Time Attack Zandvoort Videos

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

The surface is fine Nev and they only spin up when provoked and are perfectly controllable. I though you had issues spinning up the rears.

When the car was only making 365 ft/lb and 485 BHP (with 21 PSI of boost) traction was fine. Since then my birdbox airbox and 4" pipework and a few other mods now make it unsafe at full bore because the car is now making 32 PSI of boost). It's being remedied this week anyway with a new ECU so I can actually hot-swap and modify the map in the cabin with a laptop to suit whatever situation I like.

Nice and flexible but they don't allow a PC on the passenger seat when you are competing Nev.

#22 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Surely when you are in the pits you can plug a laptop into the ECU and change settings for almost any race series ?

#23 I 8 a 4RE

I 8 a 4RE

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

The surface is fine Nev and they only spin up when provoked and are perfectly controllable. I though you had issues spinning up the rears.

When the car was only making 365 ft/lb and 485 BHP (with 21 PSI of boost) traction was fine. Since then my birdbox airbox and 4" pipework and a few other mods now make it unsafe at full bore because the car is now making 32 PSI of boost). It's being remedied this week anyway with a new ECU so I can actually hot-swap and modify the map in the cabin with a laptop to suit whatever situation I like.

Nice and flexible but they don't allow a PC on the passenger seat when you are competing Nev.

Rumor had it that in the (old style) FIA GT (with GT1 and GT2) the 996 GT3RSR Porsches had this built in into the light switches:

When you run with the lights on (like you would in the rain) the power output would be less than when with the lights off! 

Certainly anno 2013 you would have this built into your Motec somewhere. Could be a 1-2-3 setting easily done. No laptop needed. 

#24 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Surely when you are in the pits you can plug a laptop into the ECU and change settings for almost any race series ?

Of course we can Nev, I was being provocative.

I don't really need to switch maps as the nature of the delivery on the SC is so linear and predictable that simple driver inputs can control 99% of the traction issues. Mine are mostly provoked anyway.

The other issue with map switching is we would have to change the pulley size to lower the boost levels in a safe manner and to be honest. I can't be arsed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users