jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

Purchased a Pozi screw starter this afternoon lol

https://webmail.sout...cators_118.html

Thinking about more power now.....I wont be going down the SC route quite yet but fancy some cam induced powerbandage :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my car as a tuned NA (circa 185bhp) was by far the most fun on track.

I quite like the sound of that ^^^^ anybody/Matt got some idea what is involved (I could guess, but I'd prefer some specifics/pointers)

#162 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

just supercharge it. engine's good for it :)

#163 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

just supercharge it. engine's good for it :)

I know :)

The problem is (I think i mentioned it before) I'm struggling to justify such a large outlay on a car that's worth fcuk all :(

I just quite fancy a bit of a lift in engine dept...like the 'old' stage 3 circa 180bhp...so flowed head/cams etc, something with a bit more ooompf with a different character :)

#164 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

Stage 3 NA prolly costs as much as a supercharger install.

#165 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Stage 3 NA prolly costs as much as a supercharger install.

Not sure about that Lee, if Courtenays prices are a guide (I know that they aren't representative of whats available ;) )

I've got full milltek/viper/big rad and a lightened fly already; so I'm not starting from scratch ;) I'm thinking of something that will compliment the SC conv when it happens.

I must re-read chris_uk's thread again, I'm just lazy and thinking out loud lol

#166 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

My car at 185bhp consisted of:- Milltek exhaust and sports cat TMS 4-1 exhaust manifold (yes, that one :o ) ITG induction kit 2.4 inlet manifold Ported standard throttle body LSJ "green" injectors Mildly ported head (standard valves and cams) Balance shafts removed Lightened fly wheel + dozens of custom maps from TMS/Superchips We tried it with the 68mm throttle body from the American LSJ engine but could never get it to behave properly for any length of time without dropping into limp mode, so reverted to the standard but ported throttle body. It was great fun (even though the mapping was still a little ropey in places after a fuel leak problem had gone undiagnosed :rolleyes: ) and had a totally different character after about 4500rpm when it really gathered up a second wind and would make a break for the 7k rpm rev limit. Gave it huge amounts of abuse including track sessions of an hour at a time without any complaints.

#167 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

My car at 185bhp consisted of:-

Milltek exhaust and sports cat
TMS 4-1 exhaust manifold (yes, that one :o )
ITG induction kit
2.4 inlet manifold
Ported standard throttle body
LSJ "green" injectors
Mildly ported head (standard valves and cams)
Balance shafts removed
Lightened fly wheel
+ dozens of custom maps from TMS/Superchips

We tried it with the 68mm throttle body from the American LSJ engine but could never get it to behave properly for any length of time without dropping into limp mode, so reverted to the standard but ported throttle body. It was great fun (even though the mapping was still a little ropey in places after a fuel leak problem had gone undiagnosed :rolleyes: ) and had a totally different character after about 4500rpm when it really gathered up a second wind and would make a break for the 7k rpm rev limit. Gave it huge amounts of abuse including track sessions of an hour at a time without any complaints.

Cheers for that Matt, pretty close to where i was guessing at (apart from I though you had some cams in there)

I think I might have to talk some specs/mapping with Vocky here :) I always fear he's inundated with other people asking though lol

#168 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

You'll be better off if he is inundated. You'll find yourself ticking altogether too many option boxes, otherwise. :lol:

#169 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image

#170 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Debs....'he's photoshopped that to make it look clean and shiny' :D

#171 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

After some banter in JG's project thread....and a little update.

We finally got the dash screwed back down, tbh I wouldn't even attempt it without a screw gripping 'driver. The OEM screws are soooo sh*t it's barely possible to hold/screw them at the angles you need to put them in at...esp with a trimmed dash which doesn't necessarily line up with the original holes in the dash.

We ended up drilling out the holes to accommodate some wider shank ST screws. FWIW the dash comes with a bonded in metal plate in it...the OEM screws appear to be self tapping, so we re-tapper some larger headed buggers in there. No joke, as before posted, just get some sort of tool that can grip a screw (i'll post a non-broken link to what I bought morrow) and buy a flexi magnet which me and techie were talking about earlier.

Having had the dash of 10+ today there is definitely a technique to getting it on and off....it goes on from the nearside over the binnacle...slide it left to right and rotate over the binnacle....NOT forward/back

Once fitted, we finally fitted the carbon dash bits (after about two years lol)...it's probably not relevant now given the timescales but don't bother using the double sided tape on the back of them; scrape it off and use velcro. I fitted the main plate and it fell off initially, fitted the offside one today and it fell off within 20 mins. Some velcro'ing later and all is well :)

Posted Image

And so to the console....

No need to take the seats out, as I read on here whilst searching.

If you want to retain the LED alarm light it goes DOWN not up when you remove it...mine snapped instantly when turning it upwards.

Two of those horrible screw/retainers either side of the gear stick and the console is free (after some tugging)

Re-fitting is a bit more of a challenge. Especially with the DtT hand brake shroud on mine. you really have to work it front to back engaging the handbrake lever in the shroud and get the gear stick in afterwards...lots of wiggling/pushing/heaving afterwards.....it really is a 'patience is a virtue' excercise...they look nice when fitted though :)

Only problem will be is that DtT has fitted (on mine) a substrate for the 'saddle' on the handbrake lever which doesnt allow the handbrake to fully disengage....will require some filing of the handbrake lever (not handle) to full disengage due to the thickness of the leather shroud

Posted Image

New knob will be fitted tomorrow ;) amongst other farting about/talking to Debs about 'her' carpet :D

Late now....Vino is kicking in so excuse the spellingzzz as I CBA lol

#172 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

My hand is now in tatters with some nice Alcantara induced friction burns after filing that fcuking console down lol Hand brake now dis-engages nicely though :) and the console went back on in seconds :) Looks like I may have a full set of DtT carpets going up for sale soon too ;)

#173 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

My hand is now in tatters with some nice Alcantara induced friction burns after filing that fcuking console down lol

Hand brake now dis-engages nicely though :) and the console went back on in seconds :)

Looks like I may have a full set of DtT carpets going up for sale soon too ;)

Glad you got it sorted jules

#174 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

No worries Aimy Thanks for the tips on filing it down :) seems the extra room made it much easier to fit too :)

#175 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

Template made today so DtT can do me a full length pax carpet.....a bit of a pita, seems the centre console can 'move' a bit left to right so I had to centralise it meh

Posted Image

Foam underlay robbed from my side (had 2x layers in there and they were too thick) cut to shape

Posted Image

DtT drivers side going in the parts for sale section (eventually)

Posted Image

I'm 99% certain i'll be going red for the new carpets, probably with silver stitching but the better half thinks black stitching :rolleyes:

#176 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

Actually, given the heel triangles will be black.....I'm now begining to favour black trim and stitching Bring on the chavness :huh:

#177 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Is it going to be a full carpet jules or over matts?

#178 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

If its over matts I think black carpets and triangles,red edging and grey/silver stitching on the red edging and red or silver/grey writing would look good IMO

#179 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

Over matts. And they will be red. My mind is made up on that. I've spent (far) too much money on the inside and quite frankly it's full of black leather, black CF and silver stitching and alcantara. It needs some colour balance and red is the way forward IMO ;)

#180 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hmmmmm Doing some man maths, I think this is going to get expensive :( Looked at the underside of the front clam again today after the 'hitting a lost exhaust pipe' incident...it doesn't look good :( ABS light is still on Rear clam is getting pinker as the days go by :( Rear tyres are shot (Kumho 31's) and I don't fancy ,miss matching front/rear I saw Cliffie post a link the other day of a bloke who can do suspension refreshes so off to do some searching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users