• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#41 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

I would definately be up for that. Plus Abbeville is a great track and only just over an hour from Calais! chinky chinky

Not so bad if you live in the south and its a short hop to the ferry terminal or tunnel but for a lot of us up in the northern wastelands its still quite a journey before we're even got to france.
I'm just not sure Abbeville is worth the slog. It struck me as an oversized kart track really.
I am happy to go to Le Mans again, or some other comparable proper race circuit.

#42 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Abbeville is a pretty sh!t track. Think I've done it 5 times and I could describe every single ripple in it's surface, still. Only way I'd ever go back is if it was a freebie tacked on the end of something better.

#43 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'm just not sure Abbeville is worth the slog. It struck me as an oversized kart track really.

Then you certainly wont want to be bothered with La Croix. I understand that Spa is expensive and that for a lot of people it would be an awful lot of money to spend on a track day but IME there really isnt anywhere else like it. It doesnt just have 2 or 3 good corners, it has numerous famous, historic corners that take your breath away. It is a tremendous experience. It makes Brands Hatch Grand Prix and Le Mans Bugatti look like kart tracks!!! Its epic. But I'll go anywhere, even La Croix!!!

#44 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Abbeville is a pretty sh!t track. Think I've done it 5 times and I could describe every single ripple in it's surface, still. Only way I'd ever go back is if it was a freebie tacked on the end of something better.

I was there last week and it hasnt got any better

#45 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

Croix is better than Abbeville though. Granted, not massively better. :wacko:

#46 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Croix is better than Abbeville though. Granted, not massively better. :wacko:

In respect of the surface certainly but croix is slightly shorter and very twisty and narrow

#47 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

LoT have a Spa day in April. Not bookable yet though. Who else conducts decent TDs there?

#48 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

There seems to be trackdays advertised in march and april then nothing untill october, waiting for the race calender to take the spots.

#49 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

LoT have a Spa day in April. Not bookable yet though.

Who else conducts decent TDs there?

Goldtrack do a two dayer at the end of June, been there with them for the last 3 years, very well run but not the cheapest. They are also advertising 4th and 5th June

Edited by fiveoclock, 09 December 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#50 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

If we go then ill only be venturing out on track for one day, £350 per day is steep! Makes you realise what good value the lotus on track day in march is for £175, just have to hope you get lucky with the weather. The more you look at it is Zandvoort are best option? Back to le mans or an early trip in April to Spa? Ill just be a sheep and follow the crowd. Im more than happy to do Zolder, abbeville etc as ive never been there before thumbsup

Edited by georgebc, 09 December 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#51 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

If we go then ill only be venturing out on track for one day, £350 per day is steep! Makes you realise what good value the lotus on track day in march is for £175, just have to hope you get lucky with the weather.

Not sure even going in June guarantees you good weather!

#52 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

If we go then ill only be venturing out on track for one day, £350 per day is steep! Makes you realise what good value the lotus on track day in march is for £175, just have to hope you get lucky with the weather.

:yeahthat:

#53 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

Just even more scary in the wet

#54 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

Could get really expensive then!

#55 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

Could get really expensive then!

Worth every penny!

#56 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

would you guys seriously want to do Le Mans for the 3rd year running? lets try somewhere else!

I've still got part of the track in my sills and i want to give it back :angry2:

#57 darronwall

darronwall

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts
  • Interests:the older i get the more my genitals look like jeremy clarkson

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

dont really care where it goes,it was an ace trip last year and i will do my level best to be there ,wherever it is ,next year

#58 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

It doesnt, I've been in March and its been sunny all day, June and August and its rained half the day

#59 Kev S

Kev S

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

What with busy busy times I guess I've slacked on this one a little.....

As always we've got the Le Mans weekend with LoT as an option but after speaking to Paul Golding last weekend he asked us to consider Zandvoort in August....

Weather should be good, it's close to Amsterdam and it's a change of scenery.... As for the circuit it's meant to be great fun (I have been told to discuss with Mr Partridge who's been out there and can advise).

Other than this we can look into Spa dates (which I fear as they are expensive and weather's volatile) etc but I thought we should make a start looking at our options so we can get a list going :lol:....

I've booked my hotel for this in August, not booked he track yet but will do, be good if a few of you guys were there. Taking the GF so not too mad in the Dam but making a weekend of it is the plan :glare:

Good for the GF as she can spend the day at the beach while I'm on track thumbsup

I love Amsterdam one of my favorite cities in Europe, drive the track first and then get messy and lost in the city!!

#60 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

It would be shame not to have the benefit of Le Mans which are the very reasonable hotel Mercure at €38 plus the evening meal which was all organised, as well as a good circuit, good for novice and expert drivers, and no noise problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users