lights

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kmidderigh

kmidderigh

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

just popped out for some fuel and a quick trip to the shops in the dark this evening - lights switches were ok when i stopped for fuel and at the shops but when i got back home the side lights wouldnt switch off - kept pressing it and eventually it went off but the button didnt feel right. Then like an idiot i thought lets just try that again incase it was a one off - and it did it again but worse and this time there was a high pitched winning/buzzing sound as well ?? (eventually got it to switch off) So did a bit of searching and fair enough seems these switches are a bit dodgy (so looks like mine need some attention) - but what was the buzzing/whinning sound ? is this some sort of 'you've left your lights on' warning which is on the fritz as well ?

#2 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,833 posts
  • Interests:Football - support Derby County
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Computers (oh no not another nerd....)
    Travelling

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

Probably just the contacts / internal switch mech / springs. Cheap enough part to replace.

#3 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
  • Interests:Whisky.Keeping reptiles.Cars.
    The odd bike ride, fell walk and weights
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

If you can hear a buzz when not touching it I would say arking as the contacts are burning up . As above time for new ones Or do what I did and swap it for the fog light (fog candle) switch as a temporary job two years ago :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users