New Features - Premium Membership

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#81 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

JG is probably about to post this as well but I just came back to the PC quickly.

We've taken into consideration the fact that someone might want to sell car parts who no longer has a VX and may not want to pay for a premium membership. We don't want car parts being lost when they could go to a good home, so we've unrestricted the car parts for sale section for all members.

Good.

Tell me if you were worried about the hosting cost for the site, why not sell it?

#82 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hmmm, so I pay £12 for something I've used for free for the last 9 years and what do I receive in exchange, access to a forum the content of which is too secret to state? If it's anything like 116 I'm better off out of it. I'll doubtless relent as I've let this place get under my skin (sadly), but a retrograde step IMO thumbsdown

#83 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hmmm, so I pay £12 for something I've used for free for the last 9 years and what do I receive in exchange, access to a forum the content of which is too secret to state? If it's anything like 116 I'm better off out of it.

I'll doubtless relent as I've let this place get under my skin (sadly), but a retrograde step IMO thumbsdown

How many times...

You're paying for the FREE use of it you've had over those last 9 years, that someone else has been paying out of their own pocket.

It's like this country breeds people who just think they're entitled to things just "because". Don't even get me started on Unions. Bloody hate them all!

Anyway, that's another story.

#84 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

the money i've saved from advice and group buys from having access to this place far exceeds £12. I probably won't use the benefits of the premium membership, it's just my way of putting something back into such a valuable resourse.

#85 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

That's my reasoning Chris. I didn't "need" to subscribe (admin/mod etc) but I feel the forum has supported me so I want to support it.

#86 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

yes i fully agree with contributions and will cough up but am not in agreement with any left over cash part funding the national which i do not participate in and dont really think the guys that do participate need any cash contribution would rather it went to some deserving charity or as i said back in the pot to help reduce next years contribution

#87 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

yes i fully agree with contributions and will cough up
but am not in agreement with any left over cash part funding the national
which i do not participate in and dont really think the guys that do participate
need any cash contribution
would rather it went to some deserving charity or as i said back in the pot to help reduce next years contribution

FFS, stop moaning ;)

Will has already said IF there are additional funds at the end of the year it won't go to the National.

You're not forced to pay, so if you feel that strongly about it, DON'T!

#88 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

but am not in agreement with any left over cash part funding the national

Exactly how many times does Will need to state that's not going to happen.

#89 WillT

WillT

Need to get Out More

• 810 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

You don't have to pay.... simple really. Still as free as it ever was. If you feel that this move is so bad that it is completely unjust then you aren't being forced to stay. As previously mentioned we did discuss the sale but that would do more harm than good. What we've put in place is fair and 99.9% agree.

#90 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

Just a thought guys, I used a shared pc at work & learnt a long time ago not to log in unless a post couldn't wait til I got home or more recently post on the iphone. I'm on my laptop & getting adverts asking me to chat & share photos with young ladies (I presume) in Thailand. This in no way fits in with my profile & worries me about what could come up at work. Can't the adverts be put at the bottom of the page?

#91 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Unfortunately, the advert placement is down to the software. Bit like TV adverts, you can't choose where they are in the programme. Whats the point in having adverts if you can ignore them at the bottom of teh screen? ;)

#92 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Whats the point in having adverts if you can ignore them at the bottom of teh screen? ;)

Surely that's the same as what's the point in having adverts if you can pay £12 to not see them?

But that's not my point, I work in a place where my desk can be seen by customers, I share the pc (so will not log in), the adverts at the bottom of the page would give me a chance to hide them from the wrong eyes, at the top of the screen it looks like I'll be stuffed

#93 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Anyway, I don't know what you're all complaining about. I've paid up but don't get a nice little badge to identify that I have and worse, still get the adverts. Posted Image

#94 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Lets make it £50 and have a .org quick detailing kit included with membership

#95 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

The ads will fit in more with the site as trending improves Steve.

#96 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Anyway, I don't know what you're all complaining about. I've paid up but don't get a nice little badge to identify that I have and worse, still get the adverts. Posted Image

Neiither do i, though the ads have gone :D :P

#97 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Wish they'd stop trying to flog me Vauxhall Astra's, I'd much rather a nice Thai lady who just wants to chat.

#98 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Conveyancing for £98 here :lol:

#99 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

I'd much rather a nice Thai lady who just wants to chat.

A dangerous presumption (I believe :rolleyes: )

#100 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

She said she only needed my bank details to be sure I was who I said I was..... :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users