#41 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

its not cured the slightly floppy feeling at the front,

FNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

#42 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

It's not necessarily my opinion, but I found this handy guide to the cute little Fiat 500 online:     Fiat 500s are tough: http://www.dailymail...tect-crash.html   Fiat 500s are good: https://itscrap.word...12/26/fiat-500/   Fiat 500s are fun and nippy: http://www.motoringr...hdog-1107954951   Fiat 500 and its legendary reliability: http://www.foxnews.c...t-reliable-car/   The place for Fiat 500 Registers: http://fiat500club.org.uk/home/

Shock horror, fat americans that can't even fit in the fkucking thing and think anything smaller than a focus is a shoe, think the 500 is crap! Got the little sh1t box booked in on Monday... taking somebody out on a road test so they can hear, diagnose and fix whatever is knocking at the front! Guessing the top mounts!! Very much like a creak when going over speed humps. Thankfully I believe they are covered by warranty. Anybody know if you can get vented front discs as a direct fit or won't they fit under the calipers, mine are warped as fcuk now. thumbsup :)

#43 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

Mine are vented on the chav wagon.... If yours aren't a) that's a shock and b.) likely to need new calipers

#44 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:02 PM

Cheers Slindy... thumbsup

#45 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

If you were localler I'd have done the top mounts for you lol

#46 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

thumbsup

#47 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

While you are in with them, ask why the steering would feel heavy and sometimes pull the car about. I'm guessing ball joints but don't want to randomly replace bits

#48 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:43 AM

Sure... when you say "pull the car around", do you mean vague steering or almost like tramlining?

#49 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

Sure... when you say "pull the car around", do you mean vague steering or almost like tramlining?

It's both at times... I think its either the ball joints or front arm bushes which can be replaced separately with chav white line granite items for less than wishbones :lol:

#50 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

It's both at times... I think its either the ball joints or front arm bushes which can be replaced separately with chav white line granite items for less than wishbones :lol:

He said most likely ball joints but that he would expect it to knock as well thumbsup

#51 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:09 AM

Thats what I'm leaning to, too.

Oh and the fcuking thing started knocking its back end (fnaaarrrrrrr © FLD) this morning... damn it.

#52 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Quality Italian components at the sound of it. Works well for a short period of time, then can't be bothered.

#53 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

gonna see if I can get some bushes made up to replace the rear damper parts as I CBA to spend money on new dampers that will fail like this again

#54 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:19 PM

Verdict in... well sort of... they can hear it and reproduce it but aren't 100% sure what it is, so they are replacing the dampers/struts, top mounts, top mount cups and even throwing in the caps to keep the water out of the cups... under warranty :)

#55 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

nice. I cheated and drilled a hole in each cup to let the water drain away. Although I'm very very confident that its not water collecting in the cup that causes the problem as its got to pass two threaded fastners, around a double rebated interface to the bearing and then into the bearing. Its more than likely a problem from road spray... imho of course.

#56 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:05 AM

Verdict in... well sort of... they can hear it and reproduce it but aren't 100% sure what it is, so they are replacing the dampers/struts, top mounts, top mount cups and even throwing in the caps to keep the water out of the cups... under warranty :)

Well, was in India with work last week, so left Fiat with my spare key and they kindly popped over, got the car, changed all of the above and returned it...

There is good news and bad news:

Good news - You never know how sh@gged up your suspension is until you have it replaced... feeling lovely and tight now.

Bad news - The noise that prompted them to change the suspension is still there - no change at all!

Off to Fiat this morning to pick up my key and discuss!

They will surely have checked all ball joints, drop links etc., etc., when they dismantled it all, so I am beginning to think it is not suspension related... would there be enough flex in the body when going over speed humps to cause the arch liners to flex and make a creaking noise when rubbing against the body or am I talking crap?  The sound is only present when going over big humps, where the suspension gets pretty much fully compressed and un-compressed... any other thoughts?

thumbsup

#57 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

We have a knocking and its he rear damper bush... New damper will fix the problem for 5mins as they are a poor design :lol:

#58 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:04 PM

Well, after nearly 3 years and 20k, the trusty little 500 has been traded in. 2 front tyres 2 front disks 1 set of pads 1 speedo unit (nice warranty upgrade to the newer style) 1 wiring harness safety recall The front top mounts sometimes knock over massive speedbumps, but other than that it is still as tight as a drum. Going to miss the little thing, it had been a hoot! :)

#59 Claws

Claws

Stage FA NA FTW!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,246 posts
  • Interests:Daft plastic cars

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

Unusually quick turnaround from the garage, 500 is gone. Replaced with a C30. Is there a C30 register on here? :lol:

#60 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

Add me to the register, just bought an 09 Abarth Esseesse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users