• Please log in to reply
545 replies to this topic

#501 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

Looks like the sills are going to be a nightmare to fit... Old ones came out ok but the CF ones don't have enough flex in to get past the speaker panel thing. So looks like it's going to be a seats out job 👎

Edited by Chris P Duck, 03 August 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#502 Karpo

Karpo

• 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

Looks like the sills are going to be a nightmare to fit... Old ones came out ok but the CF ones don't have enough flex in to get past the speaker panel thing. So looks like it's going to be a seats out job 👎

Yep, no way to get NA sills fitted without removing that panel. And while you're at it, have your Dremel at hand, because at least I had to grind my sills a lot to get them fit properly. There's still some gap, but it's now in vx220/Speedster tolerances.

#503 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

Yep, no way to get NA sills fitted without removing that panel. And while you're at it, have your Dremel at hand, because at least I had to grind my sills a lot to get them fit properly. There's still some gap, but it's now in vx220/Speedster tolerances.
Don't suppose you have any pics of the bits you had to grind?

#504 Karpo

Karpo

• 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

Don't suppose you have any pics of the bits you had to grind?

Nope, but it should be obvious when you try to put it in place. My bits were too long/tall and wouldn't fit far enough under the dash so I took like 5mm or so off around the pocket section and also smoothed the corner around b-pillar to fit it nicely under it.

#505 Molly196655

Molly196655

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:16 AM

My sills are the same poor fit and need about the same amount taking off the pocket area.

#506 Ratouf

Ratouf

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:42 AM

Received

#507 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

Sills needed lots of tweaking but got there.
After trying a few different things a section of carpet cut to the right shape seemed exactally the right thickness and stiffness to replace the hard foam. The steering surround needs a bit of work too as I'm not happy with the fit at the moment. Ears are just mocked up with tape at the moment as I'm still undecided how to fit them.

Looks MUCH better in real life than the pics (made worse by the bright low sun and a crappy iPad camera) but it should give you an idea.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MASSIVE, MASSIVE, thanks to Mark for organising this and putting up with all the moaning and acting as a go between. It's really appreciated... Now where's my bloody splitter :D

Edited by Chris P Duck, 06 August 2015 - 06:52 PM.

#508 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

Sills needed lots of tweaking but got there. After trying a few different things a section of carpet cut to the right shape seemed exactally the right thickness and stiffness to replace the hard foam. The steering surround needs a bit of work too as I'm not happy with the fit at the moment. Ears are just mocked up with tape at the moment as I'm still undecided how to fit them. Looks MUCH better in real life than the pics (made worse by the bright low sun and a crappy iPad camera) but it should give you an idea. MASSIVE, MASSIVE, thanks to Mark for organising this and putting up with all the moaning and acting as a go between. It's really appreciated... Now where's my bloody splitter :D

Looks awesome Chris, glad you're pleased with it all :wub: I'd be interested to see how you get on with the tubby ears as I've bought them too! Make sure you take pics as you go please :) I would say its been a pleasure but its been bloody hard work! I knew there was demand, just needed someone to take responsibility of organising it all. Sorry its taken longer than we hoped, still a couple of bits to sort but 90% there now so thanks for bearing with... I'm continuing to push and won't rest until its all complete!

#509 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Stevenage FC.
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

Chris, what did you fix the sill plates and dash plates with? Number plate tape?

#510 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:42 PM

Chris, what did you fix the sill plates and dash plates with? Number plate tape?

The dash plates came with double sided adhesive foam already applied to the parts, the sills use the same fixing points as the originals so I reused the original fixings.

#511 wdazzle

wdazzle

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:06 PM

Same thing with my sills re: fettling required. Must be worth putting a bit of feedback in to UC for future sill buyers? Very pleased, took a while but I ordered right at the end and it was a big order which did save a lot of folk a lot of money! Thanks for organising it :)

#512 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:37 AM

Anyone who bought ears fitted theirs yet? I have some "big head" studs I can bond to the clam so the back of the ear can be bolted to the clam. The grill part I can use the 2 OEM fixing holes, but how have people attached the grill to the ear? Just tiger seal or an equivalent or is there a neater way?

Edited by Chris P Duck, 09 August 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#513 AllanM

AllanM

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:43 AM

Mine have arrived

#514 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

Anyone who bought ears fitted theirs yet? I have some "big head" studs I can bond to the clam so the back of the ear can be bolted to the clam. The grill part I can use the 2 OEM fixing holes, but how have people attached the grill to the ear? Just tiger seal or an equivalent or is there a neater way?

The grills bond into the ear.  Tigerseal or epoxy should hold them in.  Big head studs in the sill with a couple of nuts and a captive nut bolted in the inside of the sill for the bolt in the door shut. 

#515 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

Any word on the final batch? Been putting off the spring clean for when these arrive and the car is a right dog atm.

#516 out on the bike

out on the bike

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:fast bikes and fast cars

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

My sills have arrived but no sign of the dash plates yet not sure why they haven't sent every thing together but at least I have something to fit on Sunday.

#517 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

Any word on the final batch? Been putting off the spring clean for when these arrive and the car is a right dog atm.

Sorry for the delay, been manic at work. I'll contact Scott today and find out where we are and update

#518 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:41 AM

My sills haveĀ arrived but no sign of the dash plates yet not sure why they haven't sent every thing together but at least I have something to fit on Sunday.

Some folk have received part of their order and the rest will follow, simply because the remains parts were not quite ready. I'll mention it to Scott.

#519 VX Boyd

VX Boyd

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
    The VX220.
    My work.
    Pubs.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Sorry for the delay, been manic at work. I'll contact Scott today and find out where we are and update

No problem mate, would just like to try and make sure someone is in when it does get delivered.

#520 thejoaoserra

thejoaoserra

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:07 PM

I received a nice package with all the bits. 👍

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users