Here we go again

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Its about time I started working on the beast after enjoying it since August without doing much other than driving and polishing it (Sometimes). So I wrote down a list of things I need to do. A lot of this I will do on the bank holiday monday. Exterior --------- Paint and fit V (Cheers Joe_589!) Fit new side grills (Cheers Cocopops!) Fit tat diffuser (Cheers JG!) Remove and clean wheels properly Investigate stiff steering General steering and suspension inspection on each corner (with shocks removed to allow easier pulling, lifting and shoogling) Brakes inspection (check for uneven wear, leaking seals etc. Possibly bleed) Oil and filter change Check air filter. Realign exhaust Replace dead side light bulb Replace dead fog light bulb **buy, paint and fit lip spoiler **Look for quote on painting body Book Geo check/fix (don't think I'm happy with the geo atm) Interior --------- Seats and mats out, proper clean inside. Fit 10cm speakers in dash Replace current rear speakers. Paint door handle "triangles" Once all that is taken care of I will be down the slippery road of modding properly...oh dear.

#2 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Come on lets see some photo evidence!! :poke: Steve

#3 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Is this why you are "friends" with Fife Customized :lol:

#4 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Is this why you are "friends" with Fife Customized :lol:

Haha GIRFUY :P

#5 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Its about time I started working on the beast after enjoying it since August without doing much other than driving and polishing it (Sometimes).

I meant June :S

#6 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Come on lets see some photo evidence!! :poke:

Steve

Not many pics at present. Heres a shiney teaser

Posted Image

I'll stick up some pics when I start fannying about on Monday. Hopefully you can't lip read if my face gets in the shots... :)

#7 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Yeah, so this never happened. Ended up at Gleneagles on Sunday then Monday was a wash out....this weekend......

#8 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

Its about time I started working on the beast after enjoying it since August without doing much other than driving and polishing it (Sometimes). So I wrote down a list of things I need to do.

A lot of this I will do on the bank holiday monday.

Exterior
---------
Paint and fit V (Cheers Joe_589!)
Fit new side grills (Cheers Cocopops!) DONE
Fit tat diffuser (Cheers JG!)
Remove and clean wheels properly
Investigate stiff steering
General steering and suspension inspection on each corner (with shocks removed to allow easier pulling, lifting and shoogling)
Brakes inspection (check for uneven wear, leaking seals etc. Possibly bleed)
Oil and filter change
Check air filter.
Realign exhaust
Replace dead side light bulb DONE
Replace dead fog light bulb DONE
**buy, paint and fit lip spoiler
**Look for quote on painting body
Book Geo check/fix (don't think I'm happy with the geo atm)

Interior
---------
Seats and mats out, proper clean inside.
Fit 10cm speakers in dash DONE
Replace current rear speakers. DONE
Paint door handle "triangles"

Once all that is taken care of I will be down the slippery road of modding properly...oh dear.

#9 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

Just not getting time right now. But not working all next weekend so I will be at it for two days solid and get most of the above knocked on the head.. Also need to add: Paint/Turbofy All lights.(As I just prefer them black inside.......) Clean/Refurb softtop in time for hardtop going back on. and Pictures!

#10 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

So, so far you've just done the easy stuff..? :P ;)

Edited by Rosssco, 10 September 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#11 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Aye, 5 mins here and there :lol:. Fitting the front speaks took the longest, 2 hours from trying to get the dash out (inc removing the stereo with no keys) to having it back in with working front speakers. What a difference it makes. Big ugly grilles at the moment though. Don't know if I'm keen, may get something a bit less garish to replace them with.

#12 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image

#13 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Posted Image

#14 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Exterior
---------
Paint and fit V (Cheers Joe_589!) DONE
Fit tat diffuser (Cheers JG!) DONE
Remove and clean wheels properly DONE
Investigate stiff steering DONE
General steering and suspension inspection on each corner (with shocks removed to allow easier pulling, lifting and shoogling) DONE
Brakes inspection (check for uneven wear, leaking seals etc. Possibly bleed)
Oil and filter change
Check air filter.
Realign exhaust
Book Geo check/fix (don't think I'm happy with the geo atm)

Interior
---------
Seats and mats out, proper clean inside.DONE

Once all that is taken care of I will be down the slippery road of modding properly...oh dear.

#15 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Are those ly wheel coloured centre caps? Where did you get them?

#16 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

They're Insignia caps. I tried to get proper LY ones but apparently they're discontinued. The Insignia ones have the updated vauxhall logo and look good. They require a bit padding out to fit the alloy properly. I just used some insulating tape wrapped round the back until the were a solid fit. Ebay btw. I'll stick up a close up pic of them, 2 secs

#17 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Pardon the lighting it was in the garage with a crappy camera phone

#18 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Geo completed last Saturday. 340r road(ish) settings. Done some oncall work last night so had my first real go at it on some clear if a little icey roads. All I can say is... Oh yes. Armgasm.

#19 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Exterior
---------
Paint and fit V (Cheers Joe_589!) DONE
Fit tat diffuser (Cheers JG!) DONE
Remove and clean wheels properly DONE
Investigate stiff steering DONE
General steering and suspension inspection on each corner (with shocks removed to allow easier pulling, lifting and shoogling) DONE
Brakes inspection (check for uneven wear, leaking seals etc. Possibly bleed) DONE
Oil and filter change (First weekend Feb 2013)
Check air filter. (First Weekend Feb 2013)
Realign exhaust
Book Geo check/fix (don't think I'm happy with the geo atm) DONE
Tyres replace

Interior
---------
Seats and mats out, proper clean inside.DONE

#20 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

MOT was this week at Murray Lotus. Brakes need an overhaul but apparently not bad enough to fail an MOT. Did fail on: 1 x Front Tyre - No surprise, I knew they were getting pretty close Wiper blade - One of the "I should really fix that" jobs. Previous owner had fitted a blade that was too big. License plate lamps - Overspray, quite annoying that whomever has painted the car in the past didn't remove them first. Number plate - I've got a 3/4 size fitted (woops) I sourced tyres as I had two fronts in the house. Theres a funny story of me taking these on the commuter train then rolling them a mile and a half from the train station to Murrays..but its just not true..honest. :lol: Murray's sourced the lamp units from GM dealer round the corner, wiper blade simple for them as it has the elise wiper arm. Craig at murray's threw in the Number plate for free. It's taken a couple of days but all in including MOT £129. Can't complain and top service from Murray's again. thumbsup Also had a quote to fix my paint. I need the front clam and bonnet, also the drivers door in the usual place. Looks like £900 inc VAT all in which from a Lotus dealer and someone I trust that I could have comeback and not be cocked about isn't too bad really. But it won't be anytime soon. After Monaco anyways..but then thats summer etc...probably into winter if I go for it. It'd certainly be nice to have it looking fresh again. Cheers for reading ramble and promise to give this thread more focus and photos soon. Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users