64 replies to this topic

#41 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Good luck with it. I know how soul destroying it can be.

#42 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Bugger, I threw out a standard inlet manifold and good MAP sensor on Wednesday. You could have had the sensor for nowt. Shame Joe and Lee aren't around as they've probably got some lying around from SC conversions. :(

#43 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

i cant believe you still had a standard intake manifold :lol: i have put one in the post thumbsup

#44 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

LEGENDS absolute legends! I know Joe... I know, but I've had so much hassle with the dam thing that I can't face changing the manifold at the moment. LOL

#45 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

sorry i was talking to techie, i cant believe he still had a standard inlet manifold in his garage :lol:

#46 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

I know. I couldn't believe it when I found it. I've got at least 4 airboxes as well. 2 NA and 2 turbo and I think there might be one from some obscure Vectra as well somewhere. :lol:

#47 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

I might have one at home will check first thing tomorrow as I am at work again

#48 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

thumbsup Imnotworthy

#49 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thanks Exmantaa - one more thing to try! Will hunt one of those down.

EDIT: Mines not an SC though and Techie's is, so would that explain the differences in the MAP readings? or is mine just off anyway?

Ow wait, my mistake... the SC MAP's are 2 bar types, so at ambient (= engine off) will read half the pressure. ~50kPa. Your shows 4.8v/101kPa what is correct for a nnon running NA MAP. :ninja:

Sorry to give you false hope.
(but still a wonky MAP may cause this, so exchange it.)

Edited by Exmantaa, 08 June 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#50 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

thumbsup Imnotworthy

I looked but couldn't find it, sorry.

#51 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for looking Nick thumbsup

#52 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

So today I've changed the MAF - still no joy so for a laugh (I know how to have fun) I changed the entire loom, the knock sensor and the crank sensor and STILL no joy! SAME 1516 error I actually had a dream the other night that my car started - I'm getting THAT desperate! ha

#53 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

:lol:

#54 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thats what my face is like at the mo Joe: :lol: although my head is doing this: :beat: and if I can't get it working by Tuesday I'll be doing this: :wacko: :( :unsure: :drink: :9mm:

#55 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Audi for sale ;)

#56 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Audi for sale ;)

Im gonna have to seriously consider that! PM me the reg so I can get a few insurance quotes please :-)

#57 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

IT’S ALIVE! SHE LIVES!

I’d contacted an mate of mine, Andy, that I’d met when I had a Mk 4 Astra, via AOC. He fits aftermarket electrical equipment to cars but had warned me that ECU’s and engine sensors etc weren’t his speciality area. I was just grateful he could come and visit.

So once I’d gone through what I’d done and shown him the error, he started to through wiring diagrams and troubleshooting, I stood around obeying orders of ignition requests and feeling like I was waiting on some exam results.

Andy worked his way through TIS diagrams and eliminated various issues. He got to the fuel pump relay, and with his multi meter across the terminals, asked me to crank the engine… the results were not what he expected; it was constantly switching! So he whipped up a quick bit of cable and bridged the connections and asked me to turn it over….SHE FIRED!!!!

Basically – my original relay had broken at some point whilst the car was off the road, which stopped the car working in the first place, but my original relay wasn’t a standard Vauxhall one. Joe lent me his working OE one, but whoever had the car before me had rewired the relay socket to fit whatever relay they could get their hands on but I didn’t know this not being a car electrical expert.
Andy rewired the relay socket CORRECTLY and popped the relay back in and away she went – I cleared the codes and she started to purr as if nothing had happened! NO CODES!!!

I was full of elation and massive relief at the same time! My legs turned to jelly. I had a working car again. So now it was into full swing: I had no clam on, no rear wheels, no interior etc. After 4 hours I had the car back on the ground and ready for a test run and to go for fuel. It was SOO good to be back in the driver’s seat, I’d forgotten just how good the larini is.

Now I have the task of returning everything so graciously and kindly lent to me by so many amazing people on here. Couldn’t of got to the point I did without their help and support; Joe, Lee, Techie, Vocky, 5oc, FLD and Andy (Autosparks) to name a few. I think I’ll be forever in their debt.
All that’s left to do is another coolant and oil change, fit the undertrays and clean it.

I'll be contacting folk on Monday to arrange returning parts :)

So I’m now an expert in wiring diagrams and if I never see P1516 error again, it’ll still be too soon
Cheers for everyone’s help and input on this thread, I think this can be put to bed.
A very, very happy Darryl

#58 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Great news Darryl. Glad it's sorted and running sweetly again. thumbsup thumbsup P.S. With a Le Mans trip on Wednesday, I can see why you were getting more and more frantic as the days and replacement parts went by. Safe, uneventful, journey.

#59 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

Great news Darryl. Glad it's sorted and running sweetly again. thumbsup thumbsup

P.S. With a Le Mans trip on Wednesday, I can see why you were getting more and more frantic as the days and replacement parts went by. Safe, uneventful, journey.

Cheers Techie, yes, I was starting to enter a bit of a '5p - 50p' mode, I like to take things down to the wire :-P

#60 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

but whoever had the car before me had rewired the relay socket to fit whatever relay they could get their hands on

My god, that would have been practically impossible to concluse, even with all the effort from here.
Good to hear it's alive chinky chinky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users