• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

there are those that want their car to go faster, and those that want it to look like it goes faster... there is a significant/critical difference between the 2.

And then there's people like me - those that want the car to go faster and also look faster but have no talent to do either :lol: Wheels look nice, but not for me.

#62 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Have I missed something ? Are the wheels for sale ( not my thing but nice ) How much dies it cost per wheel to put this finish on Son might fancy his clio Tds doing

#63 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

The thing is... they don't make you car perform any better. QED.   As I said, there are those that want their car to go faster, and those that want it to look like it goes faster... there is a significant/critical difference between the 2.

Yeah but most of what you do yours doesn't make it perform any better either. How well is it performing at the moment?

#64 Tyler.

Tyler.

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Like most say, it's a style thing. Wheels are no lighter and tbh I think you'd struggle getting carbon fiber wheels so this is the next best thing at a fraction of the cost.

I just need to put the tyres on the other 3 and I'll pop a thread up

Cost around £350 to get done, fully striped and powdercoated inc.

#65 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

The thing is... they don't make you car perform any better. QED.   As I said, there are those that want their car to go faster, and those that want it to look like it goes faster... there is a significant/critical difference between the 2.

Yeah but most of what you do yours doesn't make it perform any better either. How well is it performing at the moment?

That is subjective bollocks (as usual), seeing as you've never even sat in the car for a ride, let alone driven it. As it happens it is running great, but you seem to pour scorn regardless anyway due to the chip on your shoulder.  

Edited by Nev, 16 May 2014 - 05:52 AM.

#66 chappers2000

chappers2000

• PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Sports cars; kit cars, mountain biking

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

The thing is... they don't make you car perform any better. QED.

As I said, there are those that want their car to go faster, and those that want it to look like it goes faster... there is a significant/critical difference between the 2.

Would they not? if you were adding dipped Team dynamics compared to standard alloys then they must be lighter and so perform better?

I think the thread got side tracked in general carbon/non- carbon debate when it effectively started out about spending £350 carbon dipping your wheels (or £350 powdercoating them). I'd like my car to drive great/have more power etc. but I also want it to look good as most of the time it's just driven on the road. If you kerb a wheel and get it re-powdercoated it won't make it go any faster but I bet most people would do it for aesthetic reasons - if money wasn't a problem.

I personally like the wheels but wouldn't have them as it's easier to touch up gloss black, though hopefully won't ever kerb my wheels.

#67 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

That is subjective bollocks (as usual), seeing as you've never even sat in the car for a ride, let alone driven it. As it happens it is running great, but you seem to pour scorn regardless anyway due to the chip on your shoulder.  
I just know where to poke to get a reaction ;) :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carboncarbon fibrecarbon fiber, td pro race, team dynamics, 1.2, alloy, alloys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users