Photo

Patience_Wearing_Thin! (Astra Z20Let Ecu)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

What map are you going to use on that ECU?

#22 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

Just the Astra map that's on it, but the garage I'm taking it too has the software to put a vx220 map on if I so wish - didn't think the map would be an issue/any different between the two?

Edited by rhoran00, 07 March 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#23 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

Numbers wise, it probably isn't very different. But it will expect things like aircon and power steering to be there which probably do affect the engine load and the calibration will be different to cope with that and cause it to barf when it can't find them. I assume you did get the corresponding ignition switch transponder and key chips to go with the replacement ECU so it's not an immobiliser issue?

#24 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

Numbers wise, it probably isn't very different. But it will expect things like aircon and power steering to be there which probably do affect the engine load and the calibration will be different to cope with that and cause it to barf when it can't find them. I assume you did get the corresponding ignition switch transponder and key chips to go with the replacement ECU so it's not an immobiliser issue?

Can somebody just confirm that I should be able to plug and play an Astra gsi turbo/z20let ecu kit (ECU, transponder chip & immobiliser ring).

I agree with Grumpy that the ECU is getting confused because lots of stuff is missing or not adding up.

With the VX220 stripped down version it should be fine... (unless there is an underling issue)

looks like he has the whole kit ;)

#25 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, I think I just assumed that it would run fine, but there would be a load of faultcodes stored in the "body" part of the ecu. I don't know what year astra the ecu came off, but have ffoundthat some of the early z20lets had a cooling control box. Any ideas how this talked/linked in to the ECU? It would be a good cause of the P0115 fault code anyway if it was off an early car and expected this additional Ecu

#26 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

ECU Manufacture: BOSCH MOTRONIC - ME1.5.5
No. of Pins: 128
No. of Connectors: 1

ECU Location: IN ENGINE BAY BEHIND NSR WHEEL / BOOT WALL
No. of Rows: 4
Description: BOSCH MOTRONIC ME 1.5.5

Features: TWIN PLUG 128 PIN AB CONFIG

Posted Image

Note , according to VX220 TIS  / part 2, B61 Sensor - Coolant temperature (gauge) is on pin 38 signal and pin 9 ground on ECU plug X32.

Signal for Dash Instrument (INS 718 green+blue) comes from X2 pin9 green+blue to ECU plug X31 pin 35

#27 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:16 AM

chances are that you have a ecu from AstraG/Corsa C and this is the ecu pinouts and the loom for B39 sensor and its pinout on ECU pin38 and pin9 looks to be the same.

But P0115 the ECU is reading open circuit and probably thinks its minus 48°C or something very low.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

Cool, that at least explains the lack of Rev counter output, and hopefully it'll just be a dodgy water temp sensor, but it's easy enough to check :) Where's the best place to obtain a copy of TIS? I know there's alot available on line, but in-lieu of having a Haynes manual for any z20let, it might be a god-send of a resource!

Edited by rhoran00, 08 March 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#29 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]RPM Signal for Dash Instrument (INS 733 white+black) comes from X2 pin2 white+black to ECU plug X31 pin 20[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]so its probably not setup in the map on your ECU so you need to put the VX220 based software on.[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]/edit having a second look pin 20 is used for the electronic power steering on the same plug that would be the VX220 rpm output[/color]

#30 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:08 PM

Well, the good news is that the car is just about driveable, so I can get it to the garage on Thursday :). Water temp sensor was reading 5v in opcom and there were a few error codes relating to the throttle output not being right.

#31 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

This zip file ( link ) has the factory standard VX map , this is what you need.

It is for LET Black 370cc injectors and Bosch 70mm AMM , overboost set for 11psi on standard actuator.

#32 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

god he is good :wub:

#33 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

He's amazing :)

got all kinds of software/files for stupid stuff I've asked for :lol:

#34 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

Cheers. The map itself felt fine, it was just the throttle that seemed to be all over the place, which would tie in with the error codes. How would you go about putting a map file onto the car? Can I use the OPcom interface and another piece of software to load it, or does it need a different interface?

#35 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

Just to add, I've got a corsa ECU as a backup so if I can programme that up, it'd be useful to have as a spare on the shelf!

#36 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

I dont think Opcom will do it.

an MPPS V13 cable will or a gelato (or similar spelling) will.

#37 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

Galetto. I can get a kvm2000 cable for £20 off eBay so May be worth a play :)

#38 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:22 PM

Still broken :'( Has been configured to a vx220, but the fan is constantly running when the ignition is on, Opcom tells me I have a short to the battery on the maf/map, boost and water temperature sensors and the accellerator pedal is still throwing up error codes - although I've read this needs to be recalibrated when replacing the ECU, but I'll sort the other issues out first! Have disconnected the amf,water temp and boost sensors and makes no difference. It's as if there's a short, but the car ran fine with no fault codes prior to the ECU swap :(.

#39 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

did you wire the earth cable to the ecu bolt?

#40 rhoran00

rhoran00

• Pip
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

Yes :(. I think the local garage reconfigured it incorrectly - it's listed as a 2003 vx220, but the A116 part number listed in opcom isn't the same as the label on my old Ecu. It also thinks it's a motronic 7.6.1, not a 1.5.5! I think the guy has gone for the latest software, but that's probably for a z20ler, not a let! Possibly for coding a Europa or a late turbo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users