MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

I'm in sprightly na (then with extra weight added with an sc). I'm running 24fr 26 rear at the mo (AD08R's) but havent done a lot of tweaking yet, need to run it on track to get a better idea as the weather hasnt exactly lent itself to spirited driving lately. Am a bit concerned that as these are wider than the TD's may also be worse on the aquaplaning front.

Stopped my wheels from rubbing, simply by removing the centre bolt that holds the arch liner in place (thanks for the tip chaps). There are two others that seem to do the job fine on there own.

Martin s

#182 Hark

Hark

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

Presume that's on the fronts? I've ran without that middle bolt on the front for nearly 2years for the same reason, no problems.

#183 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

Recieved the RSR 235/40/17's today. Produced in 0214 so thats as fresh as a cold shower in the morning.

Took a picture to show the tirewidth and general RS-R info:

Left is the 235/40/17 RSR vs. 245/40/17 Michelin PilotSport 3

Posted Image

Posted Image

So thats more like a +245/40/17 tire.

I seem to wear the inside and centre on mine, almost nothing on the outside.

#184 Bill SC

Bill SC

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

Ordered the Federal 595RS-R yesterday in 215/40/17 and 235/40/17 for 400,- delivered. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks when fitted.

Hey TFD, These fitted yet..?

#185 ade

ade

• Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Track days,

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

Fitted mine at last :unsure:

Attached Files

#186 Lou_m

Lou_m

Addicted to Hooning

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorsport, cycling

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Like it!

#187 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Looks great

#188 TFD

TFD

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

No havent fit them jet. Tires on the wheels are done tomorrow and wheels on the car will be in a few weeks I hope when the little baby comes out of the shed.

#189 TFD

TFD

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

Just to complete this thread.

Fitted the ATS-DTC wheel with Federal RS-R's today.

Tires: 215/40/17 front (1.7 bar) and 235/40/17 rear (1.9 bar).

The feeling overall is OEM-like. Steering from standstill/slow is a little bit harder but not very noticable.

No rubbing, tramlining or ABS issues so far.

Grip is a big step up from OEM. Only did a 1 hour testdrive but my b-roads are about 10-20 km/u faster in the corners and you can feel the car/tires say "Hey sissie is that all you got?"

Car keeps track and there's room for more. First impression is good.

I dont know why but cant post pics atm. Will try later.

#190 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Now that mine have done a few hundred or so miles the grip is much better, probably scrubbed off the coating or whatever it's called  :rolleyes:

I have also lowered the pressure to 24 + 26 (AD08R's), this seems to have reduced tramlining, so overall I'm quite happy with them now  thumbsup

#191 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hundred or so miles!? That many Neil?

#192 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

Hundred or so miles!? That many Neil?

okay, 107 miles to be exact  :blush:

#193 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

How it the weight on the Team Dynamics 1.2 compared to ATC Wheels in same dimensions. ATC DTS 17*7.5" weights 8kg (front) ATC DTS 17*9" weights 9kg (front) BR, Per

#194 MartinS

MartinS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

I weighed the fronts yesterday out of interest and they were 1.5kg heavier with 205 AD08R's than Td 1.2 with Toyo 888. I'm guessing the rears would see less of a rise.

Mine have been giving me lots of grief. Despite adding inserts the wheels stil rub (its the front inner arch now) and worse the car was nervous and hardly driveable at height speeds meaning they were destined to go. I tried different suspension set ups to try and solve the nervous front end but out of desperation yesterday got them re weighted in case they were were out of balance. No normal out of balance effects were fealt and they have had an easy life so far and done under 200 miles (been onm my TD's most of the time) but thought it worth a go.

Tthe balance was off 'very slightly' (must have been done wrong in the first place) but it made a notable difference and they are now stable up to all speeds. Haleluya, almost sorted now.

Martin S

#195 Hopey

Hopey

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

Hi all, very interesting thread as I am keen to get a set of the ATS DTC wheels for my VXT.  Would probably be looking to run the Federal RSRs with them.  Is the general consensus that its best to go for 215(f)/235® widths in that combo then?

Or would 205s at the front give a better balance do you think?  Presumably 255 would be too wide at the back in any event and don't think they make the RSRs in 245s.

Thanks!

#196 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Bends

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

Different people have had different experiences with these ATS DTCs as seen from this old thread.

Some like them some don't. Some have had rubbing issues and some haven't.

I've had DTCs on my car for nearly 3 years now, with Yoko AD08R (235/40 rear, 205/45 front). Not had any problems. Handling very similar to when the car had AD08s on TD1.2s. Bear in mind I had the car geo re-done by back on track when the DTC's went on.

No experience of RSRs I'm afraid. I am going to change my AD08R to Toyo R888R soon (same sizes). Will update here on what I find after doing Brands GP in May.

#197 Hopey

Hopey

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Thanks.  Mine will be fitted by BOT too, so will also be getting the geo set up properly by them.

Different people have had different experiences with these ATS DTCs as seen from this old thread.

Some like them some don't. Some have had rubbing issues and some haven't.

I've had DTCs on my car for nearly 3 years now, with Yoko AD08R (235/40 rear, 205/45 front). Not had any problems. Handling very similar to when the car had AD08s on TD1.2s. Bear in mind I had the car geo re-done by back on track when the DTC's went on.

No experience of RSRs I'm afraid. I am going to change my AD08R to Toyo R888R soon (same sizes). Will update here on what I find after doing Brands GP in May.

#198 MartinS

MartinS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

They were awful on my car as I had always planned to still use my TD with 888's on track so didn't change the geo. The lesson is that when fitting the ATC wheels you must get the geo done, they seem to work well then and look great.

Martin S

#199 TFD

TFD

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:13 PM

Running 255 at the rear could cause some rubbing with the brakelines I think. With 235 I allready use zipties to space the brakelines a bit more.

I still think RSR's are a nobrainer for the money and spirited streetfun and maybe a trackday. When going full track I would spend some more on R888's or simular.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: and they have black., ats dtc, alloy wheels, wheels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users