Photo

Cliffie Double Time Attack 2012+13 Champion!

• Please log in to reply
4350 replies to this topic

#21 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

The question is who to support and who to sabotage? :ninja:

#22 Darcini

Darcini

There must be some way outa here

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

I'd say sabotage Joe - He's young and has the whole of his life ahead of him to get over it.

Cliffie on the other hand.....

#23 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

:lol:

#24 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

I'd say sabotage Joe - He's young and has the whole of his life ahead of him to get over it.

Alternatively Joe has his whole life to dwell on what could have been......

#25 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

Mike, As i said in other thread, good luck with this. If I can be of any help whatsoever, pre, during or post season just shout - even if it's just a spare pair of hands or moral support needed. G

#26 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

Swapping the subframe as the engine had to come out anyway as that is going for internals and stage 3 supercharging. Mine was cracked way back in 2008 when I bought the car and it has got no bigger in all the thorough thrashings I have given the car. Just seems sensible to do it now. I have spoken to Joe and we are one big happy team that will be supporting each other so I would ask everyone to do the same. We will share a crew and pit garages and harmony must reign supreme. Thanks for all the offers of help. There will be times when I will call it in so stand by your spanners.

#27 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

Are you suggesting I am in the swangsong of my racing career? Stirling Moss retired at 90, that gives me at least 5 years left.

#28 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

Are you suggesting I am in the swangsong of my racing career? Stirling Moss retired at 90, that gives me at least 5 years left.

:D

#29 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:42 AM

so you can claim to be the oldest racing driver to retire... 95 is a bit of a climb chap :P

#30 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

This is where I think you guys can really benefit in having 2 cars in the competition. Learning lines from one another, sharing spare parts (don't need to carry 2x everything). Really hope to see some 1-2s

#31 craigb78

craigb78

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

Why dont we just start a vx220.org racing championship? with you 3 and invite thorney along with there race car :)

#32 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:45 AM

with you 3 and invite thorney along with there race car :)

I think Cliffie has just put most of that on eBay (or taken the best bits for himself!!)

#33 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

Fab should also be participating... Having sold the restaurant he must have loads of spare time. ;) Plus he should also have the readies to make it possible and it would be very interesting to see how his 'ITBs' :wub stand up to the "Soup-a-chargers" Also would mean we'd have an extra pit-girl :P :o

#34 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

Great news Mike and good luck, should be a blast!!! Must have a look at some point of what you are allowed in with and not - be rude not to have a proper forced induction in the mix - thats a turbo by the way :D ;) DG

#35 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Bring a like powered lardy down and we can put an end to the argument once and for all. Bring a busty powered lardy and I'm borrowing NickB's engine. Joe's should be more than a match for a stage 4 tubby.

#36 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

:lol: at you lot :lol: im under no illusions that cliffie is the better driver so i will make sure i get out of his way, i bagged up a decent sponsor so its only costing me in wear and tear, fuel for the vx and thats about it! (aslong as i dont break it :lol: ) so i am doing this for fun but if cliffie is way way way too good which he probably will be i will give him some diarrhea pills :lol:

#37 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

Turbo with same power and not stock management - too easy :D Sure a vag conversion would put me with the big boys and dont fancy that rallly LOL I have to say driving a n/a did feel very well balanced on track and forces you to focus on your lines and cornering speed but cant be instant low down torque, getting to old too quick for this waiting for a power band :D Think a s/c or n/a driver would find the turbo a bit dificult to tame (called low down torque) as much as a turbo driver would not be used to the linear, smoooooothness of n/a / s/c and not make the most out of the bends - joking aside it would be interesting contest and suspect similar power levels could change places depending on which track it is 'only one way to find out'.......................fight :D But best of luck to you all for next season and fantastic to see some vx's ou there DG

#38 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

Mikes only fast because he is sub 6 stone :D (only joking Mike, know you can hold your own ;)) I have to drive turbo's to cope with my near on 15 stone LOL DG

#39 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

Congrats Mike....it'll be good to see two VX's battling it out with the fire breathing Evo's & mitsubishi boys. ...will it be age before beauty or vice versa? Let's hope you & Joe both have a great time next year!

#40 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

...will it be age before beauty

Have you met Joe??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users