/late jan. Why is Paul trying to push this track instead of le mans?

He's not trying to 'push' it, he's just giving us another option as he doesn't think we'll be interested in Le Mans for a third year running....

I'm up for a foray across the pond next year. But, as I'm going to be busy next year, I really need to pencil in some dates...

...Jimmy, please clarify. Are you saying Andy can advise on "must" visit places in Amsterdam or how good the circuit is?

I think Mr P has a broad and diverse range of experience when it comes to Amsterdam :lol:

We've started the ball rolling so keep your eyes on this thread and we'll see what comes out as the winner.

SPACECAKES!!

:lol: You'll be the one putting in 12 minute laps as you're too busy talking and enjoying the scenery :lol:

#6 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:32 AM

The drive to Amsterdam is very very easy too, we did it on a friday evening after work a couple of months ago thumbsup I wouldn't mind an alternative to Le Mans.

#7 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

Its not a famous circuit but Sutol recently told me about a great offer for Folembray direct from the circuit, which worked out very cheap for us all. Its also only just over the channel and is apparently a great little circuit. Worth pursuing?

Martin s

http://www.lotus-on-.../folembray.html

Edited by MartinS, 08 December 2011 - 08:55 AM.

#8 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

I can't say much about the 'Dam at all. Haven't been there 'in anger' for a few years. I'm told it takes about 30 minutes by public transport. Zandvoort itself is a beach resort, but in common with most Dutch towns would be considered 'quiet' by our standards. However, there are acres of golden sands coated with blonde girls who can't afford both parts of a bikini. Negatives, there is no 'main road' access to the circuit, and trailers can get stuck in the town if they take the wrong route. There is no budget accomodation, plenty of hotels but the NH, across the road from the circuit is normally £100 + per night. If you stay in Amsterdam itself, then car security is an issue. It is a party town, but IMO there is no way we could carry on as a group, even if we caught the same train within half an hour we would have split up, Darren to a cafe, Jimmy to the red light area and JG to the Anne Frank museum. Circuit is brilliant, long and sweeping with plenty of technical bits to allow the less powerful to keep up. It's not newbie friendly, less so than the Bugatti, very little run off in some areas and one early corner (forget the name), the turn point is just as your nose kisses the Armco. I had one of my most memorable TD experiences there, when Paul organised a double header with Spa, but the negatives above were countered by a deal with a newly built hotel out of town, where we had no incentive to leave the bar and go our separate ways. It's a great track, and for a TD, then I'd be happy to go to Zandvoort, but for a holiday (and with apologies to all Cloggies) France wins on availability of budget accomodation, quality of food, possibility of finding a bar open after 10 p.m. and having something else to entertain the other halves.

Edited by Partridge, 08 December 2011 - 09:10 AM.

#9 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

However, there are acres of golden sands coated with blonde girls who can't afford both parts of a bikini.

I'm in. Didn't read the rest, should I have?

Date dependant for me as I will be supporting Time Attack again next year.

#10 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

and JG to the Anne Frank museum.

:lol:

#11 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

what's going on with the international speedster doodah next year, is that still happening? i'm up for a roadtrip, where ever it may be thumbsup

#12 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

I'm up for this one too. Any excuse to get the VX into europe :D Not that fussed on the track or location. Went to Amsterdam a few weeks ago and unless you are staying central there is not much point. The party atmosphere doesn't exist until after 12 and the last routes out by train are about 12 too..... plus everyone is baked all the time and it's pretty lazy even when it does get going.

Edited by VXed, 08 December 2011 - 10:14 AM.

#13 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

Folembray is a great little track which I've done 3 times. However, it is only a small circuit and the more serious trackers might be disappointed. The locals will often come out in the afternoon to watch which creates a good atmosphere. The on-site club house is very good but there's a dearth of local accommodation. chinky chinky

#14 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

and JG to the Anne Frank museum.

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

#15 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

What is the Db limit at Zandvoort for a track day..? May count some of us out.

#16 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

Noise limit: 88dB at 20meters So basically the same as Bedford Autodrome.

#17 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

Well that'll rule a large number of us out :( Back to Spa then? :)

Edited by VXT'ED, 08 December 2011 - 12:56 PM.

#18 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

I have no chance of passing the drive by.

#19 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

May not be as bad as Bedford, if there's only one noise meter. It's Bedford having four of them that really screws things up. thumbsdown

#20 darronwall

darronwall

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts
  • Interests:the older i get the more my genitals look like jeremy clarkson

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

not really too fussed where the trip is but springsteen is here june july so i hope nowt clashes as i aint missing a concert,what about a good 2 trackdays in this country a day or so apart??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users