• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

Catd on a Ferrari must be a lot harder hit than on our cars.... There is also the fact that they are ruinously expensive to run and are a bit...well old aren't they? Local pher round here has one and has spent a lot just to make it go and handle in a relatively modern way. The noise though! Second only to the sound of Cheryl Cole making you a post coital fry up.

Some sales historys would be nice.

They are newer than the 328 and 348 though and more reliable than the 348 haha.

The plan is to own one for a year to tick a box and then go back to normal life in peace. I just dont want to sell the Noble and get a 360/430 then want to go back to a Noble.

#22 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

That car or in general?

that car,there is no such thing as a cheap one!! if they are cheap there is a reason,tbh i dont think thats that cheap!!

I wouldnt class it as cheap though. Id class it as about right for a cat D. The seller must value it as more though as his reserve is atleast £30k at a guess

#23 darronwall

darronwall

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts
  • Interests:the older i get the more my genitals look like jeremy clarkson

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

i fancied a prancing horse when i was on my fancy car trip,went to look at a lovely 360,and had a moment that made me decide that only wankers drive them so i left it and went elswhere

#24 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Having chased down 355's and 360s in the old SC car I reckon you'd be Noble hunting again soon but that said if there is an itch to be scratched and you can afford to do it....

YOLO!

#25 -Dab-of-Oppo-

-Dab-of-Oppo-

Cuntpuffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

I can fully understand the 'wow I could have a Ferrari for under 30k' mentality but honestly I think you would be in for a world of pain and that you shouldn't let your heart rule your head! I would really want to understand the market and have a few examples of how comparable CAT cars have done before taking the plunge. I would imagine selling on would be very tricky as apart from buyers much like yourself looking to tick a box on a budget I would have thought the real enthusiast would only have eyes for a cherished example with an exemplary history.

#26 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

i fancied a prancing horse when i was on my fancy car trip,went to look at a lovely 360,and had a moment that made me decide that only wankers drive them so i left it and went elswhere

Yes i can imagine there would be a chunk of negative comments. Something you dont get in the vx or the Noble

Having chased down 355's and 360s in the old SC car I reckon you'd be Noble hunting again soon but that said if there is an itch to be scratched and you can afford to do it....

YOLO!

Which is why id rather get one while still keeping the Noble. That way i get the best of both.

I can fully understand the 'wow I could have a Ferrari for under 30k' mentality but honestly I think you would be in for a world of pain and that you shouldn't let your heart rule your head! I would really want to understand the market and have a few examples of how comparable CAT cars have done before taking the plunge. I would imagine selling on would be very tricky as apart from buyers much like yourself looking to tick a box on a budget I would have thought the real enthusiast would only have eyes for a cherished example with an exemplary history.

As long as the repair is good it shouldnt be any different to maintain than any other 355. Yes the issue is selling it on. But if you are prepred to stick it on ebay with no reserve then it will always sell haha

#27 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Yes i can imagine there would be a chunk of negative comments. Something you dont get in the vx or the Noble
We had the opposite when I took the 360 out, went down very well with the neighbours & some serious respect from some youths in their modified hot hatches in a nearby town, wasn't what I expected at all

#28 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

best colour for a Ferrari, go for it.

#29 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Without making any reference to the "GOD" thread....you only live once.....you want, why not...look at it as a throw of the dice

#30 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Yeah theres no doubt Ferraris are a class act. If you are driving a car rather than just wearing the hoodie I think its mucho respect (probably grudging respect from the neighbors mind) 

I would imagine that every scooby/evo/supercharged VX/VXT on the planet will try and race you every time you go out and you will loose but.....the noise...the noise!

We had the opposite when I took the 360 out, went down very well with the neighbours & some serious respect from some youths in their modified hot hatches in a nearby town, wasn't what I expected at all

#31 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Yeah theres no doubt Ferraris are a class act. If you are driving a car rather than just wearing the hoodie I think its mucho respect (probably grudging respect from the neighbors mind)    I would imagine that every scooby/evo/supercharged VX/VXT on the planet will try and race you every time you go out and you will loose but.....the noise...the noise!  

Did I mention that it had the sports exhaust? :D Pulled up outside the house just gone 5.30, got in through the back door just after 7. I don't do it very often as I prefer to use my own cars, but occasionally come home in something nice, the 360 is the only car that's got all the neighbours out

#32 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Perk of the job!

#33 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Anyone have any experiance or words of warning for me?

I'm a dealer, if you offered that car to me in PX I would simply say "not for me thankyou"

As for the value, Ferrari's have to be "correct/proper" in every way to worth proper money. Even a non cat D car would be worth much less if it had a "story" behind it. Hard to put a value to a cat D one, I would advise upping you're budget and buying a proper one which you would sell on easily.

Most people who buy Ferrari's bring along an anorack to inspect them. This car you're looking has issues he's declaring, just imagine how many others it may have?

I can't actually believe you would bid £27,000 for this car?

Have you been to see it? Met the owner?

I love 355's, I think they're a great investment at the moment, but I wouldn't touch that one.

Please think very carefully about what you do next.

#34 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

The good thing about ebay is it's very biased towards the buyer. Mainly why its a pain in the arse for sellers. If its not as described you dont have to buy it.

#35 anz3001

anz3001

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Traders wont buy the car because they are hard to sell on, I think Zoobeef knows that and isnt phased by it, if you are buying it as an investment/ for profit obviously look elsewhere but if you are buying the car because you want to own and DRIVE a Ferrari go for it. better this one than buy a mint low mileage one and be scared to drive it. 

Edited by anz3001, 18 January 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#36 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Also... Given that people have bidded up to £26k on this car twice now suggests that there is still a market for this car. Personally, if I was to be bidding/spending that kind of money I would find a way to get to see the car and make sure I had a lengthy discussion with the owner. I don't think that is unreasonable even for an ebay auction. If I owned that Fezza I would be happy to have these discussions as you are identifying actual buyers amongst the 'chancers and tyre kickers' that are most likely bidding.

#37 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Some brave people out there bidding on a car they havn't seen, or maybe they have been to see it.

355's are massive money pits if there are issues that need sorting.

I simply cannot believe anyone would bid £26,000 on this car (or any car) without seeing it and meeting the owner, I know you would just walk away if it's not as described, but I'm sure the guy would want a deposit if he's got to bring it over from Ireland. Maybe he would refund it? Maybe he wouldn't?

We are talking about £20,000 plus, that's a lot of money by anyones standard, unless you're a footballer of course.

It's not like a £3000 car where you would take a gamble.

It's all very well telling Mark to go for it, but would YOU actually buy it???????

I've Pm'd Mark my thoughts on this car as I don't want to get into a forum argument with everyone.

Edited by Tfp, 19 January 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#38 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Finished at £28400 and has just been relisted again as didnt get to the reserve. Didnt bid on it last time though.

#39 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

Hmm, how do I get this back haha! http://www.copart.co...=SEARCH_RESULTS

#40 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Now then, where is my barge pole picture?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users