• Please log in to reply
960 replies to this topic

#1 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Just thought I would ask what everybody's plans were with these engines 1. Chill. 2.2 crank, forged pistons and rods stage 2 LSJ cams,lightened flywheel and balancer delete, home build with vocky input on Dutch ECU software M62 charger ported head. Hoping for 300+

Edited by techieboy, 08 January 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#2 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

Not sure how realistic my aims are, as haven't really done any proper research, but my plan is

1. Chill. 2.2 crank, forged pistons and rods stage 2 LSJ cams,lightened flywheel and balancer delete, home build with vocky input on Dutch ECU software M62 charger ported head. Hoping for 300+

2. Graeme. 2.0 Saab B207 with standard pistons and crank, Comp cams, chenge of flywheel (Vectra V6?) which may as well be lightened and balancer delete, plus whatever else Vock recommends (within reason) using M62 and dutch software (or standalone) and I'll be happy with 280-300bhp.

#3 Bill SC

Bill SC

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

1. Chill. 2.2 crank, forged pistons and rods stage 2 LSJ cams,lightened flywheel and balancer delete, home build with vocky input on Dutch ECU software M62 charger ported head. Hoping for 300+

2. Graeme. 2.0 Saab B207 with standard pistons and crank, Comp cams, chenge of flywheel (Vectra V6?) which may as well be lightened and balancer delete, plus whatever else Vock recommends (within reason) using M62 and dutch software (or standalone) and I'll be happy with 280-300bhp

3. Westkenbrit. Vocky fettled B207 (ported etc..), 2.2 crank, forged internals, siemens injectors, stage 2 cams (unless advised otherwise by Vocky) uprated clutch, dutch software, harrop. 350+

But Neil and Joe would know better as they are doing it all :D

Edited by Westkenbrit, 17 October 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#4 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

1. Chill. 2.2 crank, forged pistons and rods stage 2 LSJ cams,lightened flywheel and balancer delete, home build with vocky input on Dutch ECU software M62 charger ported head. Hoping for 300+ 2. Graeme. 2.0 Saab B207 with standard pistons and crank, Comp cams, chenge of flywheel (Vectra V6?) which may as well be lightened and balancer delete, plus whatever else Vock recommends (within reason) using M62 and dutch software (or standalone) and I'll be happy with 280-300bhp 3. Westkenbrit. Vocky fettled B207 (ported etc..), 2.2 crank, forged internals, siemens injectors, stage 2 cams (unless advised otherwise by Vocky) uprated clutch, dutch software, harrop, Pro alloy chargecooler, and baffled fuel tank, uprated fuel pump. 350+ But Neil and Joe would know better as they are doing it all 4. Chris. Leave it sat in my back garden until i can be bothered to pull it to bits.

#5 Tony H

Tony H

Lotus on Crack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Serbian turbo-folk

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

1. Chill. 2.2 crank, forged pistons and rods stage 2 LSJ cams,lightened flywheel and balancer delete, home build with vocky input on Dutch ECU software M62 charger ported head. Hoping for 300+ 2. Graeme. 2.0 Saab B207 with standard pistons and crank, Comp cams, chenge of flywheel (Vectra V6?) which may as well be lightened and balancer delete, plus whatever else Vock recommends (within reason) using M62 and dutch software (or standalone) and I'll be happy with 280-300bhp 3. Westkenbrit. Vocky fettled B207 (ported etc..), 2.2 crank, forged internals, siemens injectors, stage 2 cams (unless advised otherwise by Vocky) uprated clutch, dutch software, harrop, Pro alloy chargecooler, and baffled fuel tank, uprated fuel pump. 350+ But Neil and Joe would know better as they are doing it all 4. Chris. Leave it sat in my back garden until i can be bothered to pull it to bits.

5. Tony. Ornament. Going to collect all the adaptations and that while I decide what to do.

#6 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

5. Tony. Ornament. Going to collect all the adaptations and that while I decide what to do.

6. Smiley. 2.0 with head exhaust part ported, zzp or comps cams, lightened flywheel, external crank, water injection, harrop and obdtuner.

