New Vxt Owner In Essex!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Must be one of the very first vxt's that one....

Yep. As is mine and could well be a former press car too. Mine is and has an MW52 reg plate and i suspect that Vauxhall re-registered them on MW52 plates when they sold them on.

Edited by Wolfstone, 15 December 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#42 Rman

Rman

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Whereabouts are you in Essex? I spotted a 52 car in Tiptree around lunchtime today. I was turning into New Road near Barclays and the car was the other side of the fire station. My wife also spotted a 52 car (an 'unusual' colour) today at the airfield at Easthorpe. She mentioned that the driver was giving it the beans down the long straight. Was wondering if we both spotted you?

#43 Daveford18

Daveford18

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Whereabouts are you in Essex?

I spotted a 52 car in Tiptree around lunchtime today. I was turning into New Road near Barclays and the car was the other side of the fire station. My wife also spotted a 52 car (an 'unusual' colour) today at the airfield at Easthorpe. She mentioned that the driver was giving it the beans down the long straight.

Was wondering if we both spotted you?

Hi mate. That was definitely me both times!! Pulling into the Firestation yesterday as I'm a retained firefighter in the village. I did see you too! You live in the village as well?

#44 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

There's another in Tiptree near the school heading out to great Totham. I'm not far in Silver End.

#45 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Ah you'll know Steve McClure then...and possibly Darren.

Edited by rob999, 16 December 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#46 ant1

ant1

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Welcome, I'm not too far away from you, Colchester. Sadly I didn't get the turbo though. This is great forum with loads of people willing to give good advice.

#47 green_machineGC

green_machineGC

• PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorsport, Usual Stuff

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Welcome to the Essex Clan buddy :) come down to Raleigh for the curry if you can!!

#48 Daveford18

Daveford18

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Ah you'll know Steve McClure then...and possibly Darren.

Ha, yeah, I know Macca! Bit of a character to say the least. Do you mean Darren Waite or Hoad? How do you know them? Small world!!

#49 Daveford18

Daveford18

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Welcome, I'm not too far away from you, Colchester. Sadly I didn't get the turbo though.
This is great forum with loads of people willing to give good advice.

Yeah, it does seem to be a very good forum so far. Real helpful bunch of people's!

#50 Daveford18

Daveford18

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Welcome to the Essex Clan buddy :)/> come down to Raleigh for the curry if you can!!

Thanks mate. Afraid I can't make the curry. Out for both Christmas meals with both my jobs Friday and Saturday. Will definitely come for meets and anything else that happens in the new year

#51 Daveford18

Daveford18

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

There's another in Tiptree near the school heading out to great Totham.

I'm not far in Silver End.

That'll be tiptree Heath school. Will keep an eye out for it!

#52 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Mr Waites. I'm wholetime at Harlow. Need to catch up with Honko (Steve)...its been a while!

#53 Daveford18

Daveford18

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Mr Waites. I'm wholetime at Harlow. Need to catch up with Honko (Steve)...its been a while!

So do I. Never see the lazy bastard anymore! Got another sprog on the way. That'll be 3 girls now!

#54 Rman

Rman

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I spotted a 52 car in Tiptree around lunchtime today. I was turning into New Road near Barclays and the car was the other side of the fire station. My wife also spotted a 52 car (an 'unusual' colour) today at the airfield at Easthorpe. She mentioned that the driver was giving it the beans down the long straight.

Hi mate. That was definitely me both times!! Pulling into the Firestation yesterday as I'm a retained firefighter in the village. I did see you too! You live in the village as well?

Cool - will keep an eye out for you. Yes, I'm in Tiptree, just a couple of minutes from the centre. The vx is my daily drive, so no doubt we'll bump into each other again.

#55 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hello and welcome.. I read the first page and not got enought time to read the 2nd.. there is a few of us in essex as you might have worked out by now. Get along to a meet :) take it really easy out there, get on a car limits day and a trackday in the new year.. really take it easy its culling season :D Enjoy!

#56 Daveford18

Daveford18

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Cool - will keep an eye out for you. Yes, I'm in Tiptree, just a couple of minutes from the centre. The vx is my daily drive, so no doubt we'll bump into each other again.

Sure we will! How do you find it for your daily drive? I also use it to and from work, I work at Mumford and wood opposite jobserve and I'm on call at the station Monday-Friday so sure you'll see me kicking about in the vx! Loving the driving experience of it!

#57 Daveford18

Daveford18

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hello and welcome..

I read the first page and not got enought time to read the 2nd..

there is a few of us in essex as you might have worked out by now. Get along to a meet :)/>

take it really easy out there, get on a car limits day and a trackday in the new year..

really take it easy its culling season :D/>

Enjoy!

Cheers mate. There sure are plenty of us in Essex! Have to get along to meet for sure!

#58 Rman

Rman

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Sure we will! How do you find it for your daily drive? I also use it to and from work, I work at Mumford and wood opposite jobserve and I'm on call at the station Monday-Friday so sure you'll see me kicking about in the vx! Loving the driving experience of it!

It's great as my daily drive, although it did take a few weeks to get used to it. Now it's everything else that feels strange to drive. I bought my car at the start of winter two years ago and it was a bit difficult to adjust at first. The heater didn't work and the locks would freeze when I came back to it in the evenings. I sorted the heater with help from the forum and I now have a lock up garage at the station, so it's always nice and clear whatever the weather. It's a keeper for sure - I'm sure you'll feel the same once you've been driving yours for a while (if not already?)

I commute between Tiptree and Kelvedon station daily, so I drive right past the entrance to your place. Will keep my eyes peeled.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users