• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

And that's the reason I flat refuse to ever ever donate money or time to cruk.

Cancer Research? Are they one of the biggest wrongdoers?   As an aside, my local Sainsburys has a different chugger just inside the door every bloody day. I tell them I already support a number of charities and I get the look! Then they get the look.......
Do some research Myles. It will make your pennies/pounds/millions go to those who really need it.

#22 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

Cancer Research? Are they one of the biggest wrongdoers?   As an aside, my local Sainsburys has a different chugger just inside the door every bloody day. I tell them I already support a number of charities and I get the look! Then they get the look.......
Do some research Myles. It will make your pennies/pounds/millions go to those who really need it.

Mine goes to a hospice, a self sufficiency scheme for the disabled and trees. But I don't like to talk about it.

#23 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Mine goes to a hospice, a self sufficiency scheme for the disabled and trees. But I don't like to talk about it.  
But, now you need to ask what percentage of your coins actually benefits ok :D

#24 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

hospice is one on list of never give a penny too. there all the same imo

#25 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

hospice is one on list of never give a penny too. there all the same imo

How is that? Apart from the end result.  

#26 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

how is that?

there the same over paid bosses, honestly there all same i was having this conversation with a accountant and even he said the same and that was from 

his first hand experience. 

#27 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

The question is then, do we just not bother with any charities anymore?

#28 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

No the question should be how much of a donation actualy goes to doing what you donated To and how much the people running it cream off in over inflated wages to run the so called charity!

Edited by robin, 20 October 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#29 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Fcuk, really? When you've got more than others you give something back - maybe that's just me?

#30 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

Fcuk, really? When you've got more than others you give something back - maybe that's just me?

I'm playing devils advocate there Rudy, don't misunderstand me.

What I mean is, if charities are chosen dependant on how much they spend on overheads, and then hospices are ruled out because they are the worst, how does the more cynical donor decide where his/her money goes, or do they just keep it in their own pocket?

The hospice I donate to looked after a friends son when he was in his last months. I wont concern myself too much with how much they spend on overheads, as long as their final days care remains at the standard given to the little mite.

#31 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Dont get me wrong i do give and do stuff for charity like building christmas sets to go in airport for free which raises a lot of money and make a lot of people happy and been father christmas too. Just dont like the larger charities wasting a lot of donations on running costs.

#32 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

I don't give to charities, ever or beggers in the street.

I will however help those close to me if I can. That's much more important to me.

#33 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

charities  really do pay well most top bods are on six figure sums for fun, if more people knew this then i bet people would give a lot less or nothing.

Always remember a bloke who was doing a event to collect money for charities and he said they were like fly around sh*t trying to get money

so his reply was,can you show me your accounts balance as being a charity they would have nothing to hide, non showed anything says it all really.

i dont give anything to any of the large charities as you are only paying highly inflated wages and money to pay rent on all the shops they have

with probably 5%-10% actually doing any good. sorry to sound a party pooper but im not getting involved in burning a perfectly good jacket

that some vx220 owner would be only too happy to look like a right knob cool dude wearing it 

some vx220 owner would be only too happy to look like a right knob cool dude wearing it! WHO???? LOL

#34 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Right then, I think it's obvious everybody who has answered this thread feels the same about charities, some of us are still too soft & donate even though we know everything that has been raised is true.  Who's got a solution to help Robin off load his fleece? Try donate it to Vauxhall museum?  :rolleyes: 

#35 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Right then, I think it's obvious everybody who has answered this thread feels the same about charities, some of us are still too soft & donate even though we know everything that has been raised is true.  Who's got a solution to help Robin off load his fleece? Try donate it to Vauxhall museum?  :rolleyes: 

It's penny for the guy time soon. PS I'm not as cynical about charities!

#36 Craig S

Craig S

DA-DA-DUM!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • Interests:Finding uses for heavy duty velcro :)

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

CRUK, don't get me started first class flights throwing away tons of stationary because of a logo change I could go on.

#37 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

A chugger tried to stop me today in town, think he was from the Red Cross.  He got the right hump and became very sarcastic when I told him I had no interest in anything he had to say.  Charming attitude from someone representing a Christian organisation.  (FWIW I was polite but disinterested and simply walked on by).  

#38 ghand

ghand

Drunken lampposts only

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts
  • Interests:Whisky.Keeping reptiles.Cars.
    The odd bike ride, fell walk and weights
    Oh and more whisky

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

A chugger tried to stop me today in town, think he was from the Red Cross.  He got the right hump and became very sarcastic when I told him I had no interest in anything he had to say.  Charming attitude from someone representing a Christian organisation.  (FWIW I was polite but disinterested and simply walked on by).  

Put a few plasters in your pocket and give him them next time Wolfy :lol: I have done loads for charity over the years, marathons, 47 mile walks, 100 mile bike rides and all sorts in between thanks for letting me know I wasted all that time and effort and money :lol: .

Edited by ghand, 22 October 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users