Fitting Webcon Throttle Bodies

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

As a matter of interest, has anyone supercharged AND installed webcon? I know that mating/making a plenum to feed into the 4 barrels might be tricky, but the result would be good surely ?

#42 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Pm replied to :sleep:

#43 badgerade

badgerade

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

As a matter of interest, has anyone supercharged AND installed webcon? I know that mating/making a plenum to feed into the 4 barrels might be tricky, but the result would be good surely ?

Not sure there'd be room to squeeze it all in

#44 luckman

luckman

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Can I just record my thanks publicly to Vocky who has never failed to reply to any of my many pm's and always within 24 hours (usually much quicker). Also many thanks to Yaaan who has also helped by pm and email.

#45 yaaan

yaaan

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Not sure there'd be room to squeeze it all in

Well, if my future plans don't make enough of a difference maybe I'll give it a go :lol:

There's certainly a lot of empty space in the engine bay. I guess it's just a case of whether there's room between the ITBs and the bulkhead to fit any of the necessary gubbins in there.

#46 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

you can see the crank wiring loom going behind the oil filter and down the block where it is held by a P clip, it then connects to the crank sensor loom and then goes down under the corner of the sump to the new webcon crank sensor

Posted Image

Edited by vocky, 25 November 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#47 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Now thats the mother of all inspection hatches!!! Imnotworthy

#48 Jason

Jason

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays, Walking, Photography

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Not running the oil cooler?

#49 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

it does make access so much easier :happy:

Not running the oil cooler?

that is my old engine, which ran the Saab oil cooler (just to the right of the oil filter). My new engine will be using the vx220 oil cooler :sleep:

#50 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

it does make access so much easier :happy:

Didn't make mine quite so big but with hindsight would have done!

Already saved me form a certain engine out job to fix an oil leak that would have been nigh on impossible without the access it gave :)

#51 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Looks great with the foam tape and the rivnuts thumbsup

#52 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Joe also has the same size access panel which makes changing the Harrop much easier, we just need to finish adding the brackets and making the 4mm alloy panel to cover it

#53 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

4mm alloy panel to cover it

4mm? It doesn't need to be bullet proof ! :lol:

#54 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Not yet, the Rotrex would work ;)

4mm alloy panel to cover it

4mm? It doesn't need to be bullet proof ! :lol:

Its a fire wall :mellow: sorry Joe :lol:

#55 luckman

luckman

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Posted Image

#56 luckman

luckman

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

For the benefit of future ITB enthusiasts this is how to deal with the fuel lines courtesy of Vocky: The original fuel pipe (coloured red in the image above) is removed from the fuel filter. The white plastic washer supplied is installed into where the original pipe came from (into the threaded section) and then the new metal fitting is screwed into the fuel filter. From there the rubber fuel pipe is connected to the end of the webcon fuel rail (passenger side of the engine). The return fuel pipe (coloured blue) is cut where it goes up the bulkhead, below the new fuel pressure regulator (fpr) then a section of rubber fuel pipe is connected to the remaining return pipe and then to the bottom of the fpr. The driver side of the webcon fuel rail goes to the fpr with some more rubber fuel hose. Use the silver fuel hose cobra clips supplied on all the rubber hose connections. The metal fuel pipes are all removed including the bracket all of which is best accessed through the osr wheel arch.

#57 luckman

luckman

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Electrical connections: Water temp - goes on new sensor fitted below where coil capacitor was removed Lambda sensor connects to harness near that (one plug is not connected to as it is for the rear lambda sensor that isn't used by webcon) Coil - goes to coilpack. Note when fitting new plate with Alpha on it remove the plug extension from the coilpack with a pair of pliers else the Webcon connection won't fit. Black wire with circular connector goes to earth on engine Red wire with circular connector goes to starter motor RPM connector connects to the crank sensor fitted when the trigger wheel kit was fitted Air temp - connects to plug on alloy plate below air filter on ITBs POT goes to potentiometer with lead hanging off end of ITBs Two spade connectors go to new radiator fan temperature switch to be fitted in top hose Inertia plug is cut off and the two wires joined together as it is no longer used - leave the original inertoa switch connected You also have to modify a relay in the boot (which is tucked right up over the nsr wheel arch) as follows: cut the thin brown wire (where it joins the big brown wire) on the brown relay base and join it to the white/violet wire on the grey relay base (so both relays get power from the white/violet)

#58 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

This is good work. Keep it up!

#59 J4EY D

J4EY D

Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I don't know if you'll have the same problem as me, but just in case i'll post it up as could save you a battery :) Webcon may have changed this now, so might be worth checking with Vocky as im sure he'll know. The brown relay in the boot is a switched live, but as mine was the first plug n play loom (i think), they forgot and wired it as a permanent live :blush:. So it was pulling quite a bit of power out of the battery even when the Vx was off. It was a simple 2 minute fix that Vocky kindly performed, but i haven't got a clue what he did as i got distracted :lol:

#60 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

The problem is the webcon ecu doesn't have a spare internal source for a switched live, so the easiest option is to modify the relay wiring as below:

You also have to modify a relay in the boot (which is tucked right up over the nsr wheel arch) as follows: cut the thin brown wire (where it joins the big brown wire) on the brown relay base and join it to the white/violet wire on the grey relay base (so both relays get power from the white/violet)

The z22se ecu switches the negative on the brown relay, it has a permanent live feed, webcon added a negative but there are no switched negatives coming from the webcon ecu.

Edited by vocky, 28 November 2012 - 03:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users