Stolen Headlights

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

That is fcuking unbelievable to hear. What the fcuk!

I am seriously gobsmaked and gutted for you.

#82 navx

navx

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Am glad I took the vx with me to Kent and not left it parked in Bedford. It is gutting that people will cause this much damage to extract a small profit. Granted, headlights that cost thousands and are not much better than candles are a ridiculous proposition.

On the local news tonight there was a piece on thefts of car parts from Vauxhalls, particularly VXRs.  Wonder if Benjy's headlamp theft was related?   http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/News/Police-launch-countywide-investigation-into-thefts-of-parts-from-Vauxhall-cars-20140310102025.htm 

#83 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

Am glad I took the vx with me to Kent and not left it parked in Bedford. It is gutting that people will cause this much damage to extract a small profit. Granted, headlights that cost thousands and are not much better than candles are a ridiculous proposition.

On the local news tonight there was a piece on thefts of car parts from Vauxhalls, particularly VXRs.  Wonder if Benjy's headlamp theft was related?   http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/News/Police-launch-countywide-investigation-into-thefts-of-parts-from-Vauxhall-cars-20140310102025.htm 

link broken?

#84 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

Yep, so I posted up a new link:

Link proving problematic.........trying again:   http://www.bedfordsh...40310102025.htm    

#85 Defcon5

Defcon5

• PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Detailing, Motor Racing

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

I get that Paul but there is just a chance that there is a link between Benjy's theft and Operation King.  It's got to be worth mentioning this to the police again.  Certainly no harm.  

Its a specific operation targeting an OCG on the other side of the country, mentioning that op name will mean nothing to them. These have not been stolen on the off chance that they might be worth a few quid to sell online. Somewhere in Edinburgh there is a bent garage repairing one with front end damage and Johnny scroat has been sent to nick some - your car has likely been seen locally and word has got round. Note the person who owns the car may not be involved - as far as they are concerned they are paying a paintshop to fix there car, and assume they are buying legit parts. On the other hand the paintshop may not be involved, they are just fitting the parts the car owner has sent them. If you could find out if anyone local had recently bought a front clam that may lead you somewhere, maybe some eBay research on the guy that sells clams on there may be a good place to start, assuming JB hasn't sent one up there...

#86 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

Precisely. This is all about somebody fixing a fcuked VX220 and probably only latterly finding out that headlights costs £1k each. The VXR stuff is all about nicking "uprated" bumpers and HID lights to stick on fleabay/Gumtree/VXonline/wherever for people wanting to make their cars look like faster/better versions of the same car.

#87 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

If you could find out if anyone local had recently bought a front clam that may lead you somewhere

Or had one repaired recently.... ly_scott :lol:

#88 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

Glol. Fk off :ninja:

#89 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

people going round nicking corsa front bumper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users