Edited by smiley, 17 October 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#7 ufods

ufods

• Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

1. Chill. 2.2 crank, forged pistons and rods stage 2 LSJ cams,lightened flywheel and balancer delete, home build with vocky input on Dutch ECU software M62 charger ported head. Hoping for 300+ 2. Graeme. 2.0 Saab B207 with standard pistons and crank, Comp cams, chenge of flywheel (Vectra V6?) which may as well be lightened and balancer delete, plus whatever else Vock recommends (within reason) using M62 and dutch software (or standalone) and I'll be happy with 280-300bhp 3. Westkenbrit. Vocky fettled B207 (ported etc..), 2.2 crank, forged internals, siemens injectors, stage 2 cams (unless advised otherwise by Vocky) uprated clutch, dutch software, harrop, Pro alloy chargecooler, and baffled fuel tank, uprated fuel pump. 350+ But Neil and Joe would know better as they are doing it all 4. Chris. Leave it sat in my back garden until i can be bothered to pull it to bits.   5. Tony. Ornament. Going to collect all the adaptations and that while I decide what to do.   6. Smiley. 2.0 with head exhaust part ported, zzp or comps cams, lightened flywheel, external crank, water injection, harrop and obdtuner.     7. ufods B207r with standard internals,lightened flywheel and balancer delete, extrrnal trigger, Sachs clutch, 3" full Tullet, Siemens 630 injektors, Dutch ECU software Harrop charger Reaching 330 PS without water injektion Still searching for cams

#8 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

Everyone is going to be running 350bhp soon. What's the next stage, might have to get my liners done lol

#9 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Design a better intake first ;)

#10 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Design a better intake first ;)

Was just thinkin that :P   Is there still nothing better than the shan-a-novas?!?!?

#11 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Was just thinkin that :P   Is there still nothing better than the shan-a-novas?!?!?

Not really. Staying away from silly pully´s and using water/meth injection seems to be the advice for now.

A decent manifold redesign would be welcomed, but even the more larger US community has not come up with anything decent in over 6 years. 

#12 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Unfortunately they don't have British technology or innovation.... The US has been (and is still) using 6L engines giving out 250bhp so the likely hood of them coming up with a decent manifold is slim to none.  COME ON BLIGHTY!!

#13 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

The US has been (and is still) using 6L engines giving out 250bhp so the likely hood of them coming up with a decent manifold is slim to none. 

Poor example, thats nothing to do with their capability to design or build a higher specific capacity engine though.. ;) Check the torque on said 6L engine..

#14 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

It is to do with impetus though.  They can't be arsed to develop what could be an absolutely epic engine (think Merc 6.2) and having worked out there and seen their work ethic etc their mentality IMO is very much "It works so why bother changing it"   Better is not their MO

#15 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

It is to do with impetus though.  They can't be arsed to develop what could be an absolutely epic engine (think Merc 6.2) and having worked out there and seen their work ethic etc their mentality IMO is very much "It works so why bother changing it"   Better is not their MO

If you say so... :) I have also worked in / with America/ns and thats not the impression I have got. Perhaps a different industry.

Again, I don't think looking at V8 engines is not a great comparision, as its all about consumer demand for certain products, and cost. Go price up a AMG 6.2 V8 against a GM LS7.. Its probably 1/3 the cost but pretty much does the same thing, albeit in a very different way. The Amercian attitude is probably more commercially driven yes, hence why change something substantially for the sake of it..

Anyway, off topic..

Edited by Rosssco, 18 October 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#16 drunknmunky

drunknmunky

• PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Surfing, generally anything you can hurt yourself doing!!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Is the Saab engine so much better? Can you not pull the same power out of the existing 2.2 plants??

#17 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Is the Saab engine so much better? Can you not pull the same power out of the existing 2.2 plants??

A little better, but in short they are brand new engines, chains etc

#18 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

How do we go about redesigning a new inlet? I don't mind getting the ball rolling but wouldn't know where to start .

#19 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

How do we go about redesigning a new inlet? I don't mind getting the ball rolling but wouldn't know where to start .

I was thinking about a thin radiator across the inlet manifold between the charger and manifold with cold water from CC rad before it goes in the laminova s

#20 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

The problem is the restriction in the inlet as there is way more air being forced through than the inlet was designed for. What is required more laminovers. Currently 3 I think but 4-5 would be much better.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b207, engine swap, conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users