23 replies to this topic

#21 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

I should have said

if you loosen the oil cap with the engine running it should just sit there in the cam cover, there should also be a small resistance to lift it up, usually it can be pulled back down by the engine breather system

cam cover is venting to atmosphere though not recirced into the air intake. Therefore cam cover will be under positive pressure from blowby. Seb, leak down test and compression test should give you the info you need.

#22 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

To be honest with you, I'm going to put it back together and basically ignore it until it actually becomes an issue I think :lol:

#23 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

To be honest with you, I'm going to put it back together and basically ignore it until it actually becomes an issue I think :lol:

:lol:

#24 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

My SC occasionally seems to have a similar level of air pulse coming out of the oil filler cap (maybe not quite as much, hard to tell), and was alot more noticable when I first started the engine up after the conversion (had been sitting for a while) where you could see it quite clearly due to the condensation in the engine for the first few days (it dried out after that so is no longer visible). Maybe the SC causes a bit more blowby than normal.? No stutters (well, none that arn't due to the SC mapping ;)), and have a pipe and breather filter off the cam cover. Mapped recently too and nothing out of the ordinary with the results indicating a problem etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users