Blown My Vx Up Today Help Needed!

engine blown

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

the water flows towards the engine - so the arrow points away from the chassis side beam where the coolant hose comes through.

#102 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Racing WRC/F1/Miglia/Time Attack/MotoGp etc...
    360 Gaming 10-Pin Bowling.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

Thanks Vocky

#103 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

In fear of the 'while your there' factor getting out of hand, is it worth looking at the subframe join and sorting that? Seeing as the engine/gear box are out. Unless you have already done it in your rebuild of the car. Looking good though!

Probably not going to get time to do this although is tempting...

#104 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Well had a day of it...

After getting engine in yesterday will help from Batman left if overnight with just fluids and clutch bleed to do.. (1hr's work max)

Started this morning and after speaking to Lee2.2 who said best bleed the clutch first  just in case you have any issue...

Well glad I did as after bleeding clutch on full depression popped the new CS Sachs Slave Cylinder and pissed brake/clutch fluid out the bottom of the gearbox!!

Gutted would be a good word!

So after a few tears began pulling it out again!!

On inspection looks like the Sach's slave had hyper extended and blew is seal out. So got to it measuring up new and old flywheels clutch and pressure plate.. Was a little different but not that much.

So cut a long story short gambled and put the old slave in and positioned the engine back in bay still on the hoist only connecting up the driveshafts (Just in case it popped it this one as well.)  Well it didn't and is working fine!!! (Go figure!!!)

So carried on installing and finally got it up and running..

It's a little lumpy and kind of sounds like is may be missing a bit (cam timing? Ecu needing to learn? I dunno I've had enough for today!!!)

If anyone has any advise or if I'm just being paranoid let me know. I'll be putting cams back one tomorrow for a test drive will know more after this I suppose...

#105 rizo9

rizo9

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

Well had a day of it...   After getting engine in yesterday will help from Batman left if overnight with just fluids and clutch bleed to do.. (1hr's work max)   Started this morning and after speaking to Lee2.2 who said best bleed the clutch first  just in case you have any issue...   Well glad I did as after bleeding clutch on full depression popped the new CS Sachs Slave Cylinder and pissed brake/clutch fluid out the bottom of the gearbox!!   Gutted would be a good word!   So after a few tears began pulling it out again!!   On inspection looks like the Sach's slave had hyper extended and blew is seal out. So got to it measuring up new and old flywheels clutch and pressure plate.. Was a little different but not that much.   So cut a long story short gambled and put the old slave in and positioned the engine back in bay still on the hoist only connecting up the driveshafts (Just in case it popped it this one as well.)  Well it didn't and is working fine!!! (Go figure!!!)   So carried on installing and finally got it up and running..   It's a little lumpy and kind of sounds like is may be missing a bit (cam timing? Ecu needing to learn? I dunno I've had enough for today!!!)   If anyone has any advise or if I'm just being paranoid let me know. I'll be putting cams back one tomorrow for a test drive will know more after this I suppose...

I know that feeling. Got mine all back together it it was leaking gearbox oil from the seal on the slave. Really annoying having to remove it all again.

#106 Wreelybro

Wreelybro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

It's fixed! Thanks Lee and Vocky for the tips. It ended up being the Coilpack springs that needed a stretch! Love a simple fix

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine, blown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users