• Please log in to reply
487 replies to this topic

#141 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

Prices go up (heck.. check the German carprices...). But I dont see the real extra value now in the comming years. Sell them for what you paid for is surely possible, even a small profit can be made I guess. A good condition bone stock VX will maybe do 30K in 2050 or so. Gonna net you 20K in 30 years...   I would drive the thing and save 50 quid a month. Gets you the 20K in 30 years AND you 100% enjoyed the VX for what its made for.    

That's a good point, I haven't bought mine as an investment, the point I'm making is if low mileage cars go up in value that will boost high milage cars and people looking for a fun car will be attracted to it as they know it won't lose much value if anything it will gain value. You used to see vx220s for £4.5k, you don't any more so it's already happening. Obviously the true investors will be looking at low mileage cars but I'm sure there are owners of all mileages on here that bought the car because they know it will hold its value or appreciate.

Edited by gaffer1986, 26 January 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#142 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

These cars are starting to become investments and the value of such investments are a self fulfilling prophecy so word of mouth is important.  

Only problem is that one with over 100k miles isnt an investment  
  It could be, if someone famous had driven it! But they would have to be mega-famous and have been photographed / written about in that car.   Unfortunately I can't see anything with over 40k miles being an investment.   Just my 2p.
Damn! My vxr has now hit 50k. Do I put it away or continue enjoying it by driving it?.. Investment or smiles? :P 1p worth

Edited by Mani, 03 February 2016 - 10:24 PM.

#143 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

These cars are starting to become investments and the value of such investments are a self fulfilling prophecy so word of mouth is important.  

It could be, if someone famous had driven it! But they would have to be mega-famous and have been photographed / written about in that car.   Unfortunately I can't see anything with over 40k miles being an investment.   Just my 2p.
Damn! My vxr has now hit 50k. Do I put it away or continue enjoying it by driving it?.. Investment or smiles? :P 1p worth

Smiles all the way Mani, I remember being in it when you did your 33,333th mile!

#144 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

I agree Gigo. These cars are for driving not locking up in garages hoping one day you make a few bob on them. Life is short, so make the most of it while you can.

#145 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:57 AM

Bought mine as a tatty NA in 2012 for £5k with around 85k on the clock. It's now been written off 3 times (without fault), supercharged, suspension refreshed and much much more and has around 125k on the clock. It's been off the road for roughly half of the time I've owned it getting fixed so yeah I've driven it more in that time than many owners have in a decade or more. Is it worth more? Less? Don't give a fcuk either way cos I love the stoopid plastic twatting thing. It makes me feel I have something to look forward to, and something to get excited about. And that is priceless.

Edited by Acidpopstar, 04 February 2016 - 12:57 AM.

#146 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:53 AM

I agree with you, I don't believe in investing in cars, I think it's ridiculous the prices the cars at RM Sotheby's car auction fetch just to be locked away in a garage. If you have millions you could do good. I don't see a VX220 as an investment because there are easier and faster ways to make money but the fact they don't depreciate and probably will appreciate a little is a bonus and makes the idea of buying one far easier for most thinking about getting one which will increase confidence in purchasing and push prices up a little more.

Edited by gaffer1986, 04 February 2016 - 07:57 AM.

#147 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:22 AM

I think they can be investments and I'm not the only one to have one purely tucked away. Weren't they in Octane magazine last month as well? Everyone's tipping them but try finding one thats investment grade. Not easy. People do drive investment cars probably more so than you'd think. I intend to use mine in the summer might do a couple of thousand miles in it if possible. My driving time is limited to the amount of free time I have so having a garage queen or a snotter it makes little difference to the amount of time I'd get in the drivers seat so why bother with a regular type one? I paid a decent amount for mine just a tiny bit less than the silver one thats advertised now but it was a prudent buy I think. I've already been asked for a price tag and at present I would say 17-18k would stand a small chance of getting the keys for it 20k would certainly buy it. Thats not a bad return. Fortunately I bought it to enjoy not to sell but its good to know its a rare thing thats never going to go down in value. 

#148 gertje

gertje

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:38 AM

Posted Image

Price in Europa for a Tubby �

#149 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

Bought mine as a tatty NA in 2012 for £5k with around 85k on the clock. It's now been written off 3 times (without fault), supercharged, suspension refreshed and much much more and has around 125k on the clock. It's been off the road for roughly half of the time I've owned it getting fixed so yeah I've driven it more in that time than many owners have in a decade or more.Is it worth more? Less? Don't give a fcuk either way cos I love the stoopid plastic twatting thing. It makes me feel I have something to look forward to, and something to get excited about. And that is priceless.

Well said. You can't put a price on smiles. But if you do have loads and loads of money and a triple garage, then it's nice to know that the right car will give you a return. Me, I just have to live with one vx but will get the max enjoyment out of it. Not fussed about about making a few k, I go to work to earn my money. Work hard to play hard :)

#150 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:56 PM

High miles always sells lower simple .

Pretty simplistic.

#151 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:19 PM

It could be, if someone famous had driven it! But they would have to be mega-famous and have been photographed / written about in that car.

Unfortunately I can't see anything with over 40k miles being an investment.

Just my 2p.

Woo! 

Low milage - check

Driven by VBH on the telly - check

In what will be become the collectors colour of choice - check

#152 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

Two low mileage turbos on the way at 17k a pop. The market is strong very early this year so I don't think we will have too much of a problem shifting them.

#153 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:33 PM

Woo!    Low milage - check Driven by VBH on the telly - check In what will be become the collectors colour of choice - check
It's still silver but you might get a good bid on the seat 😀☺️😊

#154 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:49 PM

I agree Gigo. These cars are for driving not locking up in garages hoping one day you make a few bob on them. Life is short, so make the most of it while you can.

If only I had more time to drive mine :lol:

Will be making more of an effort this year!

#155 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:10 PM

If only I had more time to drive mine :lol:   Will be making more of an effort this year!

I guess it's back on the road then?

#156 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

Yep, all taxed and ready to go, MOT due on the 3rd April.  Will be joining everyone on the 20th for the Peaks Run :)

#157 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

Yep, all taxed and ready to go, MOT due on the 3rd April.  Will be joining everyone on the 20th for the Peaks Run :)

:D

#158 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:32 PM

:D
👍🏻

#159 Crock

Crock

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:07 PM

http://www.autotrade...530lg&logcode=p

http://www.autotrade...530lg&logcode=p

:rolleyes:

#160 Lou_m

Lou_m

Addicted to Hooning

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorsport, cycling

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

The first one in your link is the one that Evans Halshaw had for sale at £9500. After getting mucked about with them they decided that they couldn't sell it as it had some issues with the heater(noisey) so they put it through the auction last week... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users